Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 13, 2013
Living near Nasvhille, TN we are big country music fans. From the Grand Ole Opry to the Ryman to the CMA's, country music is alive and well. The artists sometimes seem larger than life, but they are just regular folks. And many of the country artists got their musical start singing gospel music in church.

County Faith is a beautiful hard cover book with a color photo of each artist. The opposite page contains their favorite or life verse and an explanation of that verse's meaning in their life. There are 56 artists highlighted in the book and they cover the whole realm of country music: young (Scotty McCreery), older (Ray Stevens), male(Rodney Atkins) and female (Miranda Lambert); groups and duos are also included.

While some of these artists perform gospel music, many perform in the secular arena, so it was refreshing to know that they are willing to profess their love for the Bible by sharing their favorite verse.

This book is easy to read and the sections from each artist are one page or less. This could be used as a devotional book along with your own personal Bible reading. With Christmas just around the corner, this book would make an excellent gift for your favorite music fan!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Zondervan. All opinions expressed are my own.
on November 13, 2013
"Country Faith" is a collection of 56 Bible verses that have been selected by 56 country artists. Each artist shares their personal thoughts in regards to the verse that each one has chosen. There is a beautiful photograph of each artist included alongside the passage and reflection shared by each one. The book concludes with the book of Mark being shared along with an encouraging note to think about what verse or passage means the most to you and why and to share that with others as this is the purpose of the book - sharing the Good News. At first I was expecting a little more from this book, a little bit more about the country star and his or her faith, but after rereading the book's description I found that the book fits the description. This book is a beautiful, hardback edition that will make a beautiful gift for any country music fan and would make a great addition to every home as it is a book that can be picked up and paged through offering a bit of encouragement and inspiration!

*Thanks to Booksneeze for the complimentary copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.*
on November 21, 2013
WOW, what a wonderful book. Country Faith is just that, faith of the good ole country. Growing up in the south, North Carolina to be exact, I heart a lot of different things when it came to religion, and what people believed. I always liked how the older generation had so much faith in things of life and God. The south is one place you will find God if you just look around and listen to others around you. I wasnt blessed with Christian parents but something always told me there was something more out there. When my husband decided to go to a bible college here in CO was when my eyes really opened to God and I started seeing that He is here and very much alive. Looking back on my life there were many people who in some way touched me with a story they shared and how strong their faith really was. We all are human and our faith will dwindle sometimes along with our changing beliefs, however God stays the same, He never changes or dwindles.

In Country Faith, each page has a different verse and a country artists view of that verse from what I can tell. Each page gives you insight to all those wonderful men and women who we look up to, learn from the stories of their songs, and wish we could meet. In this book we do in a sense get a glimpse into what they believe and how strong their faith really is. I remember being in my daddy's truck, getting ready to leave to go to a chicken show {yes my dad shows chickens, I've won a few trophies} and he would have the radio on the country station, Alan Jackson would be singing on the radio, he was my first favorite artist, I would sing along to the many songs that came on that station, and I knew all the words, at my 6 year old age. At the time I didnt understand really that songs were stories, but over the years I learned many a thing from those old country singers.

What I really love about this book is that it compiles the old and new artists from country music. You have Alan Jackson, Trisha Yearwood, and Lorrie Morgan to Carrie Underwood, The Band Perry, and Scotty McCreery and some people you may not have heard of before all sharing what they believe and giving you a little insight into their faith.

The book is hardcover and contains 112 pages, the cover is very eye-catching, and it has thoughts from 56 artists. The end gives you a glimpse into the gospel of Mark.

Overall this book is one of the best books I have reviewed. I absolutely love it.
on November 26, 2013
What a fun read of compiled country star's favorite Bible verses. Some of the country stars I had never heard of but many are the ones we hear every day. My favorites were, Miranda Lambert, Sara Evans, and Joanna Smith. They had good things to say. So basically the book is laid out for each page to be a new artist. Their favorite Bible verses is listed and then they artist writes why this is their favorite and how it applies to their life. This is a very sleek nice hardback book with an actual 56 reflections for you to read daily. At the back of the book is an introduction to Mark from the Bible. Honestly it surprised me that many of these artists even had a favorite verse but it's fun to read their outlook on life and view on how different Bible verses are a part of their lives.

"I received this book from Booksneeze for free in exchange for an honest review."
on May 6, 2016
 There's just one problem with the book—the cover is awesome but the INSIDE is where the magic happens. WOW. Whether it's a featured artist like Carrie Underwood, Hunter Hayes, or Miranda Lambert, the layout of this book is simply beautiful. Although we have ours displayed on our coffee table where our guests can't help themselves from lingering over the pages, it'd make a PERFECT "autograph" book if you're heading to CMA Fest or other live event where the artists are performing. Talk about an awesome keepsake. PLUS, the 56 scripture verses and insights from these legendary country stars is nothing short of inspirational. Thanks Country Faith for this wonderful book!!
on February 26, 2014
Country Faith was a beautiful designed devotional book that included a scripture verse from a popular country music artist, a personal story about why they choose that verse, and an artist photo. The book featured country artists like Rodney Atkins, Carrie Underwood, Eric Paslay, Josh Turner, Easton Corbin, Lee Brice, Wynonna, The Band Perry, Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson, Darius Rucker, Lorrie Morgan, Hunter Hayes, Jimmy Wayne, Florida Georgia Line, Sara Evans, Brad Paisley, Trisha Yearwood, Danny Gokey, Lee Greenwood, Lauren Alaina, Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town, Randy Owen from Alabama, Scotty McCreery, Barbara Mandrell, Jamie O’Neal, Craig Morgan, Phil Vassar, Dustin Lynch, and many more. Some of the artists even revealed their personal insights into how a verse inspired a song. Many of the stories shared was about their music career and their faith in God. The back of the book also contained an Introduction to the Book of Mark.

I would recommend this astonishing vibrant devotional to every single country music fan and it is perfect for the country music lover. I was encouraged by the faith that was prevalent throughout the book and how the artist opened up about how their favorite Bible verse has impacted them. I especially liked Josh Turner, Dustin Lynch, Easton Corbin, Carrie Underwood, The Band Perry, and Miranda Lambert’s stories and verses. I liked how Carrie Underwood presented Romans 38-39 and she reminded me of the importance of understanding that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ. No matter my mistakes and failures, God still loves me unconditionally. I also appreciated how Lorrie Morgan choose Psalm 23 to bring her comfort during difficult seasons and the deepest valleys of life. Some of her own was when she lost her father at 16 and her husband, Keith Whitley and God was her shepherd and light through the darkness. I loved how genuine The Band Perry was in stating that James 1:2-4 encouraged to keep perseverating through 12 years of struggling to make it in the music business. What if they would have quit long ago? They realized now that the long journey helped prepare them. It was refreshing to a number of my favorite artists included in this book and I really enjoyed reading this book and flipping through the amazing photos and seeing the different layouts of the pages. This would make a wonderful gift for the country music fans in your life. I highly recommend it!

"I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program."
on February 6, 2014
It’s no secret that long before I was a “musician’s widow” to a musician playing country music, I was a huge country music fan. I mean we’re talking rabid fan. We’re talking the girl people came to in high school to ask the scoop on the latest country music gossip because they knew I’d have researched it all thoroughly already. I could name a song and artist on the radio within seconds. Heck in many cases, I could tell you what kind of car they drove, their favorite food, and the name of their first grade teacher. I was obsessed.

Today, I live in Nashville, consider several artists dear friends, and I have a slightly different look on the country music scene as I did back then. But at heart, I am still a huge fan of the genre. So when Country Faith: 56 Reflections from Today’s Leading Country Music Stars came up for review as part of the BookLook (formerly BookSneeze) program, I jumped on the chance to get it. If I could once tell you an artists favorite food, shouldn’t I know their favorite bible verses?

And, that, my dear friends, is exactly who this book is for… the country music fan who wants to know more about their favorite artists and/or songs. The one that wants to know more about the faith driving many today in the music industry.

Personally, I love this book. It’s a great coffee table book or a gift book. It’s a book you can pick up, open to any page, and just start reading. It features new artists (some even I didn’t recognize!) as well as older established artists. The book’s layout is beautiful, and the stories are inspiring.

I highly recommend this book for any country music fan — hard core or casual alike — who wants to know a little more about the people they hear on the radio.

Notice: I received this book as part of the BookLook program. All opinions are my own.
on January 9, 2014
"Once-A-Day Country Faith: 56 Reflections from Today's Leading Country Music Stars", by Deborah Evans Price, is a slim, beautifully-photographed volume of inspirational thoughts from a generation-crossing group of country music stars. Each of the featured artists has selected their favorite Bible passage, and in a brief, but insightful article, they explain why that verse has so much personal meaning. One of my favorite entertainers, Trisha Yearwood, has placed a Bible verse in the liner notes of every one of her albums since she began her recording career in 1991. It's one of the ways she expresses her faith and gratitude. Singer Billy Dean, another artist whose work I enjoy, chose one of my own favorite verses from CORINTHIANS. Country music favorites like Alan Jackson, Wynonna, Barbara Mandrell, Billy Ray Cyrus, Josh Turner, Carrie Underwood, Charlie Daniels, Miranda Lambert, and many others also offer enlightening and thoughtful reflections. The book concludes by featuring THE GOSPEL OF MARK, a detailed accounting of the amazing ministry of JESUS--including the wisdom of his parables, the miracles he made possible, and the profound legacy of his death and resurrection. "Once-A-Day Country Faith" is a beautiful reminder of living faith and of how each of us experiences our own moments of spiritual inspiration in our everyday lives.

Review Copy Gratis Zondervan Press via Booksneeze
on November 23, 2013
Once-a-day Country Faith compiled by Deborah Evans Price is a compilation of 56 country music stars sharing thoughts on their favorite passages of Scripture.
The page design and artistry of the book is beautiful. Each entry is accompanied by a crisp, creative photograph of the artist. Along with the photo, each page contains the artists’ name, his or her chosen passage of Scripture, and his or her thoughts about that Scripture.
While reading through this compilation, I was inspired to rethink about some of my favorite passages of Scripture and to reflect on what the artists’ shared about theirs. Some of the artists’ reflections were short and simple, but the majority read as though they were honest and well-thought-through, such as Joey Martin Feek and Rory Feek’s, Lorrie Morgan’s, and Danny Gokey’s entries. Some reflections were so filled with the truth and goodness of God’s Word that I noticed tears rising in my eyes. While some Bible verses were repeated, there is a wide array of verses, and this book invites the reader to sit down and reflect and share with artists and fellow believers and seek God through Scripture. Reading spiritual perspectives from the artists we listen to and sing along with on the radio highlights a new dimension of their work.
What makes this book most appealing is its striking design.
I recommend this book to other readers.
[...]
The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book through BookSneeze®. I was not required to write a positive review.
on January 15, 2014
I was recently given the privilege of receiving a copy of the new Once-A-Day Country Faith devotional. I was delightfully impressed. This book compiles writings from a variety of country music stars on their favorite Bible verses. The singers, ranging from Josh Turner and Craig Morgan to Miranda Lambert, Scotty McCreery, and members of Florida Georgia Line, give insight on their lives and their faith through the thoughts that they share. While some of the readings are deeper and more thought-provoking than others, I still found it interesting to read through the devotional and see ways that God has worked in these people through His Word, and even how this has influenced and affected the music and the songs that these people sing and write.
While I found this book to be interesting, it was not excessively challenging or provoking. However, I couldn’t help but realize how great of a gift it would make for someone who is very interested in country music (such as myself). I would especially give it to those who are not believers, as I believe that seeing the truth from God’s Word, and how it affects some of their favorite celebrities, may be an excellent way to witness to them!