Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on November 16, 2008
This is my first review on Amazon so I'm practically a noobi at writing reivews. But I'm building a home theater so I thought I'd share my experience with this product so other users like me can benefit from it.

First off, like few others have mentioned this is NOT a ceiling mounting kit instead its for mounting speakers on wall. It works great and as advertised. The product is complex (unlike other speaker mounts#, so installation is a pain, it took me several hours to install my speakers, but on the plus side the instructions are very detailed and I recommend reading them carefully to install it right. I installed Onix Rocket MKII250 speakers which weight ~20-25 lbs and the Omnimount 30 could easily handle this weight. Also, you definitely need a helper to hold the speaker on the mounting plate #get a strong guy <g>) while the 2nd person finishes the install from underneath. Once installed it looks great and professional. I give it a 4 star only because of the painful install but the product is worth every penny.

And finally, the buying experience on Amazon has beeng great, they shipped on time with no shipping damage.
VINE VOICEon September 4, 2008
Note that Amazon has the descriptions reversed. This item, OmniMount 30.0 WB-IFK/B is the wall mount version. OMNIMOUNT 30.0 CA-IFK/B, is the ceiling mount version. This was confirmed with OmniMount support.

My full review is under OMNIMOUNT 30.0 CA-IFK/B. I did run into some problems with incorrect installation instructions with the ceiling mount version. I do not know if the problems were specific to that version or not. I suggest reading the other review so that hopefully you can be avoid any problems similar to the ones I ran into.

Also, the 20 pound mounts and higher are considered part of OmniMount's Pro line so you won't find any information about the large capacity models on their main web site. You can find information on the pro line at [...].

Update Aug 31, 2012:
Updating to 4 stars to match the updated rating I gave the other version.

Just checked OmniMount's web site and found a couple things:
- looks like the ceiling model is now 30.0 CA-MP and the wall mount is 30.0 WB.
- these are now visible in OmniMount's main web site, no need to go to the pro site above anymore. These are part of their Stainless Steel Series.

So to sum up:
Ceiling mount models: OmniMount 30.0 CA-IFK/B, OmniMount 30.0 CA-MP
Wall mount models: OmniMount 30.0 WB-IFK/B, OmniMount 30.0 WB

Amazon still hasn't corrected the descriptions so pay attention to the model number to be sure you are getting the one you want. The picture on each of them is correct for the model number as well.
on September 5, 2007
Bought two of these for my JBL studio bookshelf speakers (25lbs+ each). The instructions are incredibly clear & complete which makes for a very good installation that you are confident in (you dont want 25-30lbs over someone's head otherwise!!).

The mount is very versatile, which allows you position you speakers exactly how you want.
on February 10, 2010
These are made of powder coated stainless steel in a flat black finish. They can be mounted to the bottom or the top of the speaker, with the part mounted to the speaker having 4 screws that come with the mount, and able to be positioned over a great variety of angles. The part mounted to the wall does so with 2 lags bolts, also furnished. The screw heads are galvanized and not powder coated, so I suggest painting them black - although they don't look bad left silver. Hardware is of a higher quality than you normally get from the big box stores. These can be mounted with a drill, screw driver, and socket or wrench. Probably takes longer to decide where to place the mount on the speaker than anything. I have had other model mounts before and prefer these above any. the metal section that goes fromt he wall to the part mounted to the speaker is a hollow tube. If you want some high quality mounts, these certainly fit that description. I have mounted KEF IQ3's and IQ30's with these. Even my wife likes them.
on April 1, 2010
Can't put into words the superior quality this product has. Worth every penny I spent on it. Company thinks of every aspect of the instulation. A+
on June 27, 2012
We installed the WALL MOUNT version of this Omnimount Speaker Mounting Kit-
Perfect product, we use a pair with JBL ES30 series Bookshelf Speakers wich 20 lbs. each.
Manual can be a little difficult but it's okay.
I recommend this product, see the pic.
review image
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 13, 2011
These are rad, got two for my JBL LSR8's and they're amazing. Huge space saver, totally solid... all around great purchase.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse