1,329 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've seen.
As a primary care physician, I've seen a lot of BP monitors that my patients bring to the office to check for accuracy and other features. This one seems to be the best. The easy to apply cuff, auto inflation, its accuracy, the memory, the averaging feature, the AC converter all make it worth the slightly higher price over other Omrons, which I consider the most...
Published on March 20, 2006 by Steven P. Baughn MD

1.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Low Readings
My original purchase failed within 30 days and Amazon sent out a replacment at no charge. Unfortunatly the replacement failed 45 days later, which meant I am stuck with a defective product. VERY DISAPPOINTING!!
Published on June 4, 2007 by L. Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO USE, January 31, 2006
C. Zetlmeisl (Finksburg, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Omron HEM-780 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor with ComFit Cuff (Health and Beauty)
This blood pressure monitor is very easy to use. I have worked for a Doctor for 20 years, so I know how to use a BP cuff with sphygmomanometer and stethoscope. I was however, concerned with my ability to be able to check my blood pressure myself in the comfort of my own home. I read several reviews before ordering and am very pleased to say all the positive comments I read were true. Taking my BP with this monitor has been a breeze, anyone can do it!! I would highly recommend this monitor for anyone who needs to monitor their BP at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, December 17, 2005
We bought a Panasonic wrist BP monitor and returned it (since the reproducibility is low) and bought this. This is probably the best we have tried. The display is large and clear. The Cuff is hard, but the repeatability of the BP is better than those softer ones. It comes with a bad and AC adaptor though it also operate on battery. Very accurate. Highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Good BP Monitor, September 17, 2006
I am quite pleased with this device. I really expected it to be kinda flimsy, but it actually seems quite well made. The spring-loaded cuff is easy to put on and use without help, and comfortable enough. The display is large and clear, and up to 90 readings are stored in memory. It also gives you an average of your last three readings. Power comes from 4 AA batteries (included) or an AC adapter (also included)

I've taken several readings to check its consistency. Readings taken under similar circumstances, close together, appeared to be steady.

My only complaint is the hose could be slightly longer. Overall, I think this is a good tool to have for blood pressure monitoring on a regular basis, which is probably something we all should be doing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Consistently Low Readings, June 4, 2007

5.0 out of 5 stars What a difference a good design makes, March 10, 2006
E. Chan (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
It is amazing what a little difference in the design of the Comfit cuff makes, I tried 2 other BP monitor and has always struggle with putting on the cuff with one hand. You can never get the correct tightness or line up the alignment marks to get the correct reading without fussing around a few times. With this pre-formed cuff, it is a cinch.

Also, the cuff is fairly stiff. I can use it to push my clothing up the last inch to get it to the right position. With a standard cuff, you need one hand to hold the sleeve up as high as possbile on your arm so it is not trapped under the cuff, one hand to hold the cuff in the right position and one more to close the velco. Needless to say, this is hard when you only have one hand to do all three at the same time.

The BP reading also seems more accurate. I get the same reading that I get in the doctor's office. Tried it on 2 other persons and they think it is correct as well. The other units I tried (including another Omron manual inflate) seems to get a lower reading for me who has a higher BP and higher reading for others with lower BP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little machine, January 14, 2006
Kyle D. Gendron (Burlington, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Very easy to use and very accurate also it works quickly. I brought it to a few of my Dr visits to compare the pressure readings and it was pretty much right on. My Doctor was impressed with it as well. Doesn't take up a lot of space and can be used anywhere at anytime. It isn't very loud either. Many times I'll use it while my wife is sleeping and she never flinches.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent, January 9, 2007
Monitor appeared to be reading high. We took the machine to a highly qualified doctor, who originally recommended the Omron. He compared the Omron readings to his own blood pressure monitor. Sure enough, Omron readings were about 20% high, for both my wife and me. The whole purpose of a home blood pressure monitor is to determine if blood pressure is unusually high. We have little to no confidence in the Omron HEM-780. It is a disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Omron HEM-780 Automatic Blood Pressure Monitor with ComFit Cuff, January 11, 2007
Jack Bell (Silver Spring, MD) - See all my reviews
This monitor failed to give accurate readings for me and for my wife. Both of us have moderately high blood pressure of long standing. I bought this monitor (to replace one that had been broken) to keep track at home. The HEM-780 reported that both of us had low blood pressures! I brought it to our doctor's office for comparison, and it was way off...about 40 mm Hg high on systolics for my wife, and 30 mm Hg high for me. Had no trouble with the simpler Omron I had before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product at a bargain price, March 16, 2007
D. R. Schryer (Poquoson, VA United States) - See all my reviews
Like many people, having my blood pressure measured in a doctor's office usually results in an artificially high reading. After my most recent visit to my family physician he recommended that I buy a blood pressure monitor and measure my blood pressure at home every day. At first I bought a monitor which measures blood pressure at the wrist, but I had difficulty getting consistent readings with it. A friend who is a retired physician recommended that I get an upper-arm-positioned monitor and specifically recommended Omron, so I bought the HEM 780 AC monitor. I'm very pleased that I did. The readings with this monitor are much more consistent than those obtained with the wrist monitor and, as I suspected would be the case, are significantly lower than values obtained in my doctor's office. The monitor is very easy to use and functions completely automatically once you turn it on and press the start button. After each measurement it digitally displays both the systolic (higher) value, diastolic (lower) value, and the pulse plus the date and time. Furthermore it saves these values sequentially for the 90 most recent measurements -- a real convenience for comparing values over time. I highly recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Omron HEM 780 Blood Pressure monitor system, May 31, 2010
Jack Geren (Lexington, KY) - See all my reviews
I recently had a mild heart attack and was placed on medication to reduce the work load of my heart. Because I was hypotensive (low blood pressure) in the hospital I was told to not take the medication until my systolic blood pressure was greater than 100 mm HG. I purchased this unit to allow me to monitor my blood pressure at home by myself. It is difficult to take your own blood pressure with a standard Blood pressure cuff and stethoscope. The monitor recorded my blood pressure daily and always showed me to be hypotensive. Since I was not showing any signs of being hypotensive I re-checked my blood pressure in the emergency department where I work as an emergency physician. The Omron unit was 25 points low compared to the emergency department reading on two different days. I then began taking my blood pressure with a standard blood pressure cuff and stethoscope as well as the Omron unit, again the readings of the Omron unit were 25 points lower. I contacted the manufacturer and was instructed on deleting the memory (which is one reason I purchased this unit). This gave a more accurate (only 5 points lower) for one reading. The second day it was again reading 25 points low. I have returned the unit for a refund.