Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Omega Men's 2210.51.00 Seamaster Planet Ocean Automatic Chronometer Chronograph Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 4, 2009
I saw this watch in a display case at an authorized dealer for first time earlier this year and was drawn to it instantly! I've always been drawn to diving watches and chronographs. As such, I own a Rolex Submariner and an Omega Speedmaster Professional--both classic watches. The Submariner has an impressive depth rating (300 meters) and the famous "cyclops" date display. The Speedmaster has the chronograph function but no date and needs to be manually wound. It is rated to 100 meters. I've always wanted to acquire a watch that combined them both. The older Seamaster Professional Chronograph, with its 300 meter rating, came close, but I've never took to the styling of the watch nor the bracelet on it. I like the styling of the Rolex Daytona, but it does not have the sufficient depth rating for my liking (only 100m), and the chronograph pushers have to be screwed down for underwater activities. Furthermore, it has no date display. Then came this new Seamaster Planet Ocean Chronograph that combines all that I've ever wanted in a sports watch: a diver with 600 meter rating, a chronograph with pushers that do not have to be locked down for diving, an automatic (i.e., self-winding) with a date display. On top of all this, a beautifully finished watch with impeccable styling and a thick, sturdy, understated bracelet (so much better than any Rolex bracelets, including the recently redesigned ones).

Did I buy it? Yes, soon thereafter, from the authorized dealer, rather than from Amazon, at a higher price for the three-year warranty and my peace of mind of its authenticity. Having worn it every day for several months now, I've been impressed with its accuracy: the new co-axial movement of the new Seamaster appears to give it a better accuracy than all other automatic watches I've ever owned: -1 to 1 second per day depending the resting position of the watch at night. The only potential drawbacks to this watch that I want to note is its hefty weight and large size. However, I should also note that the watch works for me despite my relatively thin wrist (7 inches). So, if you have a similar passion, or even obsession, go and check out this watch.
on May 24, 2016
This is a product/experience review for this watch and one of the Onega boutique stores. This isn't a review for this particular retailer.

IMO Omega/Swatch has become a marketing company that happens to sell watches. My Omega Planet Ocean stopped working. It took three attempts for Omega to get it fixed, at lest so far.

The boutique stores try to sell you on the Omega experience and exclusivity of the brand.

My experience was laughable. After returning to have my watch fixed for the third time within a year, I asked again what the problem was? I was told "it was out of spec". I can't help but to chuckle in regards to a watch that has completely stopped working 3 times as being "out of spec". To me there is a huge disconnect between a fine Swiss watch manufacturer, a brand trying to convey an image of exclusivity and a watch that takes three tries to fix because it is "out of spec" or doesn't work.

To make matters worse when I tried to follow up with the regional manager, I was referred back to the "boutique". No phone call or follow up email.

Likewise I tried to contact Omega directly. No contact or customer service information on their website whatsoever. I had to create an account to submit my issue/concern to get precisely no response.

I forgot to mention that between my wife, parents and myself we own ~10 Omega watches. I would have thought that would make me/us a "good customer" and worthy of at least some kind of follow up.

IMO an epic and complete brand fail!

I suggest purchasing another brand outside of the Swatch Group (including movements made by Eta which is also owned be The Swatch Group). My next watch purchase(s) will be from a company that actually stands behind their product and cares about their relationship with the customer.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2013
I have this watch for more than 3 years. It's very attractive and sexy. Extremely accurate for a automatic watch. Sturdy case and great look. I ware it for everything: sports (diving and skydiving), business and social. I got it on sale for $6K. I truly recommend this watch.
on May 30, 2013
I purchased this beautiful watch for my husband birthday a year ago. I loved the shape and thickness. Besides the extraordinary Omega premium quality and precision features I felt in love of its dial. The red numbers and black dial are super elegant and sporty. The black bezel is very classy. My husband loves it and me too!
on February 26, 2012
It's really sad. I love Omega so much but this watch was an utter disappointment. The movement, the Omega 3313, has been hotly debated, but the virus had immediately hit mine. The chronograph, after almost completing a revolution, would stop at 11:59 and halt the whole watch. I could never get it going again. Omega should fix this horrible movement.
on December 30, 2010
I received an Omeag Seamaster Planet Ocean men's watch from my wife for Christmas 2010. She had purchased this watch back in Febrary as it is so expensive. Well, this hunk of metal is nothing but a very expensive paperweight!!!! The seller, Authentic Watches, informed me that this product purchased from them, required refurbishment, and I should remit $450.00 to them! When I mentioned that the watch was not working when I received it, I was told, too bad!!!!
44 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2008
I saw this watch in a national chain on sale, but we saved $1,100 by buying on Amazon - 1) bigger discount 2) no sales tax. First of all a warning about buying from Amazon. If you buy this watch at and Authorized Dealer, the co-axial escapment watches have a 3 year warranty. All other Omegas have a 2 year warranty. Since Amazon is not an authorized dealer, they replace the Omega warranty with their own warranty. However, they only provided a 2 year warranty. So I guess I lost a year of warranty for the $1,100 of savings. Plus - I had to take the watch to shop to have it fitted properly.

On a full wind, it usually stops keeping time after 30 or so hours. (closer to 30) That is pretty dissappointing. Because it is so big, you can't wear it all the time. I have had the watch for a month, and I have had to readjust the time about 10 times.

Also, when I do manage to wind it, it still loses about 4-5 seconds a day. That is over 30 seconds a week, that is 2 minutes a month - I was just very surprised that something so expensive needed so much adjusting. Over the course of year - that is 30 minutes - let's hope I don't get stranded on a desert island!

The Chronograph doesn't allow split times. Once you stop it, then restart it, it doesn't catch up - it just starts where you stopped it. Considering the Chronograph increases the price nearly $1,500 over the exact watch without it - that isn't very good.

Also, it doesn't really explain how you are supposed to keep track of long times. There is the second hand, then a dial that keeps track of 30 minute intervals, then a dial that keeps track of 12 hour intervals. So say you time somthing that is 1:01 minutes and 15 seconds. It is can look like 1:01 or 1:31. It kind of looks like the hour hand moves half a tick - but you would never get that from the instruction manual. So let's just hope I never have to time something over 30 minutes.

Finally, the Operating instructions are horrible. You get 450 page manual. But only 1/10th of that is in English, and the book covers every Omega made, so reading about this particular model requires deciphering a complex coding system. It could have used a 2 page insert on just this watch. Also, the only thing you get that "tells" you about the watch is a little plastic thing with a gold string - again with a complex coding system - given the money - they could have provided a list of all its features.

Having said that, it is pretty. The weight takes some getting use to. I still have to take it off when I type. I wouldn't actually dive with it though.
99 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2009
Only 2 stars for this watch. While i do not own this particular brand, i do own a Planet Ocean 2200.50.00 which has the DOUBLE ANTI GLARE ( anti glare on inside and outside of crystal ). The watch looks great, no complaints about that.

Take note before you buy any of these watches from Omega that have the Double anti glare. THEY SCRATCH EASILY !! Mine scratched after 2 months and Omega will not warranty it. In fact, if you go to their website, they don't even have a customer service number and it states this:

"Due to the considerable interest shown in the OMEGA brand, our staff is answering an unprecedented number of inquiries. Therefore, you should expect a response time of at least four weeks. We thank you for your patience and understanding." ONLY THROUGH EMAIL

I feel that after spending $4000 on a watch, that they should replace it or at least re-imburse the cost. They do not and will not, so you are stuck with a scratched watch.

Save your bucks and get a ROLEX or Tag. Customer service on these Omega's are NILL !
on June 20, 2009
i HAVE HAD THIS WATCH IN THE SMALL LADIES VERSION AND HAVE WORN IT FOR 52 YEARS ON A DAILY BASIS. I AM IN THE HORSE BUSINESS SO I HAVE MY HAND IN WATER,ETC.ALLTHE TIME. IT STILL LOOKS NEW AND I GET MANY COMPLIMATES ON IT. Can"t ask for more than that. Nan