Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

on July 14, 2014
I used to have a Nikon L100. Total p of s! Lasted a about 1 year. I had never bought from Nikon before, I won't ever again. So I'd been looking for a replacement that was smaller, slimmer, took great pictures, 1080p video, and a powerful zoom. That seemed to be too much to ask because I'd been looking for at least a year until I saw this Olympus camera for 50 bucks (open box). I was in a rush. I threw it into my cart without even checking the specs (except the zoom) and this is exactly what I was looking for.

Sturdiness: maybe not military grade, but I wouldn't want to get hit on the head with it: 9/10

Thickness: not the thinnest, but the thinnest are too thin for my taste - 9/10

Optical Sensor Resolution: 16 MP - 10/10

LCD display: large (3" diag), adjustable brightness (max very bright), great colors, high-resolution, fixed (use a small mirror!) - 10/10

Optical zoom: 12.5x (300 mm)!, ultra rare for a compact camera, super fast - 10/10

Minimum focal length: 24 mm, also ultra rare, and not just on compact cameras - 10/10

On-screen controls (on the side of the display, doesn't obstruct the shot), see the effects as you tweak, fast - 10/10

Manual controls (optional): white balance, ISO, aperture (+/- 2 EV in 1/3 steps), flash/no flash: 10/10

Auto-focus: 3 very smart modes, ultra fast and accurate - 10/10

Video capture: High-Definition, 720p @ 30 fps. 1080p would have been sweet, 4K even better, but come on... No zooming while videotaping - 8/10

2 macro levels: normal and super - 10/10

"Magic Art" filters: I prefer doing this in photoshop, but you don't always have the option, so it's a nice little add-on. The filters are cool (like the full "fish-eye" lens effect, or panorama), they are adjustable, and there's quite a few of them. - 10/10

Battery: Lithium. No more heavy AA's or AAA's that die after 30 pictures! - 10/10

Memory cards supported: SD, SDHC, SDXC and Eye-Fi so no micro-SD which means more GB's for your bucks.

Wifi enabled: No :-( BUT, use an Eye-Fi card which is basically an SD memory card with a Wifi adapter, and you can connect your camera wirelessly to the internet! - 10/10

Charger: USB, with A/C outlet adapter (both included) - 10/10

Price: $80 New. I think it's worth twice its price - 10/10

Ooops, I almost forgot: takes beautiful crisp vibrant pictures, even in less than perfect situations (like nighttime) - 9/10

There's more to it but if you're not sold by now, you're in the wrong department. You will not find a better digital camera at this price.
on December 25, 2013
I was looking for a camera I could use for birthdays and kids programs and things like that since a cell phone camera is convenient but not always the best quality. After looking at many compact cameras I decided on this one because it had all of the features I wanted and was at a very reasonable price point.

This camera has all of the features you would expect including lots of different automatic pre-defined settings and a ton of manual settings you can configure. It takes great pictures and is exactly what I was looking for.

The reason I am only giving it 4 stars is that it does have a fairly slow shutter response time for the first picture it takes and if you are tying to capture a fast moving subject like a baby that is constantly on the move then you may miss shots that other cameras with faster response times would catch. Once it is focused on a subject and you have taken one shot there is a shorter delay and it becomes less of an issue on second or third shots of the same subject. This initial delay is only a minimal issue for me but for some may be a deal breaker.

The bottom line is this is a great camera with awesome features and the only drawback I have found so far is the slow initial shot shutter response.
on January 7, 2014
FIrst or all, I purchased this camera for $79. during the cyber monday sells. The pictures look good, quality of the picutures are about a 7.5 out of a ten. The vr-370 is light, medium compact. You can put it your pocket,if your not wearing tight jeans. video is good (720p) if the subject is not moving at a high rate of speed. Has A rechargeable battery. Easy to use. For a $79 point and shoot camera, its great. down side- video isnt great at night and the flash takes a few seconds to recharge.
on January 7, 2014
I looked at the many true "entry level" cameras and compared the reviews. I was put off by the regularity of reported problems right out of the box, especially since this item was intended as a gift. I raised my sights slightly to the Olympus VR-370 and after receiving the camera I am glad that I did. I wish the information on cameras included the fact that none come with a memory card. I figured this out from other posted reviews. Overall, I am pleased with the quality and performance of the camera. I also found some accessories for it on Amazon at a much better value than ordering from the manufacturer.
on January 19, 2014
I have an Olympus Pen - but the flash is crazy expensive; I also have a Canon Digital Rebel XT - too big for the pictures we take while having a birthday dinner, for example. This camera is just right; it gives me a lot of control (I might uses 4 of the scene settings, max) and had a flash, and gave me the general quality images to which I was used to with my other cameras. It's a little slow recharging the flash between shots, but if you're not shooting in machine-gun style it's not a problem. For the price, I think that I could not have done any better.
on October 24, 2013
The settings for this camera include Magic, Panorama, Beauty, Scene Mode. Then the special effects are: Pop Art, Pin Hole, Fish Eye, Drawing, Soft Focus, Punk, Sparkle, Watercolor, Reflection, Miniature. You can turn the flash off and control the exposure with numerous light mode settings. Has Macro and Zoom lens as well. Great videos as well. Best camera I ever bought.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2013
I use the camera almost daily for work and am very pleased with it. Easy to focus, wide angle lens and is just what I needed for real estate photos.
on June 14, 2013
Wife loves this camera and all of the available options that this camera comes with. Already has taken many photos with it.
on February 2, 2014
I had to return the camera to Olympus for repair when the zoom didn't work on the 1st day I tried it. They fixed it and returned it in 3 weeks. It works great now. I love the 12 power zoom and the picture quality is great. The menu works very well and is intuitive. Has lots of features that I haven't tried yet. So far I love it and the price is right.
on May 29, 2014
I really liked the wide angle lens on this camera and it has come in handy several times in museums, at work, and in general. Some of the special effects (sepia, line art, and panorama) are pretty cool, too. But after only 3 months, I turned it on, the lens extended and it shut off. End of story. It's been sent back to the factory for a warranty repair or replacement. If I think of it, I'll update this review once I hear back from Olympus. This is my first Olympus digital camera (others were Nikons, a Sony, and Canons) so I have to say I'm not super impressed and worry that this same sort of defect will manifest itself again once it is out of warranty, in which case I'll have a shiny red paperweight.