Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on October 14, 2013
The camera is user friendly and takes clear pictures. The zoom lense lets me take pictures of animals and other subjects that are off in the distance or close up of flowers etc. It is a small size, but not too small. It's great to carry around in my backpack, purse or coat pocket. The camera comes with everything ready to start taking pictures.
I would definitely recommend this camera!
on October 24, 2013
This point and shoot camera has many features and requires effort to master them. There is no printed instructional manual, but
the cd is extensive. Still learning how to use it.
on January 9, 2014
I found this camera to be just as it read it to be. The 24x zoom is great and the photos nice and sharp on its 3.0 LDC and there are all kinds of different settings that will come in handy. I'm sure I will enjoy taking lots of photos with this camera.
on October 7, 2013
have only had the camera for a month and have not used all it's features. Bought it from reading other reviews and also for the zoom lens, works great. Bought the package mainly for the extra battery, thought I would throw the tripod away but it has become a must have whenever I take the camera with me, have used the camera and stand all over : the car , a boat on a golf cart, great little item when you want to include yourself in shots.
on June 29, 2013
lets be honest here: i love this camera.i really do. it's compact, fully state of the art, and feature laden. full HD video. and it addresses my major complaints from a previous olympus point&shoot, that being the delay between shutter button pressing & the actual picture being taken (a full second was too long), and the time it took to "store" the picture on the memory card and be ready for another picture. This camera probably has a faster CPU chip to process the data quicker. BUT: i had to return this and am awaiting an exchange because the lens was not aligned properly, and the left side of every picture had the blurred plastic lens housing showing in it. I could push the lens to the right with a bit of pressure to align it and clear up the picture, but it reverted back after pressure was removed. So its a manufacturing error for it happening, and Poor quality control for not catching it. If the 2nd one is the same I will have to look for another camera. PS remember it does NOT come with a memory card. I bought the "kit" from an amazon vendor which included it.
on June 13, 2013
Versatile little camera, I love it. We had a Slr and this is much more convenient and almost as good.
on August 30, 2013
Haven't had a great deal of time to play with the camera but every picture I've taken has been excellent. Lots to learn but on auto it is still great. Since purchased with extras was very surprised that a camera case was included and a large memory card, plus the camera comes with a battery to the kit contained an extra battery (and I ordered another battery not knowing this) so now have three batteries. I am leaving for France in 5 days - the results of the photos on that trip - most taken from a moving bus will tell the true story of how satisfactory I feel the camera is compared to the Canon I have been using with MUCH less zoom. If set to 8 mp will get pictures of just about the same quality as the 16mp and twice the number of photos on the memory card.
on November 8, 2013
price was right with the addition of the extra battery & small tripod. Used the tripod and the timer to allow me to join in the pictures. Nice camera.
on April 5, 2014
I did a ton of research. I read all the reviews here, on assorted camera sites, and on Consumer Reports. I wrote down specs and compared. My need was to get good pictures of my lovely grand-nieces and my dogs, in the sun and in the shade. I like to make photo books. I wanted to get shots that could be cropped and enlarged and still look good. I have an older Cannon Elph SD 600. It took nice pictures but it was only 6 megapixels. I was looking for a camera with good zoom, over 15 megapixels, a good flash, and capable of taking repeat pictures quickly. And be less than $200.00. That eliminated the Cannons. I really like their software so I wasn't happy about that. Finally my choices narrowed down to the Olympus and a Fuji. The Olympus got the nod because CR said the flash was bright and had excellent range. They were correct! I've been bouncing around taking pictures of everything for two days now. The pics are clear with great detail. Indoors and low light shots look great. My dogs are even more handsome in 16 megapixels!
I saw a few comments about the Olympus being tough to use right out of the box. I had no trouble picking up most of the basic moves, and this is something I do okay at, but not at genius level. The software works great.
The package deal included a case (ok), a tripod (ok), a cleaning kit (ok), an SD card (great) and an extra battery (great and a surprise)! It's always nice to get stuff with your new stuff.

My only mildly not- happy surprise was that the battery charges inside the camera. Not a huge deal though. I just needed to find a stable place to plug it in so the camera didn't get knocked over.

All in all I am quite happy!!
on August 29, 2014
Uses up the battery very quickly. Always keep a second charged battery with you. The Battery will not last a day of taking lots of pictures on a vacation. The pictures however turn out great.