5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Wildlife Binocs
Published on May 15, 2010 by A. Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Too bulky
I bought these based on a review of someone who took these to Alaska. These are to bulky & heavy to lug around in the great outdoors so I returned all 3 pairs I bought. I found a smaller pair by Bushnell that works very well at Dicks for the same price.
Published on June 3, 2012 by Jaimini Amin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Wildlife Binocs, May 15, 2010
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
As a Wildlife Biologist I depend on my field gear to either gather important data or to make it easier to get to where I am collecting the data so you can imagine how important equipment can be. For this most recent field season I purchased 4 different models (after trying several others in store) of binoculars for my field team in order conduct surveys for endangered species. Of the 4 models the Olympus Trooper 7X35 DPS1m Binoculars proved superior. They have wonderful clarity and focus easily. We purchased separate shoulder straps so I cannot comment on the ones included in the package. I will be purchasing several more of this model for this field season and future seasons.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, general purpose 7x35, August 1, 2005
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
I was looking for a general purpose 7x35 binocular for camping and birdwatching. The Olympus DPS 1 was one of the lighter offerings in that power,important for me in carrying them on a hike. I like the "grippy" texture of the binoculars. The case is lightweight and has a decent strap on it. One small gripe are the four lens caps,somewhat loose fitting,however they really are not needed when carrying the binoculars in the case, I just leave them at home. Great quality for a reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, June 28, 2013
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
Images are clear without color distortion. The focus control of this binocular works well. 7x has less shaky movement than higher magnification binoculars .Olympus 7x35 DPS-1 is well build and sturdy although it is little heavier than my Roof Prism binoculars. But it is alright with me because this is for watching birds and stars from my backyards. It is not my travel binocular. Optical performances are excellent. It is inexpensive and it meets my expectation.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic binoculars, December 26, 2008
J. H. Johnson (Flemingsburg, KY) - See all my reviews
I think these binoculars are very clear for the price. I would buy another pair. In this price range I have not found a better pair.

The only thing I would note is that they are not listed as fog proof or
water proof. This may be an issue if you are a hunter.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad to have my Olympus Binocs., July 1, 2009
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
In 2001 I bought virtually identical Olympus Binoculars and they were perfect for me. A couple of months ago I dropped them on my garage floor and that knocked them out of allignment.

Olympus offered to replace them at no charge if I would send them in with my original receipt. Unfortunately, I no longer had the receipt, so I replaced them with this purchase.

So far the new set is working well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoc value!, January 13, 2012
R. Brouwer (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
Wanted a good, but inexpensive binocular for our Alaska cruise. Good field of view and easy to focus. Olympus always delivers great products. Will buy another one for the trip because my wife won't want to give it up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grat view, January 10, 2010
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
These binoculars are sturdy and well built. Compact with a sharp view. These are great for attending sporting events.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 15, 2011
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
One :Yes, These binoculars are sturdy and well built. They have wonderful clarity and focus easily.Many thanks for the good price.Two :Yes , These binoculars are sturdy and well built. They have wonderful clarity and focus easily.Many thanks for the good price.Three ; that's all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, just right, January 21, 2014
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
I've tried to buy different brands of binoculars since wearing out my originals, without spending a fortune. What I found was there are a lot of cheaply made binoculars (even brand names) out there. The optics are what count, and these are perfect... no glare or discolor at all. If you really want to see something, 7x35's are the way to go (we're boaters). These are balanced, rubber-coated, good eyecups. Highly recommended. At last!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift the recipient loved!, August 11, 2013
This review is from: Olympus Trooper 7x35 DPS 1 Binoculars (Electronics)
This was a gift to a 72 year old Olympus fanatic. He lives 1500 miles away from me. I was not there when he opened it, nor when he adjusted them for his vision, but he let me know they were the best binocs he had ever used.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›