Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Omron Fat Loss Monitor” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 55% off the $70.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Omron Fat Loss Monitor
- Accurately measures body fat percentage and body mass index (BMI) using proven bioelectrical impedance method
- Two modes-standard and athlete-to provide accurate results based on your exercise regimen
- Stores up to 9 individual profile settings so the whole family can track their progress
- Displays readings quickly in about 7 seconds
- Displays numbers in either US or Metric
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
In the Box
- Omron Fat Loss Monitor (HBF-306)
- Instruction manual
- 2 AAA batteries
Get a Grip On Your Health
Measure your body fat percentage and BMI with one easy-to-use and easy-to-read handheld device.
- Measures 2 fitness indicators: body fat percentage and body mass index (BMI)
- Choose from standard or athlete mode
- Measures up to 9 profiles with guest mode
- Large LCD display gives readings in either US or Metric
For optimum accuracy, use your body composition monitor right after you wake up and at least 2 hours after each meal.
Avoid taking measurements after exercising, drinking a large amount of water, or bathing. These may significantly alter your body composition readings.
Do not use this device if you are pregnant or have an implanted medical device or cardiac pacemaker. Consult your physician before beginning a weight reduction program.
The Omron Advantage
Bioelectrical impedance is clinically proven. It works by sending a small, imperceptible electrical signal through the whole body–from arm to arm or foot to foot–to calculate total body water.
Given the ratios of the water in your upper and lower body change throughout the day – as gravity pulls more water into your lower extremities – the electrical impedance of the body also varies.
Typically, these types of measurements could only be taken by a doctor or physical trainer. With Omron, you can get them at home, anytime you want.
Body Fat Percentage
If you’re losing weight, tracking your body fat percentage lets you know you’re trimming the fat as opposed to losing other kinds of weight.
Body Mass Index (BMI)
This indicator is calculated from your height and weight and is a measure of overall body fat. The higher the BMI, the greater the chance for possible health risks.
|Slim Digital Scale||Fat Loss Monitor||Fat Loss Monitor & Scale||Body Comp Monitor & Scale||Body Comp Monitor & Scale||Body Comp Monitor & Scale|
|Body Fat %||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Body Mass Index (BMI)||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Sensory Technology||Step-on/Step-off||Hand-to-Hand||Foot-to-Foot||Full Body||Full Body||Full Body|
This monitor cannot be used with a pacemaker or other implanted devices. Consult with the manufacturer of the implanted device and your physician prior to using this monitor.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Most admit to using this first thing in the morning.
It says on about.com never to do that. For accurate readings, use 3 hours after a meal, never first thing in the morning, (you are dehydrated then) never use when dehydrated, but you should use after emptying your bladder. (remember it's guaging what percent of you is muscle vs water so you want your body water to be balanced and normal...not too low with dehydration, not too high with a full bladder.) Also it's best to use this, or any monitor, when unclothed if possible. Ive found that part not to matter that much as everyone at my office borrows this sometimes and, because bare workers would be awkward, we've found it to read accurately clothed. :-)
Also, if you have a very high muscle mass and a very low BMI set it on "athlete" for an accurate reading. So yes, even bodybuilders CAN use it...you just have to know how.
This explained those who had problems and the unbiased rating on the aformentioned website (and others) states that this is WAY more accurate than calipers...made me buy it. I"d used it before at the gym and it was always great. But before I purchase on my own, I learn.
I use mine often and it is right on target as to what's going on with my body. A handheld non-electronic (or even electronic if it's the kind you place ON your fat) caliper will vary if you do not measure the EXACTLY in the same place each time and squeeze to the exact resistance.Read more ›
With the Omron HBF-306, you can easily track changes in your body fat % as you progress through your fitness training. I was able to lose 6% points in just 3 months using garcinia cambogia You'll be able to easily tell if your losing fat and/or gaining muscle by monitoring your BF% along with your weight. Check your weight and body fat % first thing in the morning for the most consistent readings. I highly recommend it.
One advantage of the HPF 306 Body Fat Tracker is that you can use it without anyone else to help.
I have used a many tools over the decades and for the price...this sure seems to be a great one!
As another reviewer noted...this is best used by taking measurements over a period of time and tracking changes. If your interest is simply to monitor your body composition over time for general health, once every one to three months is a good interval. If, on the other hand, you have a specific goal or are in an intensive nutrition/training cycle, you may wish to track once a week.
If you are looking to lose weight (by losing excess fat) ...measuring Lean Body Mass and Body Fat is the only way to insure you are not losing muscle and water.
Many diets cause massive losses of water and muscle (very low calorie and low carbohydrate diets for example)...leading to a quick regain of pounds at some point. If you are on a diet program, and nobody is measuring your Lean Body Mass and Body Fat, you simply do not know what your body is doing.
So you know my credentials, I have been involved in health and fitness for over 20 years as a Body Builder, Body Sculptor, Trainer, Consultant, Coach and many other positions in the field. I am currently the Director of Personal Success Now.
For the best accuracy with this...
You should take the measurements at the same time of day.Read more ›
Why I Recommend It:
1. EASY to use. It's almost dummy-proof
2. Inexpensive. For less than $26 you can have it delivered (Super-Saver shipping) including batteries.
3. I don't need help to use it. I don't know of any other method that you can do in the privacy of your home each and every day with the exception of calipers. And you need somebody else to use the calipers on you. Since they're only accurate if that person knows what he/she is doing and measures you in the exact same place each time, I think it's just easy to get a monitor.
4. Quick. I can take a measurement in about 10 seconds.
1. The instruction manual mentions this also but... Make sure to take the measurement at the same time each day. I take my measurements right before I leave the house for work before I've eaten or drank anything for the day.
2. Don't expect the results to be perfect. If the measurement tells you that you're 16% body fat, that's probably pretty close to what you actually are. But depending on how much water you've had to drink, how recently you've exercised, how recently you've eaten, etc., the reading could go up to 17% or down to 15%. It's best to be consistent with when you take your measurements and to use the monitor as a guide to tell you if you're gaining or losing. I think of it as a fat loss compass... not a fat loss GPS.
3. Make sure that you keep your stats updated in the computer memory. I'm on a fat loss routine right now. I've lost 15 lbs since I began using the Omron monitor. It only takes a second to update your personal stats in the monitor's memory.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am definitely monitoring my fat. I take a reading every Saturday and I get a number. Is that number accurate? I don't know, is it Precise??? Still don't know. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Dr. Loomis
Very good quality made and works just as it supposed to. I use this to monitor my body fat since I started doing Crossfit. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Alireza Farshbaf
Works great! I really do not have anything to compare it with, but it was easy to use and set up. I plan on tracking my and my wife's numbers on here.Published 4 days ago by Nicholas DiGiulio Jr
Very accurate!! And easy to use!! I like using it to keep track of my progress!Published 5 days ago by Tommy B.