5.0 out of 5 stars Great experience!
I read several hours, in bed, with this light. It was so comfortable I could almost forget I had it fastened around my ear! I could have worn it hours longer......IF I hadn't needed some sleep!
Published on May 24, 2006 by Christine E. Bullock

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing
Published on February 20, 2007 by Whose Line überfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great experience!, May 24, 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat disappointing, February 20, 2007
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
I love the concept of this product. I purchased this for the purpose of reading before going to bed. The product itself is fine: durable, lightweight, portable, comfortable. I am disappointed with the light output. The light is not very bright, although it is much better than no light at all. I think the major flaw is that the area of illumination is not very big (a circle of light about 4 3/4in in diameter, which is much smaller than the height of most books), thus I am constantly having to adjust either my head or the light itself (which does swivel about 5/8in front-to-back and 3/8in up and down) to illuminate the part of the page I am reading. This becomes cumbersome, frustrating and distracting, and I usually just give up and go to bed. In order to make it swivel, the pivot mount is rounded, which means the light is sometimes directed at an angle instead of straight ahead. If the light source began farther back, the circle of light might be larger in area, improving the product. My solution has been to put the light on a shelf behind me in bed, but that makes the light dimmer, and not everyone has this option. The on-off switch also requires more force to turn off than I think it should. This has the potential to be a great product but right now is just an average one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 29, 2007
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
It looked little and cute and seemed like it would do the job, and while it is comfortable and light-weight...it can't switch ears, which I had assumed it would for some reason, and it's also not bright enough. For a dimly lit room maybe....but when I got home and turned out the lights to test it out, even with the big ole tv going, It was barely enough to light the page dimly. That and if I moved my head too much to follow the words (big book), the light went OFF the page. Upside, it was cheap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to postion properly on ear, February 23, 2007
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
Hard to postion properly on ear, battery has very short life

4.0 out of 5 stars very useful, May 10, 2008
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
Very light and easy on the ear. The big advantange is that you don't have to have a light connected to book you are reading. that is especially a problem when it is a paperback, or even just the newspaper or sheets of paper. This give you the light you need. Battery and bulb do go fairly quickly, but then I just bought another one. For $5, that is the best answer to dead batteries.

It's made of plastic. If they had made it with higher quality, it would maybe be a 5 star item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 15, 2011
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
I love this little ear lamp. I use it to read in bed at night while hubby is sleeping. I do wish the mechanism of the ear was a little sturdier as I sometimes find myself having to readjust the lamp on my ear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book light, but short battery, May 13, 2008
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
Very useful book light. Fits comfortably on right ear and light is enough to read easily by. Light adjustment is simple to align with your eyes and once you do, you can read for hours. Works much better than the clip-on lights to your book. I just wish the battery life was longer.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, February 3, 2008
This review is from: Omega Personal Reading Light, Ear Mount
I recently bought this product from the grocery store. There were absolutly no directions on how to put this thing around your ear. The company need to think smarter, not everyone knows how to attach to ear. It took me many trys to get this thing on. This was downright wrong. I have to give credit that the ear piece was comfortable. I was able to read well. Yes, I had to strain my neck alot. I also found that the piece only attaches to right ear. What if some people don't have a right ear? DISCRIMINATION!! Omega should have made it usable for both ears.