Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear household...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 52% off the $360.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear household Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black
|Price:||$223.65 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$136.35 (38%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Measures 14-1/2 by 6-1/2 by 15-1/2-inch; 10-year warranty.
- Functions as juicer, food processor, pasta extruder, homogenizer, and grinder
- High juice yield; auto pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing; reverse mode
- Dual-stage juicing system; low speed of 80 rpms; no foaming, clogging, or heat build-up
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- VOLTAGE: 110V
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear household Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||15.5 inches x 14.5 inches x 6.5 inches||15.5 inches x 14.5 inches x 6.5 inches||15.5 inches x 14.5 inches x 6.5 inches||15.5 inches x 14.5 inches x 6.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||16.2 pounds||17.6 pounds||17.5 pounds||17.45 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Commercial Masticating Juicer, Chrome and Black
The Omega J8005 Nutrition Center is a masticating style juicer. Sometimes referred to as a low speed juicer, the Nutrition Center processes at 80rpm, whereas most other juicers process at a speed of 1,650 to 15,000rpm. The low speed protects and maintains healthy enzymes, prevents oxidation and allows juice to be stored up to 72 hours without degradation. The dual stage juice processing system extracts the maximum amount of juice from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, even wheatgrass! You can also use the nutrition center to turn nuts into nut butters (an all-natural peanut butter), make baby food from natural, fresh ingredients, whip up soy milk, extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, and mince herbs and garlic. Make delicious and nutritious drinks and snacks that everyone will love. Measuring 7in wide, 15.5in deep and 8.5in tall.
Top Customer Reviews
I got this Omega 8005 juicer because I wanted to be able to juice greens and wheat grass as well as root vegetables. I read on a forum that this new Omega juicer is the best there is for under $400. This Omega juicer is even easier to clean than the ACME, which is a big issue because in the long run you won't use a juicer if its a hassle to clean. And it squeezes all the juice out of anything I put in it. The pulp comes out very dry. It is super quiet too and the ACME was loud.
The Omega runs at a low rpm so it doesn't kill enzymes and stuff like that, so its supposed to make healthier juice than a Champion or centrifugal juicer.
Its a pleasure to use. I make juice every day now. I love getting all the nutrients that I need regularly. It helps my body recover from surfing everyday.
The juicer is very well built and very simple. It seems like it will last a long time and it has a very long warranty.
You can tell that I love this juicer, eh?
Edit: It's now 2009 and I've had this juicer almost five years. I still use it just about every day. I still love it. The juicing screen started to wear out a few months ago. I emailed Omega and they sent me a new one for free. They certainly stand by their 10 year warranty. I am comforted to know that if anything else should happen, I still have five more years of no questions asked replacement.
I started thinking about juicing a couple of years ago. Over time I did a little reading on the internet but never thought passed the idea of juicing more than fruit (I'll get to why this important a little later). The cost was also a little more than scary - I always thought I could find a better way to spend $300 or $400 (the price of the "better" fruit juicers).
I'm not a health nut, but after a short hospital stay I decided I should take better care of myself. About a month ago I finally bought the Omega 8005 Juicer. Why did I choose this model? Review after review extolled its virtues and the closest competitor, the Green Star Juice Extractor, was more expensive.
This is one kitchen appliance that is well worth the expense.
Why Would You Buy This
If you are only concerned with juicing fruit this isn't the best model for you. It isn't so much cost, a good centrifugal juicer will cost about the same, or more. The issue lies in the straining screen. Pulpy fruits like nectarines clog the screen and you have to take the unit apart to clean it before you can continue juicing (I know this from experience). It can be done and in small quantities isn't that big a deal. But if you never plan to juice leafy vegetables or grasses I'd look elsewhere.
If you want to juice leafy vegetables or grasses, then you need something like a gear juicer. The Omega fits the bill and is actually less expensive than some fruit juicers. There is also the issue of heat. Some juicers can heat the vegetables because they juice at high-speeds - thus reducing the nutritional value. Here again the Omega fits the bill because it's gear mechanism turns a low rate and is actually less expensive than many other similar units.Read more ›
1) leafy greens (dill, cilantro, parsley, dandelion, kale, parsnip etc.): extracts lots of dark green juice; leaves very dry pulp. I haven't tested Omega with wheatgrass yet, but given its performance with other similar-texture greens it should do fine.
2) carrots, beets: approximately half of the volume comes out as juice; pulp is pretty dry.
3) berries (strawberries, raspberries etc.): most of the volume is juice, but pulp is rather wet. I had to finish off with carrots to push the soft pulp of the berries through the juicer. It may be a better idea to blend berries rather than juice them.
4) hard green apples, oranges: lots of juice, dry pulp.
5) yellow (softer) apples, grapes: lots of juice, dry pulp, but have to use something hard/fibery at the end (carrots or beets) to push the remaining pulp out.
6) almond butter, walnut butter: these came out somewhat dry/crumbly, not as smooth as peanut butter; had to add oil.
Additional features that I like:
1) very quiet, can't even compare to centrifugal models.
2) masticator rotates slowly, so the juice doesn't get heated, hence less nutrients are supposed to get destroyed.
3) Omega squeezes produce cells instead of crushing them at high speed; this preserves more of the larger molecules (amino acids, vitamins etc.) thus making the juice more nutricious.
4) Omega doesn't produce fine-crushed pulp requiring a fine mesh filter (as is the case with centrifugal models), so it's much easier to wash.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've had this juicer since 2012, it's still holding up nicely with no problems! I don't use it daily and juice when I do but there are a lot of other functions to it. Read morePublished 16 hours ago by Thy Q
I loved this while I used it. Clean up was pretty minimal, but it's a big appliance and I already have a blender. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Violet Zephyr
A bit expensive, but worth it. This monster will extract the juice out of anything.Published 5 days ago by Carl
I love how quiet it is. I hated how the centrifugal ones were so loud... way too loud for 5AM. daily use for a few months now has proven this guy to be exactly what we wanted. Read morePublished 12 days ago by robert
Great Juicer - it came highly recommended from MANY of my serious juicer friendsPublished 17 days ago by Broken O
This thing works very well. Squeezes every drop from the veggies and fruit which allows me to use less.Published 24 days ago by WillyZ
Have had my juicer for 3+ years now and it still works great! We use it for juice, peanut butter, pasta and sorbet. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Miss Discipline
I purchased this juicer this past summer because of the reviews it received for being a masticating juicer that extracts maximum nutrients. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Atlanta Weight Loss & Wellness Associates
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated juicers in our Juicer Reviews.