5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful message
Published on October 24, 2007 by Jan's Info

3.0 out of 5 stars Production Mistake - Board Book Version
Update: From the comments I've received, it appears this issue is fixed.

Published on April 23, 2010 by A. Bolander

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful message, October 24, 2007
This book's powerful message could change the way the children in the world see themselves. This is truly the bedtime stories to end all bedtime stories. When I read it to my daughter again and again, he always feels so special. Wish it could be handed out to new parents as they leave the hospital. Thank you to the author for giving us this special memory. The artwork is also beautiful! Another special title that I recommend above all other children books is Why Some Cats are Rascals ( Book 3).

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book terrific for even an adoptive child too!, February 6, 2006
When I saw this book I thought oh, I bet this is an absolutely wonderful book for any child who receives it...but I won't be able to read it to my daughter who was "born in my heart & in another mother's tummy". With both my sister and sister-in-law are pregnant I wanted to check out this book and see if my thoughts on this book where the same as the other reviewers.

Not only did I fall in love with this book, but I was also very surprised that this book also can be given to your adoptive child as well! Unlike other books this book focuses completely on your child and not on her or his birthmother. This book speaks of how special your child is, that there is no other child exactly like them and shows you how the world, moon and animals celebrated the night your child was born.

The illustrations are beautiful and some even have musical notes that swirl about the page. The baby is in a basket and you never see the it's face. The words are pure poetry, speaking to the child in all of us on how special, how rare and how there is only one of each of us IN THE WHOLE WORLD!

An awesome book that every child should be given and read to until they know without a doubt of how special they are! Adults too could learn much from this book! And if you are giving this book as a baby shower gift.... you have picked one of the best baby gifts out there in the world today!

PS: Another wonderful book is Twelve Gifts of Birth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Production Mistake - Board Book Version, April 23, 2010
This review is from: On the Night You Were Born (Board book)
Update: From the comments I've received, it appears this issue is fixed.

Old review: I love this book's illustrations and beautiful message, but there is a production mistake in the board book version. The beautiful pictures are so abstract that it may be hard to realize that the pictures and text don't line up! The text for a picture is printed on the other side of the same page, so they can't be viewed at the same time. Everything is one page off. For example, you read about the baby's toes, but there's a picture of geese there. Then when you turn the page, there's the baby's toes. I also have the hardcover, and it does not have this issue. Buy the original hardcover version instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every child should be read this book, December 15, 2005
L. Fort "lkfort" (Houston, MN United States) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful book! Every child needs to be read this book, slowly so the words sink in. They need to know that they are loved and special. I am a new grandma, my granddaughters are ages 3 and 4, they will be read this book over and over again.

thank you Ms. Tillman

5.0 out of 5 stars If you could only buy 1 book for your child, this is it!, August 23, 2007
The minute I first read this book, I knew I had to get a copy for each of my children. Certainly, I would have liked to get it when they were infants, but it hadn't been written. And the feelings their entrances into my life were no less miraculous now than at their births, so I ordered a copy for each of my children, now ages 38, 39 and 40.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Wonderful Book Says, "I Love You.", October 24, 2006
You are a very special, unique, one of a kind child, that's the message conveyed in this wonderful book. On the night you were born, the moon smiled with wonder that the stars peeked in to see you. There are many places throughout the book to say your child's name to personalize it, to make it their very own story. It is written in the lovely rhyming verse all children love. Not once had there been such eyes, such a nose, such silly, wiggly, wonderful toes.

In her 4-color illustrations, Ms. Tillman uses geese flying, ladybugs landing, and the moon up at morning to celebrate the birth of a child, it's her hope that even as children grow into adults, whenever they see these events they will be reminded of how valuable they are. The illustrations also contain musical notes floating in the sky, with small messages such as, "You are a miracle." Two giraffes look up at a star filled sky while the moon plays a saxophone surrounded by the words, wonderful...marvelous...you. Instill confidence and self esteem in your child by personalizing each page with their name.

A book your child will cherish for a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gentle picturebook about celebrating the very special night in which the child reading it was born, March 12, 2006
On the Night You Were Born is a gentle picturebook about celebrating the very special night in which the child reading it was born. The rhyming verse and colorful, impressionistic art style blend harmoniously, in this story written to boost self-esteem and cultivate wonder for the celebrations of nature. "So whenever you doubt just how special you are / and you wonder who loves you, how much and you far, / listen for geese honking high in the sky. / (They're singing a song to remember you by.)" An excellent read-aloud storybook right before bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love "On the Night You Were Born", March 24, 2006
My 4 year old daughter received this book for a Christmas Gift. She loves books, and frequently this is the one she picks for us to read before she goes to bed. One of the things she likes most about the book is that when you are reading it, you insert the child's name. She loves hearing her name as part of the story. It makes it very personal. She also loves the beautifully illustrated artwork. It's a great book, and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter in Heaven, September 8, 2013
I gave this book to my daughter Christmas of 2011. At the time, she was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at age 30. I was led to this book because it said so many things about her birth and life I felt. I also felt I would not share another Christmas with her on this earth. This is the anniversary of her death. She died on Sept.8, 2012. I felt my heart stop beating the moment hers did. Before she died, she told me how much she loved this simple book, especially the part about my love finding her wherever she would go. I reminded her of that when I held her hand in the hospital as she took her last breath. This book speaks volumes to the love a mother has for her child.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book for Every Child, November 23, 2006
This is a book that every child should have. It is beautifully illustrated and written. The theme focuses on the special qualities that make each of us an individual, unique in all the world. It would make a wonderful gift for any child - and a gift for any parent to share with their child.

On the Night You Were Born
On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman (Board book - January 19, 2010)
$7.99 $6.45