Omron 10 Plus Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with ComFit Cuff
There is a newer version of this item:
- Omron Healthcare sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused with connecting the BP791IT with Microsoft HealthVault. The drivers are now available for download at Omron's download center or directly from Microsoft HealthVault.http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/healthvault/tools-devices/directory.aspx?type=device&condition=&activity=
- Calibration Check System
- Memory Storage: 200
- Irregular Heartbeat Detector
- Comes as Two User Mode
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Calibration Check System |
Dual sensors automatically double check each reading, providing you with added reassurance that each reading is accurate.
|Irregular Heartbeat Detector |
Detects irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured. If an irregular heartbeat is detected, an indicator icon will appear, alerting you so you can consult with your medical professional.
|Cuff Wrap Guide |
Indicator confirms the cuff has been wrapped correctly on your arm.
|BP Level Indicator |
Shows how your reading compares to internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels.
|Two User Mode |
Allows two different users to monitor and track their readings separately in the stored memory.
|ComFit Cuff |
Patented by Omron®, the pre-formed arm cuff expands to fit both regular and large sized arms to ensure more comfortable, accurate readings.
Automatically takes three consecutive readings one minute apart and displays the average, following the guidelines set by internationally recognized guidelines for home blood pressure measurement.
|AC Adapter |
AC adapter that plugs into your wall and ensures your monitor is ready to use whenever you are.
|Advanced Averaging |
With a touch of a button you can review an eight week history of your weekly morning and evening blood pressure averages.
|200 Memory Storage |
100 memory storage for each person (200 total) with date and time stamp allows you to review the last 100 readings with a touch of a button.
The Right Fit
Cuff size is very important in ensuring an accurate reading every time you monitor. Before you purchase a home blood pressure monitor, determine if you will need a standard or large sized cuff. To determine your arm size, use a cloth measuring tape to measure the circumference of your left arm. The cuff size options are:
View Omron's Blood Pressure 101 Brochure to learn more.
Facts About Blood Pressure
Your heart is your most important organ, and it's a good idea to know how well it's doing. With Omron home blood pressure monitors, you consistently get an accurate picture of your heart's health.
One in three adults suffer from high blood pressure in America. This condition can lead to heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, and blindness. With the Omron 10+ SERIES upper arm monitor, you can monitor your blood pressure at home, and with the help of your physician, take steps to decrease your risk of heart disease. A healthy heart combined with a healthy lifestyle will help increase your chances for a long, active life.
View this chart to learn more about what the numbers mean.
What the Numbers Mean
Understanding your readings is easy with the Omron 10+ SERIES blood pressure monitor. The easy-to-read screen displays your readings in large font and labels each number with a tab along the side.
- Systolic Pressure is the top number on the display. It's the pressure created as your heart contracts to pump blood throughout the body.
- Diastolic Pressure is the bottom number on the display. It's the pressure between beats, when your heart relaxes.
How to Monitor + Tips
Your blood pressure numbers often change. For instance, your blood pressure in the morning can be significantly different than at night, when you visit a doctor's office, or after exercising. By using an Omron blood pressure monitor at home, you're able to detect changes in your blood pressure any time you want.
Monitoring at Home is Easy
To ensure an accurate reading, do not measure your blood pressure within 30 minutes of:
What's in the Box
One Omron BP-790IT 10+ SERIES upper arm blood pressure monitor, one ComFit Cuff (fits arms 9"-17" in circumference), one AC adapter, USB cable, and English/Spanish instruction manual.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Good things about the new Omron:
* "TruRead" mode, which automatically takes 3 sequential readings and averages them. I always did this manually with my older units anyway because the readings would differ slightly from time to time, but this one does it with one touch of a button, and then computes the average for you.
* Cuff is very nice: broad and stiff, which I find much easier to apply.
* Automatically determines if you have applied the cuff correctly.
* Like a dozen other things I own these days, this unit can connect to my computer via USB, which fortunately is by the common "mini" USB connector and not the less common "micro" USB connector, which means that you can use the same USB cord as you use for many other devices.
Things that may or may not be good:
* It is set up to handle 2 regular users, via an A/B slide switch. This really is only useful if you have 2 people who both use the same unit regularly, and they both want to have the unit keep track of averages and/or download readings to a computer. Of course, you have to remember to set the switch in the right position for you so you don't get mixed up, which would destroy the value of any history.
* You can connect it to your Windows computer as mentioned above, supposedly to connect to Microsoft Health Vault (which I did not try - who wants to upload their personal information to something run by Microsoft?Read more ›
Here's my take on this new Omron monitor:
1. This new monitor is powered by battery or ac adapter. The unit comes complete with adapter, so you don't have to miss a reading while you purchase new batteries. Lithium batteries are recommended, but I'm trying out rechargeable batteries.
2. My old monitor had a memory function for the last three readings, but this new one remembers readings for an entire week. In addition, its memory distinguishes between morning and evening readings.
3. The product description calls this unit "Large." However, the cuff has velcro strip adjustments for both regular and large arms.
4. The cuff on this new monitor has an circular insert that helps you get the cuff on with less difficulty than the older cuff. It's sturdy but not rigid, so it will fit almost any adult arm.
5. Here's the thing I like best -- the readout unit is stand-alone. I always dropped the small readout unit with my old machine, but this new one can sit on a nearby table or chair seat without the danger of drops -- a BIG improvement!
6. Omron has its own software that you can download and install for free. You attach the unit to your computer with the included cable, and you're ready to upload your data. Since I had to purchase a program to keep records for my mother, I find this a money-saving opportunity for people who must keep records for a long time.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A bit harder to use than the older models. Not any more accurate. But the data can be downloadedPublished 1 day ago by stan
We purchased this monitor to replace one that we wore out--also an Omron--after years of good service. Read morePublished 4 days ago by crackedpot
Too complicared. Slow to respond to urgent need and should show initial pressure numbers immediately, then take susequent 2 BP's. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Suzanne Cummings
I have an older model, but this one not only works better it matched the doctors sphygmomanometer. I was sold on its performance.Published 6 days ago by Jim W
The unit functions thus the 2 star, I could have gotten this with a much cheaper unit. The Omron and Microsoft sites want to share all your information once you down their app. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Kindle Customer
Amazing so far. Cuff fits really well and the Tru-Read function (does 3 separate pressures a minute apart and averages) is a nice addition on this one. Read morePublished 11 days ago by Gregory J. Williams
The device is easy to use, but does not give consistent results.
I have taken many readings very carefully, one after the other, getting very different results each time. Read more