Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One In The Chamber (Blu-ray + DVD)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Blu-ray|Change

on August 7, 2012
These 2 men together baffled me for a minute but after seeing it it was great and off the wall. There is honor amongst thieves, and even killers. This was done with class. Many may sleep on it but it was worth every minute beginning to end
on September 14, 2012
One in the Chamber is an underrated action-thriller by director William Kaufman. Kaufman is one of a handful of DTV directors to really watch. (The others being Isaac Florentine, Roel Reine, and John Hyams.). Kaufman's action scenes
are always handled carefully, not sloppily, and with a definite, obvious respect for the days when audiences were presented with hand to hand fight scenes that were like mini martial arts demonstrations rather than quickly cut illusions of combat. Kaufman really seems to have respect for the genre. It seems that these days, with very few exceptions, the place to find a good action movie is in the DTV market and Kaufman is definitely one of the directors to watch. Of course, having Dolph Lundgren give one of his more memorable performances in recent years helps a bit too. Let's hope this film is successful enough to call for a sequel.
on August 27, 2012
Ray Carver (Cuba Gooding Jr.) is an assassin for hire in Prague. He is hired by crime boss Mikhail Suverov (Andrew Bicknell) to kill the Tavanian family over a territory issue...it's all about respect. One of the Tavanians survive to the dismay of the Surverov family. This ignites a war. Surverov then hires Aleksey Andreev (Dolph Lundgren) to finish the job. Meanwhile in an ironic twist the Tavanian's hire Carver to kill his former boss the Surverov family.

The two assassins have different approaches. Ray Carver likes to keep a low profile while Aleksey wears Hawaiian shirts and usually comes in the front door. Carver works out, reads the Bible, kills people for hire, and stalks a girl. Dolph Lundgren gives the film some attempted comedy. During the opening credits, they opt to change the fonts and make the "N"s backwards. I thought it might somehow relate to the film, but it wasn't that deep.

Both these stars have done better films and Cuba has certainly done worse. The Eastern Europeans sounded like they learned English by watching Dos Equis beer commercials. The film ends at a point where there could be an interesting sequel if they bothered to hire writers.

PARENTAL GUIDE: F-bomb, near sex, no nudity.
on September 22, 2012
I rent from Amazon weekly. As I was scanning I saw at 2012 thriller starring Cuba Gooding, Jr & Dolph Lundrgren & figured, how bad could it be? We live in a "faster" world now. Movies longer than 2 hours stretch our attention span. We want to be enthralled. We want to try & guess what will happen next. "One In The Chamber" gave me all I wanted & more. I wasn't looking for Oscar Winning performances: I wanted to be entertained for 90 minutes. "One in the Chamber" delivers, both with humor & intrigue. If you appreciate guns, you will see some of the latest & best weapons the armed forces are using now, as well as the "fun" sequences that make these thrillers worth the low price. So? Low on cash? Bored? Kids on your nerves? Rent "One in the Chamber"! It delivers what you want & beats $10-$14 at the theatre, popcorn, & soda.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 22, 2013
Academy Awarding winner Cuba Gooding Jr. (Jerry McGuire,Men of Honor), is a paid assassin who switches targets, in One In The Chamber (2012), an adventure set in Prague, which also features action star Dolph Lundgren (Dark Angel,Men of War). While the story doesn't completely hold together, it benefits from a harder edged tone, as the two stars provide some charisma and energy, in a kind of humdrum crime drama.

Rival underworld gangs are battling over turf, and contract killer Ray Carver (Gooding) is hired by one group, to eliminate members of another gang. After Carver switches sides, and turns on his former employers, they enlist notorious hitman Alexei "the Wolf" Andreev (Lundgren), to complete the job, and also eliminate the duplicitous Carver.

Years previously, Carver apparently killed a man, as his young daughter looked on. Now a young woman also living in Prague, Carver has taken an interest in Janice Knowles (Claudia Bassols), who becomes another pawn in the gang war.

Cuba Gooding Jr. has had an interesting career. Once thought by some to have the potential to go the way of a Denzel Washington, he now seems relegated to B grade movies. With some solid physical skills, Gooding is quite smooth in the action scenes, and along with the steady Dolph Lundgren, elevates One In the Chamber slightly above Anchor Bay's other recent forays into the action genre, Maximum Conviction (2012) and The Package. While not outstanding, it's a decent enough watch for action fans.
on July 22, 2013
Storyline and some parts could have been better, so having two top actors starring pulled it through and did the trick. I rated this an A grade but because of so many great movies out maybe it just put this movie to one side with me. I'm sure there are plenty of other people out there that would disagree with me. Overall not to bad and is a passable movie to watch not a fantastic show and will do until something else comes along. Now go get the munchies put your feet up to rest and sit awhile and see for yourself and be the judge. Enjoy!
on April 3, 2013
First, I love both these guys. Dolph Lundgren has never been much of an actor (in my opinion), but I like him in movies. No idea why. Cuba Gooding Jr has always been someone who I have liked as an actor. I bought this movie because of these two actors, no other reason really. Anyway, they did a great job with this. I would have to say I liked how it was put together. No real bloody parts or anything too aggressive (but then again I'm majorly into horror so that could be a problem to rationally judge what gore is). It's comical in some ways (again my opinion). It wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it all the same.
on July 1, 2013
Good Basic plot well acted characters that could have been more fleshed out but blame the writer not the actors. Good low budget action movie They were very smart to let Dolph Lundgren work out his fight scenes very realistic. Dolph Lundgren and Cuba Gooding Jr make a team. Cuba Gooding Jr has very good at playing the part of a tormented shadow warrior.
on December 13, 2012
Dolph is my favorite action guy, but somehow this movie lacks the pazass of many of his other movies, for example, "An Army of One", "The Minion", or even "Jill the Ripper". Cuba Gooding Jr., as fine an actor there is, I don't believe saved this movie.from being a B- flick. I bought this before seeing it somewhere else just to add it to my collection. If you have two hours it won't be wasted, but see the ones I listed above first!
on December 21, 2013
Dolph Lundgren is a good actor. I love any of action pack movies. I could not have image him and Cuba Gooding, Jr. pairing together in a movie. This is a good movie in which both played their part. My husband and I both enjoyed it.