Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

78%
22%
Format: School & Library BindingChange

on April 25, 2001
What a beautiful, rich book! I can't believe I've never seen this book before a friend passed it along. Besides magnetizing illustrations, the whole story concept of the cycle of life is sensitive and calming. I as an adult find myself reading and pouring over it again and again. My 4 year old liked it at age 4 and now loves it more than ever. I also like that it was originally written and published in the "Soviet Union" so the perspective is a little different than the usual American fare.
on February 18, 2001
This book was read read to me throughout my childhood, so i am saddened to see such a short synopsis. Granted that is the essence of the story, but what is most important about it, is the sense of interconnectedness in nature that Nathalia illustrates. Many different organisms live in a less glamorous way and often go underappreciated in environmental texts. It's about time that bugs and worms had their say, too. I thoroughly recommend it.
on April 25, 2001
on January 29, 2008
This is my absolute favorite children's book. My twins are 22years old and of all their books this is the one they remember. The illustrations are beautiful!! I have purchased this book for many friends children and the reaction is the same.beautiful
on December 19, 2014
Lovely tale about the circle of life (perhaps the retelling of an oriental folk tale). Simplistic in its presentation but with a much deeper moral theme. Easy for the very young to appreciate. A little disappointing if you are a Spirin fan. Good , but not his best work.
on February 22, 2014
While the illustrations are rather dark and detailed,
the story of the cycle of a tree and the idea that
the earth belongs to everyone is such a good
message, I highly recommend it for its simplicity
and poetic style.
on January 3, 2014
This book is a great way to teach your little child their place in the ecosystem as one of sharing rather than owning. Beautiful illustrations and a poignant story.
on July 3, 2014
My most favorite children's book!
on June 7, 2015