Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 6, 2012
I never write review for products , but i think i should write this because it will be really helpful .Before buying this FP i searched internet for a while but all the reviews i could find was these 3 reviews in amazon . I had a 3 cup cusinart fp , but it was very small for my family of 4 and there were not much accessory options , so i decided to upgrade .
* The first thing i found about this fp is power , its really very less . if u have used any other fp like cuisinart u will definetly feel that . Since there is less power u need to give more pressure on the food .
* The wide mouth is not actually wide enough to fit a whole cucumber( the english , thin long cucumber may fit ).The mouth is curved in the inner side .
when i tried to slice using 4 mm blade , i learnt it was multi functional , i got shaved , 2 mm and 4 mm cut in single side :( , while grating carrots the same minced , 4 mm grated and big chunks left on the blade , let me be honest my 3 cup cusinart was a breeze compared to this. I need to mention this , my frech beans , got sliced , cross cut and minced all together , i have spent more time to separate them than it would take to normally cut them withh knife and board.
* with so less power the dough blade just kept running with dough still in one place for abt a long time , then i finally tokk it out and kneaded them with hands.
* there are lots of grooves and surface is not easy to clean , the slicing and grating disc has 2 holes to handle then , small food particles fall through them and separating them from processed food is one heck of a work .
* the one good thing abt this food processor is the storage bowl , to keep all the accesorys in place .
* oops i forgot to mention abt the shaft ,the disc gets locked into the shaft quite nice , its good and also after use its completely interloacked that the disc couldnt be removed from the shaft , it took me forever to take it out .
This is not a low priced food processor and i would like to have something nice for what i pay . I dont recommend this at all .
0Comment17 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 16, 2011
I bought this because I kept seeing it in youtube videos by those into raw foods. Works smoothly and comes with all the necessary attachments and a plastic case with removable cover to hold them. The case for the attachments was a surprise as I expected to have a bunch of attachments I'd have to find a home for. The case slips neatly into a drawer or cupboard. Mine was missing a manual so I called Omega and got a real live person. They sent one out immediately. I've also owned one of their juicers (Omega 2004) and think they make good quality products.
on February 11, 2014
It is a great unit for the price and I was surprised at the number of attachments that come with. I keep this unit on my counter and I do use it daily. I am a simple person and I hate attachments, so I only use the one blad.

I both love and hate this food processor. The problem for me is that the blade unit in the center of the mixing container. What annoys me off frequently is that I mix stuff and then want to empty the contents into a pot of bowl but it's hard to get the contents out without the blade in the middle falling out. The ergonomics of the unit's design is questionable but does not impact how it functions. I don't know one from the other and don't want to bother. I just want a full sized food processor that is easy to operate and that is reliable.

I also get annoyed at this unit daily because I think I could design a better or more improved version. I wish the designers make the base solid without a hole in the middle. The blades could sit on a spindle of the unit. The blade could be removed and the solid bottom that could be scraped and allow the contents to be poured out much more easily.

This is hard to explain and perhaps my frustration is my own. I had a small food processor that I gave to a second hand store and I wish I still had it. The unit sat on the base of a blender. I got a blender and food processor for about fifty bucks. The issue was that the FP unit was a bit too small for my needs. I would have kept it had I known about the way this Omega unit's base and blade are designed.

Again ... the unit is great - I just wish the design was more user friendy.
on April 5, 2013
This was a very expensive piece of garbage. It doesn't have enough power to process a cup of nuts and a few dates. The blades just stopped every quarter of a turn. If you use any liquid it spills out onto the counter. It leaves black marks on my white counter every time I use it. It is a pain to clean. When you use the shredding or slicing blades you end up with random chunks in there from the stupid holes in the blade that don't seem to have any other purpose other than to be annoying. It scratches extremely easy. Even though the cup is large the center tube is low so you can't even get close to the halfway mark without it running up through the center and making a mess. I should also mention that the first one I received from the Omega company was used even though it was factory sealed in the box. Customer service was great and replaced it without question. I also absolutely LOVE my Omega 8006 juicer. I don't know why they would dirty their name and reputation by selling this garbage when they have a successful line of well respected juicers. Omega, if you are listening, Please stop selling this trash. The one good thing is the nice container for all the accessories but then what good does that do me when the food processor itself is garbage.
on March 15, 2010
I bought this because the cuisinart seemed so expensive in comparison. It works great for me. I worry that if it breaks I will have trouble because omega is a small company (re: parts). But it works just as well as the cuisinart I had before. It comes with all the necessary accessories. If I have any trouble with it in the future I will update.
55 comments5 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2014
I got this machine because I wanted to dive deep into raw breads and crackers, etc. The slicing disks work fine but the s blades do nothing but spin. I have tried it with several different things, hoping and crossing my fingers, but this machine just wont "process". Every time I end up having to use my vitamix instead, which just overproccesses everything. I am so disappointed.
on March 19, 2012
Although I received this machine a few weeks ago, I have just now used it. Why? Because like another reviewer mine did not come with a manual. So I had to call and get one. That took a few days. Next, the instructions are just that, NO information about how best to use the machine for various ingredients. I had to buy a book. After getting one and returning it, I got the right book for me, The Food Processor Bible. Tonight on the first trial, I loved the way the machine performed. I love that it is quiet. I use a stand mixer for bread so I cannot comment on that issue. However, the fellow is right; once that disk is on the adaptor, it is tough to get off. I have yet to succeed so I am going to turn that task over my strong mechanical husband. If it is too tough for him, I might return it. One more note: online you may read on a site that Omega no longer packs any instruction book; that you have to go online and download a copy. When I called customer service I was told that it was a mistake it was left out. I told her that not having a manual come with the machine is a safety issue. So if you do not get a manual in the box, call customer service. The main reason I bought an Omega is that I have their juicer which I love. Also this is a direct drive motor which was raved about on other sites. And they have a great warranty! Update to removing disc from adaptor. First it must be lined up correctly. We took a heavy towel to get a grip on the disc. The towel is essential to avoid cutting ourselves. This made the whole operation easier. Once you have a grip on the disc, the lining up is not so hard. Then, you just twist and pull. I watched my husband do this, Next time it will be my turn. At this point I am keeping the machine.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
post split and it is a nightmare trying to get the processor off the machine- I am SO SORRY I bought this - will go back to Kitchen-aide which served me well for a long time and I gave away to my daughter. this was more than a waste of money - a horrible waste of time and energy !
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2012
First thing that disappointed me after opening it was the lack of any information about the product besides what was written on outside of the box. It listed "information booklet" as an included item but it wasn't. (Amazon sent out another one and it was also without and printed text or information inside the box.) I printed out a manual online.

Problem areas:
1) Not enough power. The motor didn't have enough power to work through a soft dough.

2) There is no seal inside the blade so liquid just spun up through the center and all over the counter. I put 2 cups of water in with cashews and over a 1/2 cup came pouring out from all around under the bowl in a 2 second pulse. For this reason along, I don't understand how this made past testing even to get this product to distribution. I have since bought a Cusinart and, since the blades have a grommet inside, that is not a problem.

3) Takes a long time to chop stuff up. I had a quicker time using my Vitamix...

4)Not that excited about how the bowl attaches to the machine. Only goes on one way and it is very awkward, at least it was to me.

I did not go any further with this machine. I didn't try the grater or slicer blades so I have no opinion to offer on that.

Bottom line: I would NOT recommend this product. Omega makes a great juicer but their FP leaves much to be desired. After doing more research, I bought the Cusinart 14 cup Elite. I love it and would highly recommend it if you want to spend a bit more. Has tons of power, 3 nesting bowls, great seals, variable blade discs, a dough blade and setting, easy to clean... No comparison really.
11 comment2 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2011
Just received my new Omega food processor. It arrived a day earlier than expected -thank you. It's great, which is what I'd expect from Omega. I have anOmega juicer and love it too.