Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.99 shipping
3-Year Office Product Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Delivered by e-mail, register and file claims online or by phone
- Surge protection starts when your product ships; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- No deductible, replacement via Amazon gift card reimbursement for valid claims
- Free return shipping, replacement gift card issued immediately after product is scanned at your local UPS
- Fully transferable with gifts, cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
Olympus VN-5000 Digital Voice Recorder (141985) (Silver)
|Price:||$92.49 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Professional-grade digital voice recorder
- Records over 300 hours of audio; HQ, SP, and LP recording modes
- Voice activated and timer recording modes for versatility
- Easy to read LCD display
- Powered by two AAA batteries; 25 hour battery life
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
I'm not a technie or a teenager. So navigating digital equipment isn't organic to me. I need instructions. The more cookbook-like, the better. Before I bought this model, I considered purchasing a similarly priced Sony model because after all I had a number of other Sony products in my audio visual stable. But, eek, reviews of Sony's murky instructions scared me off. The Olympus instructions sheet isn't the best--pictures instead of words. But when I got stuck, I called the Olympus toll-free line, and got through right away to a friendly customer service rep, who easily resolved my issue.
One nit: The "Hold" button is really the on/off switch. I'm not sure why Olympus doesn't call it like it is.
And a caveat: You can't transfer recordings from this DVR directly into a computer. You'll have a pay more to get this feature.
WHY BUY SUCH A THING:
1. if you have watched THE SIXTH SENSE, you should have remembered that Dr.
Malcolm Crowe used such a device to record down any thoughts he had after he met
his patients. IMHO, since most of my inventive ideas pop into my mind when it's most
inconvenient for me to take notes of such fleeting thoughts, a recorder is by
far the best device for taking them down. Even if most cellphones nowadays have some
functionality similar to a recorder, their performance and usability are much
2. David Allen's masterpiece about time management, Getting things done, also
recommends various kinds of in-boxes to store all the internal commitments you
may have anytime and anywhere, and a recorder is much easier to carry with you
than paper and pen and to use in various places out of office.
+++ VCVA: this is a killing feature! it will only be recording when there is
sound louder than the threshold you set, so all silences in lectures, meetings
and dictations when you are thinking will not appear in the recordings! REALLY
+ can be a good toy for children; help them musing over various sounds in Nature
++ amazing battery life: though I didn't use it intensively, that the included
batteries still being indicated as 'FULL' after 4 month of using, is extremely
++ easy management of recordings: there is A, B, C, D, 4 folders for storing
different kinds of notes, and I found this very useful.Read more ›
This is my first and voice recorder and it seems to address most of my issues back then. The Olympus VN-5000 DVR's notable features include:
- no moving parts other than the several buttons
- long battery life
- no physical recording media needed other than its own physical memory
- moderately easy to learn controls
- 3 level of recording quality and, depending in the quality selected
- 20, 50 or 300 hours of recording time
- voice activated recording
- variable playback speed
- date/time stamps on files
- some rudimentary file management (4 preset folders, files can be moved between folders)
- etc., etc.
Overall, this model is a trade off between low price/simplicity and features/flexibility in favor of low price and simplicity. Being my fist DVR, I happen to like it this way but the more sophisticated or the more demanding users may not not appreciate its awkward file management and the fact that, at least in theory, it's impossible to get the files out of the device, into some other form of storage (but it can be done - see note below).
I am very pleased with this device. Between 4 and 5 stars, I decided on 4 because this inexpensive, 'entry level' gadget, while making recording easy, is not as good at managing and retrieving the information once recorded, especially when one stores many files.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This recorder did the job. I used it for my classes in my Masters degree program. I wish it had more memory, but it got me through each class beautifully and I was able to take... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Kristina Lengyel
Product arrived in original box, no visible wear and tear, in perfect condition.Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
I paid $22.95 for this recorder in 2011. I cannot see how it can now be priced at almost $90.00.
I love this tape recorder. I use it several times every day. Read more
This paired with the telephone pick up is the main reason I won my court case a $15.00 investment for both items won over $6,000 in my court case
Very simple to use and nice... Read more
I originally bought this to record class lectures for school but never needed it. I only used it to record a few things. It always record my voice clearly. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Kimberley G.