Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Once Upon A Vine: The Secret Stories of California's Artisan Wineries
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2009
What a pleasure this book is, especially with a glass of wine!
I laughed out loud at some of the stories,like the Mr. Toad's ride
at The Terraces vineyard and the llama who was going to
get fired from the Medlock Ames vineyard. It's not like a tour
book in the regular way, but I really do feel now like I've met
these winemakers -- can't wait to visit some of these wineries.
on February 1, 2009
Finally, a book that doesn't make me feel like an
idiot about wine! I love this book -- it's like one big
adventure story, with the author going to these
unique little wineries. It makes wine fun. The stories
are very personal and interesting, and a great
break from all the bad news these days -- great
to enjoy with a glass of chardonnay!
--Julie Tapia
on February 2, 2009
I know practically nothing about wine. Curious but ignorant,
and too lazy to take a wine education course or anything like that.
A friend gave me Once Upon a Vine. And I am amazed at how
much I understand about wineries and the world of wine
after reading its stories, which are really short, which I like.
on February 2, 2009
I am one of those people who've been intimidated by wine. Just never feel comfortable visiting wineries. Once Upon A Vine really gave me a whole new idea about wine and wineries. A toast to Judy Reynolds for a really different wine book.
on January 22, 2009
This book is totally delightful. A quick and illuminating read. Now I know just what wines I want to purchase -- and why!
on February 5, 2009
This very witty, humorous and informative romp with some of California's artisan wineries was a fun, quick read. I treated it like dessert, enjoying just a couple of stories each day. I was moved by the intimacy and vulnerability of many of the winemakers and everyone's obvious no-holds-barred winemaking passion. This book took away all the snobbery I had associated (and feared) with winemaking and now I want to go explore some of these places!
on February 8, 2009
Once Upon a Vine is a treasure. I instantly fell captive to the personal journeys of the people behind these wineries. Judy was brilliant in categorizing the different wineries and her cleverness in chapter title choices made me giggle. This book is educational, inspirational, a treat for everyone, especially us wine lovers!!
on February 10, 2009
Curl up on your most comfortable chair, pour yourself a glass of your favorite wine, place the phone on vibrate and allow all of your senses to experience the wonderfully personal stories about the people behind the wineries, as told masterfully by Judy Reynolds.
on June 4, 2009
I own this book and really love it. I found the stories about the different vineyards fascinating. Wine is so much more than just what fills you glass. I think that this book is perfect for wine lovers and/or anyone who wants to learn alittle bit more about wine.