5.0 out of 5 stars "Om" for the toolbox
In my practice of meditation I'm grateful for tools that deepen my practice. This CD
Published on December 15, 2010 by catcone

3.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with purchase
This guy in the CD is probably the real thing, but to me it sounds very crude. I was looking for something more polished with such good reviews. I found it at the public library. When I become an expert at meditation, I will probably eat my words.
Published 7 months ago by kstars

5.0 out of 5 stars "Om" for the toolbox, December 15, 2010
This review is from: Om Unplugged: A Step by Step Guided Meditation for Awakening & Self Realization (Audio CD)
provided the most beautiful, subtle energy of gentle guidance. The teacher leads with such clarity of guidance through the chakras and chant that I found it totally uplifting. It transported me on to a calm peaceful inner attunement. I highly recommend for any toolbox, as it will be one that I refer to over and over gain. This teaching of "Om" was distilled through a beautiful blend of intuition and grace. I'm so grateful to have it in my library!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, November 30, 2010
I have been practicing yoga for the past 9 years as a way to escape the stress of my job. I have read countless books on yoga as well as many audio CDs. Despite my familiarity with yoga, I have never encountered an audio guide quite like this one. Not many people are capable of so clearly and passionately guiding one through proper meditation. Victor Demko is one of the best teachers of yoga I have encountered. As a longtime practitioner of Om chanting and yoga in general, I have had many bad experiences with this sort of product. I have wasted countless dollars in trying to relieve my stress through yoga but have found few resources that are accessible enough for me to use.

I wholeheartedly recommend this yoga guide to anyone who is starting yoga and even longtime practitioners like myself. I have recommended this CD to my work colleagues and have heard great things from them already. If you need to relax and ease your stress, I highly recommend this CD. A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Joining in the praise for "Om Unplugged", December 15, 2010
I'd like to join in the heartfelt praise for Viktor Demko's "Om Unplugged" This beautifully structured guided meditation shines true to the light of my own spirit of guidance. No new agey mumbo-jumbo or claims of instant nirvana here.

Victor draws from his own experience with a master yogi to clearly explain and lyrically demonstrate the constituent physical sounds in the mantra. More than the physical, he also shares through clear example and thoughtful imagery the pyscho-spiritual dimensions of the Om practice giving the listener a gentle and consistent opportunity to practice and integrate the teachings.

As a Sufi initiator, it is my practice to recognize that everyone has qualities of a spiritual teacher as well as a spiritual seeker. Listening deeply to Victor's meditation, I find it so gratifying to know some of Victor's essence as well as that of the universal Om practice is so insightfully transmitted in this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide, December 1, 2010
I have been practicing yoga for 5 years, and meditating for over 8 years. I recommend this CD very highly. It will be beneficial for practitioners of all levels. It is a very clear and thorough guide to the practice of yoga and meditation, and to connect oneself to the divine essence. Very transcendental and intuitive.This audio guides one through the different chakras, and teaches one how to utilize them to the best of one's ability. You will discover a profound sense of self through this chanting and meditation.

Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Om Meditation Decoded... Awesome Awesome, November 29, 2010
Science Of Wealth (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I have studied different disciplines of Yoga and other such guided meditation for over 15 years but I have never been able to really meditate effectively using "Om Chanting".

If you are like me and have ever struggled to understand how to meditate effectively through elusive Om chanting this CD is your answer... Not only will you easily gain a profound understanding of the essence and power behind Om chanting but it is presented in an easy to digest guided format that really brings you to deeper states of meditation... Even the Novice or those new to any form of meditation will be able to gain an immense value from Mr. Demko's step-by-step guided meditation CD.

I can't say enough about this CD. Thank You Mr. Demko

4.0 out of 5 stars Power of OM, December 6, 2010
"The syllable "OM" is the sonic seed of all creation and chanting it correctly can support the awakening of your inner Source. On this CD, Victor Demko provides easy-to-understand support for chanting OM effectively. His recording offers the listener unpretentious and personable guidance in the form of step-by-step instruction which can support even a beginning meditator. While not as slick a production as some other recordings on the market, this is truly a solid and beneficial addition to the audio library of anyone who is interested in pursuing inner harmony, relaxation and personal growth."

Evelyn Rysdyk

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Meditation CD On The Market, Period, December 2, 2010
This is one of the best meditation and learning cd's i have ever seen. I"ve literally gone through tons of them, but this is just a step ahead of the curve. The author, Victor, definitely knows what he is talking about ,and is very knowledgeable throughout the CD. So far, I have bought one for myself, and a few for my friends that I know would enjoy it, and they all love the CD as well. Highly recommended for those who wish to truly be guided to unique self realization principles and practices that i'm sure will be with my for the rest of my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Opening to Om, December 2, 2010
Victor Demko's "Om Unplugged" is a no-nonsense and practical guide to working with the most sacred "unstruck" sound of all. Refreshingly, this straightforward recording is absent of any background music, nature sounds, or sound effects so typical of similar guided meditations CD's as these do little to calm and much to distract. Sprinkled throughout, Mr. Demko offers relevant gem-like contemplations on the great value of establishing a regular mediation practice and its direct connection to expanding consciousness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Om for the Home and Beyond, December 28, 2010
Robert Johnson (Oak Park, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This excellent recording brings the beginning or experienced meditation practitioner to new levels of being and understanding. In very three simple steps, Om is made accessible to anyone, by including tips on the production of sound, posture, and use of breath among others. While this practice can be very expansive, Victor reminds us to keep our feet grounded and to bring this into our lives, into our daily walks and while we are with others. Wonderful CD that can be revisited many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars I experienced a beautiful spiritual tingling sensation, December 21, 2010
I have prayed and meditated my whole life. However, I had never used Om before, nor did I understand it.

While listening, practicing and meditating during the CD, I not only learned about Om,
but I also experienced - numerous times - a beautiful spiritual tingling sensation throughout my being.

I highly recommend this meditation guide to everyone, youth and adult alike. It is never too late to learn.

I believe everyone needs to have balance in our physical and spiritual life.

Rate and Discover Movies