Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 20, 2012
This camera's photos are 3 megabytes on the default setting, which means they are very clear but to post them on Facebook you have to re-size them. My first attempts at re-sizing produced fuzzy photos but I finally figured out how to re-size easily - open the photo with Paint, and resize down to 1200 x 800. Once I figured that out, the photos I put on Facebook were much sharper. I experimented a lot taking pictures in every type of light and found that using the Automatic settings seems to work best in 95% of situations. However, for taking photos of flowers close up, I use Program, Super Macro and they are truly superb. I have no complaints. Now, I paid less than $80 for this camera, and I'm sure a better camera would take better photos. BUT, I have to say that it is really perfectly adequate for my needs. Just be sure and read the manual because there are settings you can use for the beach, snow, night time, moving objects, low light, etc. and you'll get more out of the camera if you are familiar with the different settings.
22 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2012
I was replacing an old Kodak Easyshare, so at $80, this camera seemed like a steal. It's easy to setup, offers 720HD video with sound (and it's good quality), but it can't take a night picture (such as a cityscape) to save it's life. I've tried every setting in both manual and automatic modes, and you have to take 5 or 6 photo's to possibly get 1 good one that is clear. For photo's in light, no problem! The image in your nice size LCD for night photo's is the one I desire, but never the one I get. Battery life is very good, including when you use video. The video feature is easy to use, BUT, you must zoom in or out BEFORE you start the video recording. Once recording, you cannot zoom. It is a great deal, but if I had to do it all over again I would make sure the camera could take night pictures, and that the video featured zoom while recording. Again, great deal, easy to use, but 1 or 2 major flaws. Simply because of the inability to take a good night shot, I would not recommend to a friend to get one.
44 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2012
I lost my DSLR on vacation and needed a fast cheap replacement. Supercompacts are usually not performing well, especially those with high megapixel count. But after using $1500 DSLR I must admit that output photos from this camera are not bad at all. It's good in it's automatics and is able to produce nice looking colorful and well-lit photos with just press of a button. But pay attention - it's weakness is indoor photos and this camera works fine on daylight only.
VINE VOICEon October 31, 2012
I am very happy with this point and shoot digital camera. The MAIN reason I picked this camera over many other possibles was this camera's ability for Macro photography using a point and shoot. It also has a great wide angle capable lens, a fast deployment when the power button is pushed, great colors on photos, and easty to use controls! The rechargable battery is saving me a ton of money on the throw away lithium batteries in my old pt. and shoot camera (at $12 per 4 batts.). This new Olympus camera uses 4gig memory chips and I typically have set the picture size lower end of the scale for most of my work. Very much endorse this camera as a great pt. and shoot for the vacation, home, business.
on October 12, 2012
I think you definitely get more than what you pay for. Great camera.. very mobile, can just fit about anywhere. Picture and video quality are great. As far as shipping goes, got it earlier then expected. All around good camera.
on January 10, 2013
First of all I would rate this camera probably as 4 1/2 stars at this time. I've just started to set it up and use it so can't really evaluate it fully.

This camera is similar to others in it's class. It seems a bit flimsy, but that is probably because I'm used to the old type of camera. If you read the manual it will seem like this camera is complicated to use, but it really isn't. You can set it to just work automatically if you want. If you like to fiddle with settings you can do this too.

What made me get this camera over another similar one is that you can charge the battery, using an AC adapter supplied) with a supplied USB cable, without having to remove the battery from the camera. With the other camera you had to remove the battery to recharge it this way. You can also recharge the battery by connecting it to your computer with the USB cable, but this takes much longer.

A few suggestions:

1. Before purchasing or receiving the camera I would download the manual from the Olympus Website. It gives you an idea of what it is like. Also, the camera comes with a "quick start" guide which is a bit hard to read.

2. This camera needs a media card which is not supplied. When you buy the camera from Amazon it suggests you purchase a media card at the same time and this I would urge you to do. It needs a certain type so you can check that with manual you downloaded. Amazon does show the correct card. I purchased one that is a 16GB SDHC Transcend Flash Memory Card.

3. Amazon also suggests that you buy a case and this is also listed with the camera. I bought the case that was listed. The case is good because it will protect the viewing screen on back of the camera. By buying all three at once you save the shipping charge on the less expensive items.

4. The camera comes with a CD-Rom. You don't need it for the drivers as your computer will get the drivers when you plug into it with the USB cable. It does supply two programs to manage your pictures. I did install these, but they are not needed if you have other image editing software. The camera shows as a disc on your computer and you can just drop and drag the images to your own custom folder and go from there. I did install the programs mentioned, but have not used them yet. You can always install them and remove them later.

5. The most useful feature of the CD-Rom is that you can use it to register your camera online.

6. The CD also will download a full manual which is the same as the one downloaded from the Olympus website.

7. The camera is about the size of a playing card and not very thick so it is easy to carry around. The buttons are small, but it is no problem to use them.

8. In summary I'm pretty sure I will like this camera as I get used to it. I will help if you have a dog who likes her picture taken when taking pictures of her. Mine doesn't, but the camera also works as a video camera, so you might be able to catch them that way. No problem if your dog or cat will stay still.
on October 16, 2012
I enjoy this nice little camera. The controls are easy to use and the picture quality is great. I enjoy the video quality as well. It was worth the price and I haven't came across any malfunctions.
on July 2, 2012
I always buy olympus and this new model does not disappoint! Love how user friendly it is, and it is even easier to hit record on this one. I would highly recommend. The one time I decided to try another brand it broke on me after only 2 months, so I will be sticking with Olympus and watching for the next model!
on July 12, 2012
I purchased this camera to replace an Olympus that I loved using and had lived a very long life. This camera is a great little camera and takes wonderful shots. I love it and the color is awesome.
on July 18, 2013
This camera has issues up the wazoo with exposure, lighting, white balance but I'm telling you it is an amazing little compact camera. It spent some TWO hours in the bottom of my water filled swamp cooler and after a couple hours of drying and defogging of the lens with my hair dryer it STILL WORKS!