5,997
Size Name: SingleChange
Price:$55.50 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on December 1, 2005
Size Name: Single
If you are wondering whether you want a pedometer, let me add my vigorous "yes". Wearing a pedometer has a way of making you parse every step you take as exercise....even walking down the hall to ask an officemate a question raises your step count just a bit, and soon enough you will be raising your ambitions to 10,000 steps a day or even more without needing to make a production over going to the gym.

If you are wondering "which pedometer," I'll add my pitch for this nifty little Omron. My last pedometer: inaccurate, physically uncomfortable, impossible to wear with a dress, broke after 2 months.

My Omron: accurate, comfortable clip, even works if I just stick it in a pocket or purse, have dropped it frequently to no ill effects. Best of all, it has quite sophisticated features: it tracks not only steps, miles, and calories, but "aerobic steps" - if you keep walking for 10 minutes or more it counts as aerobic - it is even smart enough to let you pause for up to a minute and still count subsequent steps as aerobic. Finally, it has a 7-day memory that allows you to track all these features back a whole week so you can see your improvements.

I can't say enough about this product. I know they call it "premium" but for less than the cost of a couple of weeks at a gym, you'll have a permanent and genuinely practical exercise system. It is the best fitness value of any kind on the market.
on January 3, 2006
Size Name: Single
I bought this for my 72-year-old father for Christmas since he recently had a heart attack and is now doing the 10,000 step regime. He had enrolled in some hospital-sponsored programs to teach him how to eat better and exercise more, and they gave him a cheap pedometer that never worked. He was getting discouraged, so thanks to the wonderful customers at Amazon, I did my homework and purchased this pedometer based on their reviews (which is primarily how I purchase 99% of my Amazon orders).

He has been using this pedometer since Christmas day and walks every night now. It is accurate and he likes all the features-- it measures regular steps, miles, aerobic steps, has a 7-day memory feature, and even a clock. The lanyard is a brilliant idea-- as many others have indicated, the belt clip can slip off, so the lanyard keeps it securely attached.

The best feature of this pedometer is the ease of which my dad was able to use it-- he set it up and got it working in a matter of minutes and the instruction booklet was clear and concise. There are no confusing displays or key combinations to remember, either, and the display is large enough for him to read without squinting (he's developing cataracts so sometimes reading is difficult for him).

For a small investment, this pedometer delivers what it promises.
on February 1, 2005
Size Name: SingleVerified Purchase
I purchased a Sportline 360 pedometer three years ago -- what a mistake! It only worked once -- then went into an inactive mode from which it never awakened. I should have returned it, but I thought that I must have done something wrong. After having professional trainers unsuccessfully try to get it working for me last year, I knew it was just a dud. Before buying this Omron Premium Pedometer, I read every pedometer review I could find -- the Omron Premium overwhelmingly received the highest marks. Now I want to add my "thumbs up" to the other reviews. I have had my Omron for a week and I love it. It is always on -- doesn't go into hibernation. It was easy to set up and counts steps perfectly. I have taken it to my fitness club -- the track there is a 1/5 mile track. I counted my steps as I walked around one time -- 196 steps. The pedometer counted out -- yes -- 196 steps. Love it. I bought this pedometer because of the great reviews it received at this site, so thank you all.
Size Name: SingleVerified Purchase
The Omron pedometer is perfect for those of us who walk our miles each day with our dogs. The pedometer is simple to program and completely accurate. All I do is slip the pedometer in my pant's pocket when I get dressed in the morning and the pedometer records my steps, distance walked, calories burned, aerobic minutes walked .... plus I can flash back through 7 days of data to see if I achieved my personal goals. I walk rurally, up and down a steep mountain, and there are no sidewalks. When a vehicle approaches I stop for a few seconds on the side of the road to let the vehicle pass, making sure my three dogs are sitting at my feet. Then of course, doggies being doggies, there are the short little doggie stops. The pedometer will keep on counting the aerobic minutes during the tiny little stops without starting back to having to walk ten minutes first. If you are a city walker, this means short stops for red lights, fire hydrants and bushes will keep your aerobic minutes ticking also.
on August 9, 2004
Size Name: Single
I splurged on this little gadget last night in a new effort to lose weight. If you aren't already aware of it, you should aim for 10,000 steps each day for improving your health and losing weight. Get a good pair of walking shoes, grab this pedometer, and go for it (I prefer to also carry a tiny FM radio on my belt with earbud headphones and a pulse meter).

I've owned probably 3-6 other pedometers that I have paid about $10-$30 for each unit in the last two years. Some were lit, some weren't. Some opened like a pocket watch to reveal the display (looked like a tiny pager). Others played a little tune and could speak the numbers on the display. One was even a basic mechanical pedometer with an analog display similar to a car's odometer display.

I wish I had bought this pedometer before I wasted my money on all of the others. This pedometer has yet to give me a 'false' reading. A good example is at work where I am in my chair that leans back at an angle. Most all of the pedometers I owned would register several hundred paces just while I was sitting at work or while driving in the car. Their mechanics would sway back and forth as I shifted in my seat or drove over small bumps. This one did not give any false readings at all in the car - nor has it done so at work.

Not even counting on it's ability to estimate your caloric usage during walking or your distance traveled (another 'estimate' in my book), it has scored an A+ in my book for its accuracy as a pedometer in it's ability to sense each step reliably and accurately.

Again - I regret that I didn't get this pedometer first.

It is a little larger than most, but I believe that is due to it's internal mechanics. It feels like a pocket watch when you hold it in your hand. It's not too light - and it's not so heavy that it will weigh down on an elastic waist band.

I haven't had more than a day with it yet, but it has definately impressed me so far. After a week, I'll have a better idea how well it does at keeping track of steps over a 7 day period.
on January 30, 2011
I've tried several pedometers over the years, but this one is definitely the best. Other pedometers have fallen off my waistband, not counted steps if they were a little bit sideways, counted far too many steps, and just plain not worked after only a short time.

I bought this Omron in December and it is now the end of January. It has a high quality case that feels solid, unlike others that feel so fragile that normal handling has made them fall apart. It counts accurately, I don't have to worry about keeping it in exactly the right position because it counts steps correctly as long as it is vertical. That means it can be any which way in a pocket or bag as long as it isn't laying flat like it would on a table.

The 7 day memory is nice too if you want to track your steps per day over time. You can look back and see your step total. It also calculates distance and calories and something called aerobic steps. The aerobic steps is just a smaller number than the total steps. The little safety clip has prevented it from falling to the ground on several occasions. I use it almost every day. I walk more with it than without it because I like to see my step number going up. I've only gotten 10,000 steps a few times, but my average continues to climb.

You can buy this pedometer with confidence and start adding up the steps! Have fun!
on January 30, 2005
Size Name: SingleVerified Purchase
I have used several pedometers in the past but the results were always unreliable, therefore had little impact on my behavior. This pedometor is different. Gives very accurate results. The only time I found a discrepency in the results was when I was doing a walk in place tape.

I find myself trying to continually improve my previous results. With the seven day history log, this makes it very convenient for me to go back over several days to get the results and log. I would highly recommend this over competing pedometers if you are seriously considering the purchase of one. It is well worth the few extra bucks you pay over the cheapie competition.
on August 13, 2007
Verified Purchase
I just wanted to write and commend you for your impeccable product. I bought your OMRON HJ0112 pedometer quite a while back and wore it religiously. One day I had it on while mowing our 6 acres, and at some point, it fell off and I didn't realize it. I found the pedometer about 6 months later out in the field. I had run it over with the tractor and it had mud caked into the buttons on the front. It had rained several times and endured the Texas heat and freezing temperatures. I cleaned it up and put in a fresh battery, and it still works. The only thing that broke on it is one of the top tabs of the clip that holds it onto your waistband. I am extremely satisfied and would recommend your product to anyone. It was the top rated pedometer in consumer reports.
on March 2, 2005
Size Name: SingleVerified Purchase
I was trying to decide between the Omron Premium Pedometer and the Sportbrain. After reading all of the positive reviews for the Omron Premium Pedometer, I was convinced that this was what I wanted. I have not been disappointed! Without repeating what other reviewers have already said, I'd like to point out a few of my favorite features.

The seven-day memory feature is especially helpful for me to track my progress. For those who want to track their progress automatically on the Internet and don't mind paying a monthly fee, you should look at the Sportbrain pedometer line.

Back to my Omron, the device also automatically resets itself at midnight. When you put the device on in the morning, it's reset to zero with the seven previous day's measurements in memory. How cool is that?!

Quiet. Man, this thing is quiet as opposed to the click click click of cheaper pedometers. As far as I can tell, it makes no sound at all. I wanted something that I could wear often and not have it annoy me and others around me. I can wear this pretty much all day and not know it's there. I also enjoy the fact that it registers steps while inside my pocket so that I can wear it discreetly at work.

Setup takes a few minutes because you have to walk ten steps, measure and divide by 10 to convert that to the length of your average stride. This info, along with the time and your weight, gets entered into the pedometer during initial setup and takes no more than 15 minutes. My setup might have taken longer because I redid my ten steps several times to make sure I was fairly consistent in my stride.

If I had to point out a weakness, and it's a minor one, the holder which attaches to your waist could be a little more secure where it clips to your belt. As some other reviewers have noted, I bent over and mine fell off once the first day I had it. No problems though, as it still works fine.

I haven't written a lot of product reviews, but the Omron Premium Pedometer is so cool, I just had to spread the word! If you're serious about walking and want to measure your progress, this great little gadget is the way to go.
on May 10, 2008
Size Name: Single
I purchased this product a litte over a month ago. After it got here, I carefully measured my 10 step walking distance as they instruct you to do. Once I programmed my pedometer to my standards, I began using it. It worked great when I first got it. I would walk 10 steps and it would count 10 (sometimes 11 or so) steps. Overall, it was a good product for a while.

Throughout the first week I would test it to see if it was still accurate. To my delight, it did remained accurate. I recommened it to some family and then they purchaced some. It wasn't until I helped one of them set up theirs that I realized how much of a piece of junk this thing is (at least ours). I carefully helped one of my family members measure their stride and then set up the pedometer. When she tried it out, it was very innacurate. We spent more time trying to accuartely measure the correct walking pace. Afterwards we tried again. Still, it was innaccurate. I then was curious and checked mine to see if it was working; it was not. If I were to walk 10 steps, it would count 17. If I were to walk 5-6 steps, it would usually count 0 steps and sometims maybe 12-13. The same was happening with my family members. The product would either count too much, or not count at all.

I called the Omron number and asked what we should do. She recommened we reset the pedometer and reprogram it. We did. Still, the thing was messing up. Then we remeasured our walking pace and repgrogrammed it again. Still, nothing. Overall we spent about 2 hours trying to get the things to work. I don't know if our products were defects or if the product itself just doesn't work. However, I do NOT RECOMMEND this product based on my personal experience.

Final thought: This product does not work. Some may work; others may not. If you want to take a gamble, go ahead and buy it. If you want to save yourself the effort, look elsewhere.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations