5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky But Excellent

Published on February 18, 2012 by stigabre

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky But Excellent, December 9, 2011
Hermione (Columbus, OH, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
I downloaded this to my two-year old's Velocity Micro T301 because I have been disappointed in most of the apps that we've gotten so far and I can't tell if it's the apps or the tablet (relatively inexpensive, only runs Android 2.2, and does not support Flash at all). I knew that the Dr. Seuss app that she loves to play with on my iphone 3g was an excellent product, so I decided to look for apps created by Oceanhouse Media. Most of these interactive books are in fact Dr. Seuss, but I saw this and decided to try it since she should be potty training soon. It's excellent! It runs a bit slow but I think that's the tablet, not the app. And I only call it quirky because the shape of the potty the toddler uses is odd--it looks like an old fashioned bedpan, but with only one handle, which makes it look like a giant white cup. I have just been repeating over and over that it is a potty so she'll get it (since my daughter's potty looks like a frog--there is probably no generic "potty" shape anymore). I do intend to download more apps by Oceanhouse.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work with Samsung galaxy tab, February 18, 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
It says compatible but it did not work with my samsung galaxy tab. The amazon customer service rep tried to help and suggested many different ways which included: reinstalling the app, reinstalling the amazon appstore app, clearing my history on the tablet, updating the app, and the same things all over again. Nothing worked. When I tried to turn this app on, it just force-closed on me every single time. Black screen then force-close.

2.0 out of 5 stars A little embarassing, June 26, 2013
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
This book has some inappropriate pictures, like the picture of the kid bending over and you can see the butt hole

5.0 out of 5 stars easy read, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
This is a great book that resembles the original hardback. The song at the end is quirky, but an added bonus. The art is awesome and the story is so easy to follow for the little kids.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
My twins really never liked this, really was a waste of money for us. I wouldn't recommend it to my friends and relatives

4.0 out of 5 stars adorable, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
My two year old has really enjoyed "reading" this book and I think it has helped immensely with her lofty training success.

1.0 out of 5 stars TMI, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
Even cartoon pictures of an anus are not cute. Last thing I want is my little girl trying to find hers.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves this app, June 17, 2014
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
My daughter has this book and loves that the app will read the book to her while I am driving. It also has a song and a read along version. Interactive enough to entertain her, not that she is using the potty, but I think that is more about her than the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
My daughter likes the movie. Now if I could get her potty trained. I used the boy one with my son. My step mom trained my little sister back in the day with this too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Once Upon a Potty: Girl (App)
I adore this book and so does my son. Bonus points for the song, word recognition and especially identifying body parts with adorable little pictures.

Once Upon a Potty: Girl