Omron electroTHERAPY Pain Relief Device PM3030
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xChange
Price:$28.49 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on June 2, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
Came across this product a few months ago and decided to give it a try. Seemed interesting and now I can honestly say that electric stimulation for pain relief is a novel idea that actually has some merit. This has worked for my feet, legs, arms, and even my back (but to a lesser extent. It also works quite well, with most pain issues being resolved nearly instantly. I would strongly recommend this.

In addition to the electric stimulation device, I also really like the roll on cold therapy, specifically this one; ★ ThermaChill ★ #1 Rated Pain Relief Roll On Cold Therapy ★ Top Choice for Arthritis, Plantar Fasciitis, Tendonitis, Joint & Muscle Pain ★ Immediate Results or Your Money Back.

In fact, I would suggest that anyone who is having some pain issues try both of them. Use them in combination, since I have found rotating with them seems to help me the most.
on September 27, 2012
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, this is an excellent portable TENS device that only uses 2 AAA batteries (incl.) and has 2 electrodes, but if you do some more research you'll realize it is a little high-priced for what you get.

I can only give it 2-stars because there are similarly priced TENS and dual EMS devices for the same price that have 4 electrodes that are far better values.

I first got one after being hooked up to a "commercial" one at my chiropracter's office. Later, I went to a different chiro and they had a small portable unit and I was like, wow, it works just as good. Thus, I searched Amazon many years ago and found a TENS/EMS dual unit with 4 electrodes for right at $50 or so.

On top of that, the one I ordered many years ago, uses a longer lasting 9V battery, has a few dozen extra options, has more levels of sensitivity and more power output AND...also has an AC adapter.

So would you pay the same amount for something with 2 less electrodes, has less power, less configurable options, and only uses battery power?

Then, another consideration is..replacement electrodes. The type that I purchased uses the standard electrical-stim electrodes that I can purchase from any vendor. This OMRON unit uses their own connectors, therefore you have to go to OMRON to purchase them. I haven't priced them out for this OMRON unit, but I know a dozen vendors sell universal electrodes for my old unit.

On my old unit, I can set sensitivity for each pair of electrodes, so let's say your whole back was in pain, but the lower hurt more. You can put 2 electrodes on the upper/middle and 2 electrodes on the lower. Then, you can turn up the power on just the lower as needed. Also, I can use just 2 electrodes if I wanted (like the OMRON).

Here's some helpful criteria to consider if you are looking for a device like this:
=====================================================================================
0. My disclaimer - I'm an engineer, I work in IT, I am not a doctor! ALWAYS ask your doctor before use and never use this near your neck or the front of your chest (or chest to back), please follow all directions in the instruction manual; use only as directed!
1. Price
2. How many electrodes? (Should be 4, IMHO)
3. What is the electrode connector like? Can I buy more from any place or is it a proprietary connector that I must buy from the same manufacturer (like this OMRON)
4. Does it do TENS and EMS or just TENS ?
5. Can I use AC power to save on battery when I'm laying in bed?
6. Is it portable? Does it have a battery power option?
7. How configurable is it? How many options? How customizable are the various programs?
8. Ask your Chiro which one they use if they have a small portable one

Once you consider the 8 criteria above, you will understand why I give this one 2-stars.
5353 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I shook my head when I got this from Amazon Vine. It's one of those things you automatically get in your head "this is a piece of junk" before you even try it. However, in good faith, I gave it a benefit of a doubt. I was in for a surprise.

First impressions out of the box: Laughable. This kidney bean shaped controller is odd looking lightweight plastic device. The sticky paddles, which look nicer and better made, has a big plastic clip at the plug where it connects to the controller. The clip actually partially covers the power button. I am rolling my eyes at this...really? I can imagine that this is to keep the connection snug and to avoid strain on it, but COME ON! It looks so hokey! (Posting pics of this.)

First Try: My shoulder was hurting from doing a sawing project for my husband for a DIY home project. I figured this is a good of a chance as any to try the Omron Pain Relief Device out. I followed the instructions, placed the sticky pads of my shoulder, programmed the device, then gave it a go. The first thing I felt was a minute painless jab to my shoulder muscle. I giggled, rolled my eyes, but then more of the minute jabs came in slowly then faster. Oh my! It was like having tiny fingers giving me the most wonderful deep muscle massage. I was shocked (figuratively and literally) how well this was working on my sore shoulder muscle. I turned it up to level 2 and it was even better. Then I went for 3 - OH CRAP NO! - I backed it off to a comfortable level 2. <--- It was in this moment I realize that device is actually doing tiny electro-shock therapy on me. It went from being pleasurable to freaky weird almost painful shock. I finished the 15-min session (it automatically shuts off after that time) and was very very please with the results. My sore muscle was in a delightful relaxed state and the soreness manageable.

Surprised, I went to my husband to try it on him. I had to get past his initial "what a piece of junk" critical mentality to at least try it. We used it on his calf that had given him grief the night before. At first he was extremely skeptical, but after experimenting with settings and finding his comfort level at 3 for his leg, he actually began to enjoy the therapy. (He was like, "hey, go up to 4" ZAP "Oh crap, no go back to 3!" We had a good LOL moment there.) We did one of his hands afterward, since his hands give him the most pain all the time. There are no instructions for hands, but we did improvised, used the arm programming at low level. My husband now swears that it was the first time he has gotten serious relief on several of his fingers in years.

To say the least, my husband and I are now true believers for this still-hokey looking but effective device by Omron. My husband is happy to finally find something that is giving him some relief for his hands especially. We are still experimenting with placement for his hands, but so far we have been successful even with our bumbling efforts to get some relief for his joints.

Omron's ElectroTHERAPY pain relief is the real deal in a silly looking package. While it's not a miracle worker, it does give viable results. I enjoy the deep muscle massage it provides, my husband is enjoying the pain relief it offers his hands.

Good to know:
- Runs on AAA batteries that are included.
- The Long Life Pads are reusable and cleanable. The sticky stuff on the pads remind me of the sticky jelly toys that are washable. It comes with a tray to store, but I also reuse plastic sheet that originally covers the pads to keep the sticky surface dust free as possible.
- The Long Life Pads are replaceable for a reasonable price. Omron Electro Therapy Life Long Pads
- The device uses electro therapy. In other words, it is using electricity to shock your muscles/joints, so use wisely and heed the precautions.
- Start at level one and ease into the higher level. It can very quickly goes from comfortable to shockingly uncomfortable from one level to the next. My max level for my shoulder was 2; my husband for his leg is 3, but for his hands is 2. Each body part is going to have a different level that it finds comfortable.
- The controller device feels cheap but looks nice (except for when it's connected to the pads, then it's laughable), but is decently built and easy to operate. Flashing lights tell you which program your using and at what level.
- The clip used to keep the pads plugged into the controller is the oddest thing I've ever seen and I'm surprised that anyone would let a product go to market like that. I guess this was the cost effective way to have secure fit. This clip does partially cover the power button, but not so much where you can't use it. I'm posting pics so you can see what I'm talking about.
- It automatically shuts off after 15 minutes.

When used properly, the Omron Electrotherapy pain relief device offers a viable solution to your aches and pains. No doubt, not everyone will have the same results. However, for us, it's been one of the best little finds out there.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 22, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
I was amazed tonight when I realized that my sciatica pain disappeared after using the Omron electroTHERAPY Pain Relief Device PM3030 on and off all afternoon. Directions say use for no more than two 15-min. cycles, so I would take a short (20-40 min.) break after 2 cycles and then turn it on again. I left the pads in place on my low back with the skinny, comfortable wires in place (connected to 2 pads and the other end to the device with the handy clip, which I kept in my blue jean pocket)...while I was standing, sitting, and moving around in the house. This device is well-designed, small, portable, and simple to use. You pick your electro-stim strength once the 2 pads are in place, and can easily adjust strength of current as needed, up or down. It can be adjusted/powerful just like I have gotten in my chiropractor's office. I am very impressed! The sticky gel pads can be easily re-used up to 150 times with careful handling. The battery hasn't even slowed down even after hubby and I have used it a total of maybe 50 times (neck, back, knee) in 3 days!! He is 66, I am 59. I am so impressed and happy with this simple, effective pain-killing gadget that I just ordered 2 more devices that come with 2 pads, plus ordered 2 sets of pads since I know that the whole family will be borrowing/using these a lot for neck, shoulder, back, and/or knee spasms/pain once they try it! Did I forget to mention that there are a few different sensations/electro-current patterns during the 15 minute cycle?? Really nice! -A.S., Calif
on February 13, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
As an MD, and one with chronic back issues, my first reaction was what a piece of junk.
I tried it for my back and R shoulder.I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of application, battery choice ( 2-aaa) and utility. Very lightweight. The unit worked well on my should bursitis and back muscle strain.
My only complaint is dual sets of electrodes would have been better but once you see the unit, you can easily see why it was constructed in this manner...4 stars!
on February 13, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
I have RA and was tired of the pills, with this device I am able to at least cut back on the meds. I used to have physical therapy and it worked great. Asked if I could but the little hand held unit and was told not available at that time. I have used this on a daily basis. Works for me. Thank you so much.
on January 16, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h x
I bought this for my husband who suffers from repetitive motion strain from driving a semi long hours. He had TENS therapy for a rotator injury a few years ago and swore it worked wonders, so I figured this reasonably priced unit was worth a try.

Within moments of unwrapping, the electrodes were in place on his chronically sore shoulder (some trial and error with placement and strength... a lot of giggling and "Whoa! Too Much!") And 15 minutes later, he was showing off his range of motion like a teenager and urging me to try it on myself.

I stand all day in a pharmacy, and despite great shoes, I get tendon pain in my left foot after 9 hours. We put one pad on top of the pain site, and the other directly below, on the sole. Experimented again with placement and settings, and I swear my foot felt better than it has in years!

So, we're believers at this point, but how much is due to suggestability?

Enter the small dog, who has a neural condition in his spine. "Let's try it on him!"

I held the dog and we wrapped the pads in plastic (sticky and fur don't mix). When he was relaxed, my husband held the pads on either side of his spine. At first, he was confused, but with petting and reassurance, we gradually increased the setting and he did what he does best: He fell asleep.

When the treatment was over, we woke him and put him down... and damned if he didn't bounce around like a puppy! The next day, he was still highly active and (more importantly) he kept bowel control all day! A miracle!

Now, a dog is immune to the "placebo effect", so I have to conclude, this device IS effective and we will happily keep using it! Well done, Omron!
on October 21, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
I have waited 22yrs to buy a tens unit. Back in 1992 I had reconstructive surgery for a torn ACL. When the doctor was done he placed the electrical connectors to my knee and sent me home with a tens unit. I didn't even know what it was for until it stopped working and I had to get a replacement. Over the years my knee has only gotten worse because the doctor took out all the cartilage and I have been walking bone on bone. A few years back I went to 3 different surgeons hoping they would offer me some kind of pain relief. Only one did anything and that was to give me a shot of cortisone. When it wore off I was in more pain than ever. When I recently saw a TV add for this Omron unit I knew I had to try one. Only two places had them for sale Amazon and Walmart and Amazon was cheaper. Best thing about Amazon is you can compare all the units they have to offer, and read reviews. I stayed with this one because the pads last for 150 sessions. Got it today and already I could not be happier. Tried it on my knee, lower back, and my calf muscle on my bad leg. It does not seem like much when you get it, but it works and thats all I care about.
on December 26, 2014
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
Do not buy. The maker does not offer replacement wires for the easily broken ones that come with the unit.
on April 13, 2013
Size Name: 7.5000" l x 3.5000" w x 1.7500" h xVerified Purchase
Bought on lightning deal. Worked once without problems. After first use, pads won't stay on, unit turns on but no pulsing from either pad. Changed batteries and it worked after multiple on/off cycling, but only once. Afterwards, I got pulse from one pad then it quit. So, in summary it worked twice. Not worth the effort.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...