From the Back Cover
"This is the path to true liberation: how to handle all those hard-earned dollars. Or make do with what you've got. And if I were a modern boy, I'd put on a wig and buy one as well. We all need this guidebook."
- Lynn Sherr: ABC News Correspondent & Author of OUTSIDE THE BOX: A Memoir
"ON MY OWN TWO FEET is a must-read for all women who want to own their own destiny. In clear, penetrating prose, Thakor and Kedar guide their readers along the journey to financial security and personal freedom. Whether you are going to run a corporation, a household, or your own extraordinary life, this book is indispensable."
- Nancy F. Koehn: James E. Robison Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
"A real page turner - and that's not something typically said about personal finance books! ON MY OWN TWO FEET is chock full of powerful, straightforward advice about how to take charge of your financial future. Trust me, you can't afford to miss this book."
- Denise Brosseau: Co-Founder, Forum for Women Entrepreneurs
"ON MY OWN TWO FEET is the financial equivalent of the basic black dress and red handbag in every woman's closet. Choose it early and use it often for maximum positive effects. I mentor many young women, and this book will be one of my recommended financial tools as they build for future professional and personal dreams."
- Betsy Heller Cohen: Vice President & Futurist, Nestle Purina Petcare Company
"If you've got a nagging sense of needing to put your financial life in order but dread facing up to it, ON MY OWN TWO FEET gives you the solid, straightforward advice you need, in a brief and super-efficient manner. This guide is an excellent place to start when you don't know where to begin (and don't even feel like getting going!)"
- Shira Boss: Author of GREEN WITH ENVY: A Whole New Way to Look at Financial (un)Happiness