Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Omron HJ-7201TC - Mac Software Any chance of providing software for Mac?
asked by Bob McHugh on May 17, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 47 answers
A
Excellent device, uploads data to Microsoft® HealthVault™, and decent software (if WIN XP/Vista/7)...but software is not compatible with MAC. Come on Omron...you're missing a nice, lucrative niche by excluding MAC users. Otherwise, this pedometer & software would rate 5 stars!
Big_Mike answered on June 26, 2010
Comment | 34 of 36 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was about to order the Omron Pedometer HJ-720ITC until I read this post... Omron: make Macintosh software and I will buy one, until then only sell to PC users and ignore the millions of Mac users.
N. Sky answered on July 9, 2010
Comment | 27 of 29 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I feel like they faked me out that there is no Mac software. BOOOOO!
R. Schwartz answered on August 5, 2010
Comment (1) | 22 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have read articles and many reviews and was seriously considering the purchase of the Omron Pedometer HJ-720ITC until I realized that the software won't work on my Mac!
Carol M Robinson answered on July 15, 2010
Comment | 18 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I got one for my wife thinking that the software would be compatible with the Mac. Disappointed that it is windows only. I am looking for a work around. Maybe a database program to import data? Oh well.
J. Murphy answered on July 11, 2010
Comment (1) | 16 of 18 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cannot believe that this pedometer is not MAC compatible!

Someone over there needs to look at the MAC demographic and look at the demographic for pedometers. They will notice that THEY ARE THE SAME CUSTOMER!!!! Mine's going back to the store.

BTW I spent 45 minutes online trying to find out whether or not it was compatible with MAC. Could you make that basic information more easy to find? Or is there a reason you don't want us to know that?
Nancy D. Solomon answered on February 25, 2011
Comment | 14 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was just about to order this, but saw that it is not compatible with my MAC.
Jen answered on March 13, 2011
Comment | 14 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have to weigh in and correct the older answer/posts that are now outdated. There now IS Mac software and I am successfully using it with this Pedometer. The only thing is that when I loaded it, I had to select one of their later tri-axis pedometers but when I synced it (via Mini-USB) it did recognize the HJ720. Here's the URL
www.omronfitness.com/driver/mac-downloading/
Califrisco answered on March 3, 2014
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Come on Omron, I am happy with my HJ-720ITC but just converted to MAC. HELP!
Rocket Dog answered on September 10, 2010
Comment | 12 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same comments relative to Linux (Ubuntu).
Any possibility of opening up the source code so that the open source community can generate a useful utility for non-windows users? I'd be happy to contribute some coding.
Arthur R Elsea answered on August 18, 2010
Comment | 9 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

See all questions about this product