Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 26, 2010
The only part that seems water-ready is the blue plastic tube on the starp but this blue plastic tube gets in the way of adjusting the strap.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2010
The slide adjustment on this wrist strap gives you a more secure feeling - especially with a very small compact camera. It comes with a plastic strap cover that I didn't like and removed. Well worth the price.
on February 2, 2011
I have always preferred a "cinch" or adjustable type wrist strap on my camera. The typical strap supplied with cameras these days is just a loop with no means of tightening up the strap around your wrist. I travel a lot and just feel much more comfortable hanging over the side of a ship or a church steeple in Europe with my camera secure around my wrist.

Thankfully Olympus makes this strap available as a stand alone product. There was a previous version on Amazon I have purchased in the past but seems to be discontinued now. Thankfully this model is available, for now. I had no use for the "water-ready" part of the strap. It is simply rubber tubing around the strap. I found it to be uncomfortable and simply cut it away with some small scissors. Once this was removed the strap is substantial yet very comfortable.

I received my first one of this style today and promptly ordered a couple more as back ups. At the current Amazon price get them while you can!
VINE VOICEon June 28, 2011
I needed a new wrist strap for my camera, that had an adjustable strap. My new camera just had a regular floppy one that could fall off easily and i feel much better when i have an adjustable strap that fits snug. This one came with this plastic tubing on the part where your wrist would go one you've pulled the strap closed and it felt really weird and awkward so i cut it off and now i love it. The plastic thing prevents it from fitting nice and comfortable and the adjustable pull does not slip a bit which is great. Really love this purchase after i made that one adjustment.
on May 13, 2010
It is more comfortable and doesn't chafe. Better constructed than the factory strap. Resistant to moisture and sweat. I highly recommend this accessory. It adds little bulk to your point and shoot camera.
on January 2, 2015
This strap wont secure your gear. See that little black slider that adjusts how big the loop it? It doesn't secure in one spot. So you put the gear on your wrist and the slider easily moves making it very easy for your device to come off your wrist. Terrible design.
on June 19, 2016
Normally for camera cords, I'm typically worried the smaller string is not up to quality, but on this strap it doesn't look like it'll break off any time soon. However, the blue tubing may be too long for certain people with smaller wrists, so it might need to carefully cut using a knife/razor blade to better suit people's wrists so the adjustable toggle can actually serve it's purpose

Another perk is there's no Olympus branding on it, so it won't look tacky on my Sony camera.
on May 13, 2014
Unlike the strap that was included with my new camera, this one adjusts and closes in on your wrist making it much more secure for anyone to use it, including my kid. The feel of the material is great and the look and size is perfect.

I must say that I did not buy this with the intention to use it underwater ever, so I cut the blue plastic tube away (very easy to do). It did had an awkward fit and it did not adjust as well with it. So take that into consideration if buying for intended use.

Since it is very cheap, it is a no-brainer investment. It looks better than my Sony-supplied wrist strap, and is an easy way to add protection for your camera, preventing drops. Highly recommended
on April 18, 2014
There isn't anything wrong with this strap, but I don't think it's really necessary. It's just a wrist strap with a slider on it. You could just as easily put a slide lock on your camera's stock strap and get the same effect. I find the strap to be too long and the plastic sleeve is kind of annoying. It also makes it harder for the camera to fit into a compact case. Maybe it's just me but this strap just feels like a wast of time and money, even at this price.
on September 15, 2013
I never use the strap that might come with a camera. They usually are worthless and weak, and worse, advertise a camera with no benefit to me. A "NIKON" or "CANON" strap makes you stand out in a crowd, which I never want to do. I leave new camera straps wrapped up in their boxes for eventual resale.

What you need to know about camera straps is the proper type to choose depending on the camera attachment provided. The string attachment strap (like this one) is ideal for Slotted lugs, rods, and posts. Lug mounts should be attached with metal split rings as they will need more strength. And tripod mounts only take tripod attachments.

Not many technical aspects to this one. This small strap can be used on any camera really, not just waterproof ones. There are no Olympus logos anywhere on the product, just the packaging. The Rubber tubing can be cut using wire cutters and precision scissors to allow the adjuster to fit smaller wrists. Straps are normally not necessary for pocket cameras, but if you're looking for one, or are used to having one, this one will not break the bank...