Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 1 CountChange

VINE VOICEon February 21, 2010
The slide adjustment on this wrist strap gives you a more secure feeling - especially with a very small compact camera. It comes with a plastic strap cover that I didn't like and removed. Well worth the price.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 26, 2010
The only part that seems water-ready is the blue plastic tube on the starp but this blue plastic tube gets in the way of adjusting the strap.
22 comments68 of 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
I have always preferred a "cinch" or adjustable type wrist strap on my camera. The typical strap supplied with cameras these days is just a loop with no means of tightening up the strap around your wrist. I travel a lot and just feel much more comfortable hanging over the side of a ship or a church steeple in Europe with my camera secure around my wrist.

Thankfully Olympus makes this strap available as a stand alone product. There was a previous version on Amazon I have purchased in the past but seems to be discontinued now. Thankfully this model is available, for now. I had no use for the "water-ready" part of the strap. It is simply rubber tubing around the strap. I found it to be uncomfortable and simply cut it away with some small scissors. Once this was removed the strap is substantial yet very comfortable.

I received my first one of this style today and promptly ordered a couple more as back ups. At the current Amazon price get them while you can!
on May 13, 2010
It is more comfortable and doesn't chafe. Better constructed than the factory strap. Resistant to moisture and sweat. I highly recommend this accessory. It adds little bulk to your point and shoot camera.
VINE VOICEon June 28, 2011
I needed a new wrist strap for my camera, that had an adjustable strap. My new camera just had a regular floppy one that could fall off easily and i feel much better when i have an adjustable strap that fits snug. This one came with this plastic tubing on the part where your wrist would go one you've pulled the strap closed and it felt really weird and awkward so i cut it off and now i love it. The plastic thing prevents it from fitting nice and comfortable and the adjustable pull does not slip a bit which is great. Really love this purchase after i made that one adjustment.
on December 25, 2013
Reading previous reviews for this strap led me to believe that this might be a good product. However, I found it to be poorly-constructed of shoddy materials and in no way to be trusted to secure any camera to one's wrist. Perhaps I got a knock-off, but if that's true, so could everyone in line behind me.
on August 31, 2010
Great accessory. I replaced the original strap on my camera and never regretted it.
It is fast and easy to use. The "noose" adjusts to securely attach to my wrist and holds the camera comfortably and securely.
The length of the strap is long enough for free, unrestricted movement, yet not excessive. Great and inexpensive.
on September 4, 2012
This strap is almost there. There is one small problem though: The adjustable slider does not lock in place!!!!!! Are you kidding me? It will work itself loose as you swim with it. It looks like it is tough to find one that will actually lock. Why is this such a hard thing to find? The wrist strap that came with my older Panasonic DMC-TS2 was perfect and locked. The new ones don't have that any more.

There is a locking strap that is made for the K-sun label printer but I have no idea how sturdy it would be for underwater camera use. There is also the Op/Tech Gotcha velcro wrist strap which looks like it is the way to go. If none of those work, it looks like I may have to go the route of those annoying floatation straps.
on October 13, 2010
There isn't much more to say that hasn't been covered in the other reviews here. I needed a wrist strap for my Sigma DP1s camera, since the one that came with it is a neck strap and that is overkill on this small camera. When shopping for a wrist strap, I agree it MUST be adjustable, so after slipping it on my wrist, it can be tightened. This one does that.

The only negative I have (hence the 4 stars) is that the blue material on the strap is not a soft foam rubber -- like I thought it would be from the product photos. It is silicone, and it is there I guess to "grip" your wrist. However, I found it to be very uncomfortable and rigid. Simple enough to fix, just cut the blue silicone material off, it is just a tube around the outside of the black strap.
on April 18, 2014
There isn't anything wrong with this strap, but I don't think it's really necessary. It's just a wrist strap with a slider on it. You could just as easily put a slide lock on your camera's stock strap and get the same effect. I find the strap to be too long and the plastic sleeve is kind of annoying. It also makes it harder for the camera to fit into a compact case. Maybe it's just me but this strap just feels like a wast of time and money, even at this price.