5.0 out of 5 stars A quality brush at a great price
Published on July 31, 2009 by D. Henson

2.0 out of 5 stars bristles great handle terrible
let me first say at first I was thrilled with this brush i agreed with all the other reviews. Lathers great comfortable etc. After a month though of vary meticulous care the plastic handle cracked. I live in southern us in a extremely humid hot environment. I don't think this would occur in milder weather but something to consider for this type of environment. I will...
Published on July 1, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A quality brush at a great price, July 31, 2009
This review is from: Omega 13109 Creamy Curved Handle Pure Badger Shaving Brush (Health and Beauty)
Buy this brush! It is a great value and will give you years of service. This brush is made in Italy and is made from 100% badger hair with a plastic handle. I read one review that complained that it was cheap looking because it has a plastic handle. What that reviewer is not taking into account is that wood handles often crack and break, and stone ones are heavy to hold. I collect brushes and can tell you that a plastic handle is great and holds up to years of use. Many shops charge twice the price for this very brush, so this is a great deal. Badger is a superior material because unlike boar it is finer and holds more volume of soap. The grip on the handle is comfortable the bristles are strong and will put up with repeated use. When using never mash the brush into soap, but use even gentle pressure. Like any brush be sure to rinse out after each use and hang to dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid brush, February 8, 2008
I bought this for my husband and he's been using it for the past month. He said it's a little pricklier than his old brush, but will likely soften with time. The problem is that there are lots of short bristles around the front, and I think those are the more prickly ones. His old brush has bristles that were all the same length.
But the handle is nice and solid, and he likes it enough to keep using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bang for the Buck, April 5, 2008
This brush though a bit prickly in the begining, quickly has become much better to the touch. Water drains out of it very quickly and does a great job of working up a lather for your face. The only improvement I would ask for is a wooden handle instead of the plastic one, which makes the brush seem cheap when it is really a very nice one, actually a great one for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product--Still Two Years Later, January 19, 2010
M. McGaha "Shillelagh73" (Thomaston, GA United States) - See all my reviews
It has now been two years since I posted the review below, and I still say this is an awesome shaving brush. This my beginner's brush, yet I do not feel compelled at all to "upgrade" to a best badger, super badger, or silvertip, although that seems to be the usual progression from what I've read. Maybe I'll just add another brush to the rotation to give the Creamy a break every now and then. Simply put, this brush just gets better with age and use. The bristles seem to soften over time and it holds water and lathers well with both cream and soap. I have been shopping around for brushes to give as gifts to others, now that I have a better idea of what to look for, and if size matters (snicker), then you're not likely to find a brush of this size and quality for the money. Most brushes of this size and grade cost twice as much, even on Amazon. I LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!

If you're interested, below was my initial review from two years ago:

I am very pleased with this brush. I'd read in several places that a badger hair brush was the way to go for the best shave, and I was looking for something (relatively) inexpensive, but good quality to start out my wet-shaving journey, since I also bought a safety razor and a new mug. I have been using an old (30-40 yr old?) boar bristle brush for years. It was my grandfather's brush and I just wanted to retire it for posterity's sake. I really wasn't looking for any major difference, since the boar bristles have had many years to break in. When I first compared the two brushes dry, there didn't seem to be much difference and I had wondered if I'd wasted my money. However, when I first lathered up with the Omega Creamy brush, there was an obvious and profound difference. The badger bristles were soft and massaging and I could feel the lather working into my pores instead of just decorating the surface. I could tell that I wasn't going to just have to toughen up and endure the slight prickliness of boar bristles as I had grown accustomed. It was well worth the investment and I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment with this brush as it appears and feels well-made. It's a good-looking brush, too, and feels good in the hand. Buy o shavingne. You'll thank yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality brush, June 29, 2011
Changing from shaving gel to the soap/brush combo was an eye-opener for me. Greatly reduced razor burn and a smoother shave followed quickly after my purchase of this product (and soap). This brush has served me well for quite some time, and builds and holds good lather.

The only negative is that its included stand is nowhere near the quality of the brush...so if you want a good stand, you'll have to purchase one separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had no idea what I was missing, June 21, 2011
I got into wetshaving about 2 and a half years ago. I'm a bit stingy when it comes to my shaving equipment, so spending $50+ for a brush seemed a bit out of the question. I had bought the Tweezerman Men's Shaving Brush on Amazon and had been using that until about a month ago when I got this. The Tweezerman brush is a fine brush for starting on, but if you are looking to start wetshaving and need a brush, I highly recommend you spend the extra 15-20 bucks for this brush. The bristles are longer and the brush can hold more soap. I get a much foamier soap and my skin handles the shave quite a bit better. I know that the bristles aren't quite as high of quality as some of the higher end brushes, but for under $30 this is a great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars my husband shaves now!, September 2, 2009
My husband really likes the Omega shaving brush. He's been using it for several months and no complaints. It holds it's shape,stays firm without being hard. Drys quickly. Hubby started using
a shaving brush and soap a few years ago and found he got a closer shave and no burn. The omega brush is the first I've bought online and would deff. recommend the brush and store. Received
my order within 2 days and the store was quick to respond. I would buy this item again and also revisit this store for other beauty needs. lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Badger Hair Brush is better., February 12, 2009
I decided to try the Omega Pure Badger Shaving Brush and see if it made
a difference from the boar hair brush. It made a difference. More foam
and very soft. I also read you can lay the brush on its side after you
rinse it with water and do not need a brush hanger. It is working for me too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush = Great Lather, September 17, 2008
This is a terrific shaving brush for the price. Makes for a nice lather and holds water and heat extremely well. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars total satisfaction, November 27, 2007
This is the best and resonably priced shaving brush I have had in over 50 years.

Rate and Discover Movies