5.0 out of 5 stars Brought me back to the Lord

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
Published on December 27, 2003 by koranda

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought me back to the Lord, August 16, 2004
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
I have been reading Karen Kingbury's works for over a year now and while I figure out the ending (which is usually predictable in the beginning) I am never disappointed. The first book I ever read was One Tuesday Morning and now the latest book I have finished is On Every Side. I have, by virtue of a couple of "fake-Christians" decided that God and Jesus were just too much for me. That how could I put faith and trust into something where so many people are closeminded, jugemental, and un-Christianlike. But in reading this book and seeing myself in Jordan, I realized that the Lord is none of those things and being Christian is more about my personal relationship with Him and not what everyone else seems to be with Him. This book brought me back to the Lord and while I won't repeat the story here, I will say, if you are struggling with your faith, please read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, August 17, 2003
Karen (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
I absolutely loved "On Every Side"! Once again Karen Kingsbury has written a book that, in the beginning, things look hopeless, but by the end, you feel completely fulfilled with how everything turns out.
"On Every Side" is about two people who are fighting for a statue of Jesus; one person, Faith, who will do anything to keep the statue where it is, and an attorney, Jordan, who is dedicated to fighting anything that has to do with Christianity or God. However, when Jordan begins his battle, he doesn't realize who his main opposition will be: Faith, his best friend from years ago.
As always with Karen Kingsbury's books, you feel as though you know the characters and are a part of the book. And while Jordan appears to be the enemy, you learn about his painful past and why he is determined to fight against God. I loved all the main characters- they were just wonderful! This was such a likeable book. Once I began reading it, I couldn't put it down! There is also an interesting connection between the names of many characters and the Bible, which comes out later in the book.
If you've read other books by this author, you won't be disappointed with "On Every Side". Or if this author is new to you, read this book and you'll probably be hooked! I highly recommend reading this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, December 27, 2003
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
Even though you knew going in how it was all going to end, this could have been a very enjoyable book. HOWEVER, what ruined it for me was how similar it was to A Moment of Weakness. Two people who were in love as young adolescents, suddenly torn apart. They lose each other. They go seperate ways. One is devout, one is running from God. They meet up again years later, and after a series of misunderstandings they find that they were destined to be together and fall in love again. Now, that is just the start-up to A Moment of Weakness - it then goes into a whole second plot, with its' own twists. In On Every Side, however, that is pretty much it. It is a nice story. It is a sweet story. That's about it. I believe the author was trying to provoke emotion about our religious freedoms being eroded (for more information on that read David Limbaugh's new book Persecution - excellent). All in all, if you haven't read A Moment of Weakness, you'll probably really enjoy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome parallel with the story of Joshua (in the Bible) and heart wrenching emotions!!!, March 17, 2006
LT "READER1000" (Winfield, WV USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
Karen Kingsbury is extremely talented! I don't know how she does it with EVERY book! I loved the real life charactars and the way that they came back to God. I really felt like I was fealing the actual emotions of the charactars. It wasn't just a light little love story. It was deep with conflict and emotions. I also loved how Kingsbury based this book about the Bible charactar Joshua. This book also was good because it had some legal stuff in it that I thought was interesting. This is one of the best books I have read and I have read a lot of books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian sensorship...it's happening now!, January 18, 2007
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
I enjoy Karen Kingsbury books so very much. They are always entertaining and I can relate to her characters. However I am amazed at the way Karen took the subject of sensorship of a Christian topic and made it come alive. America is in the midddle of this very thing happening and American people had better wake up or we just may find we have nothing to say in matters of being a Christian in a very un-Christian nation....the United States. I so hope it doesn't happen! Read this book and take it to heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars And the walls came tumbling down, August 19, 2001
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
Anyone that has ever felt as though there were walls up around their hearts...should read this book! It brought walls around my heart crashing down. On Every Side broght me closer to the Lord than I ever thought I could get. Way to go Karen Kingsbury, another incredible story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Relative to any situation!, March 4, 2005
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
Karen Kingsbury has a wonderful way of making you relate to each and every character. She is an amazing writer with a true gift from God. Very personable and caring, she has always responded to my emails of thanks. Her heart for the Lord and revealing him to a mass audience is truly visable in her stories! Grab a box of tissue. . . . .And if you loved this, you will love "Oceans Apart."

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute "Must Read", December 19, 2001
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
This is one of the best pieces of fiction I have ever read. The emotions are non-stop from beginning to end. I could feel the pain and the hurts that these characters were going through because the author did such a good job at bringing them to life. It's not just another love story, but a story of justice and sacrifice, of standing up for what you believe in, no matter the cost, and trusting God to honor that stand. I am deeply moved by the strength and innocence of Faith and it convicted me in many ways to realize that I need to be more like her. I can hardly wait to read more of Karen Kingsbury's books.

2.0 out of 5 stars The worst job of proof reading ever, May 8, 2010
This review is from: On Every Side (Kindle Edition)
This is a decent book if it weren't for the fact that there are literally hundreds of misspelled words and hyphens where they don't belong. Basically, someone scanned a paper book, ran it through an OCR process and then never bothered to clean up the text. It's a mess and if you don't want to decrypt a book in order to read it I'd stay away from this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karen Kingsbury has done it again!!!, February 26, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: On Every Side (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Karen Kingsbury. Her books are modern and full of today's real life situations that plague Christians everyday. In her latest book, "On Every Side", she has once again managed to bring across a very important issue and wind it around a very touching love story that leaves you feeling that if you just believe, anything is possible with God on your side. A real page turner to the very end, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves Christian fiction, even if a romance is not exactly what you read.

On Every Side
On Every Side by Karen Kingsbury (Paperback - September 15, 2006)
$14.99 $13.17