4.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking Shelf
This shelf is quite attractive and easy to install. The depth of it is greater than I was imaging, so if you're using it for a smallish item (like a DVD or cable box), it will stick out form the wall farther than you need.
Published on August 14, 2006 by (E) None Of The Above

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is Deceiving
Published on October 20, 2009 by Nak'm Dead

3.0 out of 5 stars Picture is Deceiving, October 20, 2009
This review is from: OmniMount ECSB Component Shelf Wall Shelf for TVs and Video Accessories (Electronics)
This is a quality unit, BUT the picture gives you the impression that the shelf does not extend out very far. The arm of the shelf extends so that the glass shelf begins 5" from the wall and extends out to 21" from the wall. This is the only complaint I have as the unit is otherwise well designed, sturdy, and the glass shelf(tempered) is first class. My suggestion, design a sliding extendable/retractable arm. The shelf is used to hold a direct TV receiver below a small wall hung 21" LCD in sewing room.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking Shelf, August 14, 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the most part..., February 6, 2007
This is a great wall mount shelf. There aren't a lot of 30 lb shelf mount speakers out there. I have Klipsch RS-62s that weigh in at 26 lbs each, and the shelves accomodate them. The down side is that one of the shelves was sent with screws that had no thread! Also you HAVE TO install thise into a stud, period! When you initially drill, make sure you find wood shavings as the drill bit comes out. When you install drill the other holes, MAKE SURE you measure from the ground to the top of the wall plate to assure the speakers will be at the same height. Also, make sure that before you do your drilling deep, LEVEL the plate using a LEVEL you can buy at any hardware store, so your speakers don't tilt in one direction or the other. Make sure the top side is on TOP and put the plastic cover on BEFORE you attach the glass, and that the glass is faced so the rounded edge is in the front! Good Luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Omnimount Shelf - Rear Surround Speakers, September 17, 2009
I looked all over the internet for a mechanism or shelf in which to mount my rear surround Paradigm Studio 20 V5 speakers, of which each weighs 24 lbs. This product is exactly what I was looking for. The build quality is luxurious; and when it is mounted correctly into a wood stud, it is extremely secure. I have only two suggestions being;

1) Don't bother using the supplied screws if you are going to mount the unit
into a wood stud as the screw head will strip and it will take you forever
to screw it down. I recommend purchasing four 3" bolts designed for wood
application and use a ratchet to tighten. I would not mount this unit
simply into drywall and expect it to support 30lbs, but after mounting it
into a 2 x 4, I would bet that it could easily support 50 lbs.
2) Others complained that the shelve swivelled freely after installation from
side to side. I purchased two shelve units and simply applied extra
torque on the nut and bolt which mounts the swing arm to the base plate,
and now there is adequate tension so that there is resistance when I move
the shelf from side to side; resolving any issues with the shelf moving
freely on it's own.
I would not hesitate to recommend this shelf unit as I will guarentee you will be extremely satisfied with your purchase.

Cobra

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shelf but wrong dimensions., April 14, 2010
I am very pleased with the shelf but was fortunate that it met my needs because the dimensions given by Amazon are INCORRECT. The shelf itself is 16" deep at its' DEEPEST point and 18" wide. I word it this way because the front of the shelf is rounded a bit and the rear is "notched" inward about 2 1/2" at each corner, giving it a usable depth of only approximately 12 1/2" front to rear edge to edge. When I 1st opened the box I was sure I'd have to return it but was delighted to discover that the feet of my Viewsonic Pro8100 projector JUST fit on the shelf like it was made for it. The Viewsonic is a HUGE projector and weighs about 20#. It is solid a as rock on the shelf. A couple of suggestions for a happy installation---1. Do NOT try to use the long screws they provide. You'll play hell trying to get them all the way into a stud. Pick up four 1/4" lag BOLTS (2 1/2" long) that you can use a socket or wrench on. 2.I suggest you force a bit of wire (I used a paper clip) into the space where the arm rotates before tightening everything down to prevent it from being loose enough to move easily. If I hadn't done this I feel that the shelf would have been prone to swinging left or right if just bumped.
Hope this helps!

Ed

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, works great, November 12, 2008
This product is very nice. We were apprehensive about having a glass shelf for AV stuff, especially with kids in the house, but it's proven to be a durable product and is visually unobtrusive. In fact, we're getting ready to order another one and I'm happy to see its still available 2 years after ordering the first one!

We have moved several times over the past few years and one trick I learned with all of this wall mount stuff: if you're mounting into a wood stud, throw away the bulky lag bolts the manufacturers include. At the risk of drawing fire here (and maybe voiding a useless warranty or two) I suggest using Omg FMTLOK04-50 50PK 4" Timberlok Screws for most wall mount products (into wood studs) where a 3/8" (or smaller) lag bolt is used. Timberlok has a 1000lb shear rating and 6000lb pull-out rating when used in standard 1,5" width lumber. The OmniMount shelf can be installed in 5 minutes with a level, pencil & four Timberlok screws.

You can get the 4" Timberlok screws at most home improvement stores but if you want/need the 2.5" bolts, you'll probably have to order them online from FastenMaster. The Timberlok screws install in seconds with most any respectable drill/driver, don't require pre-drilling, a nut driver is included in every package, they can be removed/moved in seconds and they make a pretty small hole than can be easily patched. These things are awesome!

The OmniMount shelf is a great product! If you don't like the size or the fact that it gets dusty or that it takes too long to install, that's your problem, don't blame the product. As mentioned elsewhere, the only suggestion I have would be some type of locking mechanism on the swing arm, but this has never posed any significant issues for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice component shelf!, October 29, 2006
This OMNIPOINT Glass component shelf was simple to install and strong enough for my VCR & Satellite Receiver. The shelf glass shelf is fixed to the support arm and the support arm can swivel left & right about 20 Degrees. The only downside is that the glass shelf and projection from my wall is a little large for my location. I wish OMNIMOUNT has several sizes of this model available. If so, then I missed seeing it. Not a problem. Have a strong drill to pre-drill the screw holes into the wall. All said, I am fully pleased with this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exaclty as advertised, January 23, 2007
Very solid, nice looking shelf, easy to assemble with good instructions and all required pieces included. It's exactly as I expected it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shelf, January 9, 2007
I purchased this shelf for my DVD player and mounted it up high, near the ceiling. The shelf is very stylish and looks great. The glass is nice, thick and sturdy. The swivel allows for great angle movements left and right. Great shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my needs perfectly!, August 6, 2010
I see a lot of complaints about the shelf being too large or sticking out to far etc. The picture is decieving and would not work well with a wall mounted TV because it does extend outwards. With my setup, my TV stand does not have space for a larger center speaker, and so this stand works perfectly for me because it is being used to hold up a 22lb center channel above my TV. The longer arm on this stand is perfect for me because it sits nicely for my set-up. The contruction is quality with a nice heavy steel plate, a thick piece of tempered glass and a nice looking steel arm. For those that are complaining about drywall installation, that again is user's error. The manufacturer's instructions tell you to locate a stud using a stud finder and mount it on a stud. It mentions no where mounting it in dry wall only. The screws are big and long (that's what she said) and work well with the shelf. I have no worries about the shelf falling out of the wall whatsoever.

Again, if you remove human error (which is impossible), then this product was well thought out and nicely constructed. Now if Amazon had a user rating system instead...

Rate and Discover Movies