Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Onaroo Night Owl Portable Night-Light with OK to W..." and save 42% off the $32.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
- Working on a home project? Need some help? Check out Amazon Home Services and get $30 cash back when you book select services. Learn more
Onaroo Night Owl Portable Night-Light with OK to Wake!
|Price:||$32.95 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Soft night-light with three soothing colors: yellow, blue and pink; cool led lighting generates no heat and even turns on automatically during a power outage
- Glows green in the morning (an optional feature that is parent-programmable for any ''ok to wake'' time) when it's ok to come see mom and dad
- Remains lit all night on ac-powered base, without draining any battery power
- Portable When removed from the base Night Owl runs on battery power; Turns off automatically after thirty minutes
- Includes us-spec 120v ac adapter with tree branch base and instruction manual; requires three ordinary aa batteries (not included); runs for approximately three months between battery changes with typical use
- Glows green when it's Ok for child to get out of bed
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Night-Owl Portable Night-Light with OK to Wake!
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Onaroo Night Owl Portable Night-Light with OK to Wake!
OK to Wake! Alarm Clock & Night-Light B00EAHSBV4
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Package Weight||1.1 pounds||0.75 pounds||1.1 pounds||2.4 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. You can't set the owl's "OK to Wake" time in advance, you have to wait until the time you want and then hold the button in for ten seconds. This means you can't use the owl until one day after you bring it home. A big strike for desperate parents.
2. The fact that the owl allows the child to set multiple night-light colors means that it becomes a night-time distraction. My child just played with his owl at night instead of letting it soothe him to sleep.
3. The owl only takes regular AA batteries, which means when the batteries die out, you have to waste another day setting the "OK to Wake" time.
4. The biggest strike, when the green light does finally turn on, it only stays on for 30 minutes. This means if your child sleeps 30 minutes longer than you'd hoped, he'll either just stay in bed wondering if it will ever turn green, or he'll decide that he's no longer listening to this frustrating owl that says he can't leave his bed. One morning, our son woke up and, while waiting for the owl to turn green, he began playing with the button that changes the owl's colors. While attempting to get to the next color, the owl turned green but he hit the button again and missed it. Another time he slept past the green light, and was very frustrated and confused when we went in to get him out of bed.
If this little owl had no night light feature, it would not be such a distraction to our little one.Read more ›
BUT the design is just flawed in some silly, thoughtless ways.
Ok first: the packaging tries to sell the fact that this guy is *not* rechargable as a benefit ("No rechargable battery to run down!") which is totally hooey. If something sits on a base that looks like a charger, you should NOT have to put three (*THREE!!*) double-A batteries into it.
Second: the controls are all via ONE button... a button that doesn't work if the batteries have run down. In other words, if the battery dies, you can't change the light color or set the wake-up time. Fail.
Third: let's talk about the green light "OK to Wake!" feature. You can't actually set the time. Instead, at the time of day that you want to set (say, 7am) you hold the button down for 5 seconds to set. This is totally non-intuitive and odd.
Fourth: When you take the owl off its nest base, the base has small orange lights that illuminate. The owl itself turns off after 30 minutes off the base, but the base itself seems to stay illuminated. FAIL. This means that my son's room is always basked in this creepy orange glow. Near as I can tell, the only way to turn the base off is to unplug it completely.
Look: I realize this is a plastic owl nightlight and I should probably save my outrage for something more important, but I was super excited about this little guy, and he's left me hooting sadly over poor design.
My second problem with this product is that there is one button. It makes using it too hard for adults and too easy for kids to goof up. What kid isn't going to find all kinds of ways to press buttons. So effectively, it's NEVER set to wake up at the right time. Add to that the fact that I can't set it ahead of time, really. You have to set it at the time you want it to go off. We also bought a Kid'Sleep Classic, Blue and it is much easier to set and works much better. Of course, kids can't take that off and snuggle it (though who wants to snuggle a plastic owl whose batteries always run out) and the light is much dimmer, but at least you can set it more effectively.
So now we mostly leave the owl on the charger and it is used like a night light. Pretty expensive for a night light, though.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have the penguin for my 9-year-old daughter and the bear for my 2-year-old son. They absolutely love these night lights. My son asks for his bear when getting into his crib. Read morePublished 9 days ago by K. Rigal
Background: I purchased this product for my preschooler to have for her rest time. In theory, I was going to set it for 2pm as the ok-to-wake time, when the owl would turn green. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Kindle Customer
Did what it promised! What a lifesaver! It is so easy to use, and our (almost) 3 year old LOVES it, has named it, and really responds to the idea. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
I had to give this product one star but would have given none if that was an option. It only lights up when on the base. It doesn't hold a charge off the base. Read morePublished 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
This owl is super cute and my 4 year old loves it. But it makes me crazy. It's super annoying to set the alarm time and you can only set it for the same time everyday. Read morePublished 12 days ago by Morgan L.
This product does not work. We have replaced the batteries a few times and still cannot get the owl to light up unless it's plugged in which means it also doesn't function as an ok... Read morePublished 14 days ago by Laura Aimone
My 3 year old loves her owl, and it is working to teach her to stay in bed longer in the mornings. I think it was very much worth the purchase. Read morePublished 16 days ago by Elizabeth Smith
We went through 4 of these, before we got one that worked, but once we got one that worked, it is amazing!Published 23 days ago by Reader