Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Day On Earth
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on January 15, 2013
In this age of the internet where we are supposedly more connected than any time in history, One Day on Earth serves as an inspirational, yet daunting reminder of the diversity and fragility of our species and planet. Filmed in every country on earth on October 10, 2010, I have never watched a film that captured our similarities as humans, while simultaneously documenting our disparity as nations and cultures. The entitled and the embattled are all present and accounted for, including an overview from beyond earth's atmosphere. I've seen this film three times now, and have come away from each viewing with different lasting impressions. It is a film that is greater than the sum of its many extraordinary parts. I do not wish to give away my favorite moments. I would rather you watch and discover for yourself. I am simply happy this film was made, and look forward to the remaining installments, filmed on 11/11/11 and 12/12/12. As this film was made in every country on earth, so should it be viewed by the people of our planet. Where there is knowledge, there is hope, and One Day on Earth is full of both.
on January 1, 2013
What an interesting idea for a film, and so well executed. A look at the world as a whole, unified, yet so torn apart at the same time. It's hard throughout the film to remember that these events are all occurring on the same day, but once you remind yourself-it's fascinating. It makes you feel so small, but part of something so much bigger than you can relaly imagine.

Overall, a truly unique and inspiring film. Highly recommend.
on May 12, 2013
This could have been much better and it is the sort of thing that I enjoy but the way it was put together was not good. The english subtitles were very difficult to read as they blended in with the background of the photography. By the time I could decipher the subtitles, the picture and subject were already changed on to the next situation. I did not want to put the dvd player constantly on pause myself in order to make it timed right. There was a lot of information thrown at the observer very fast. It seemed that everything was there to make a very good dvd except for this problem.
on May 26, 2016
This is a must see for anyone who loves the topic of people. It's a documentary that covers the life of people around the world on 10/10/10. Sequels cover 11/11/11 and 12/12/12. Very interesting and inspiring.
on February 16, 2013
Truly moving and incredible experience to get a glimpse into a day around the world. Wish there were more movies like this, as the world is an incredible place, and often we take so much of it for granted. Highly recommended.
The story behind the new film "One Day On Earth" is almost more fascinating than the movie itself! The project, which was proposed in 2008, was to have a global community come together and film footage of their native country at some point on October 10, 2010. Meaning to unite universal awareness, heighten interest in growing world concerns, and put environmental activism in the spotlight, the experiment became of interest to groups around the world who wanted to document important social issues. This collaborative media event was followed by one on 11/11/11 and another on 12/12/12. Generating thousands of hours of footage, in every language conceivable, the project has amassed a huge Internet following of those looking to make a difference both locally and on a global scale.

It would be fair to say that "One Day On Earth" is a feature length documentary based on the footage archived from 10/10/10. But in the traditional sense, it is more of a collage style sensory assault. If you were a fan of films such as "Koyaanisqatsi," "Baraka," or the recent "Samsara" (Yes, I'm a fan of Ron Fricke who worked on the first and directed the other two), than you will quickly understand the aesthetic that the film aspires to. The film is structured by editing images together from every country on Earth to achieve an impressive sense of international connectedness. The experience, set to a soundtrack that includes original music from Joseph Minadeo (as well as Paul Simon and other world artists), is meant to provoke and inspire without the use of a conventional narrative or dialogue.

Indeed, "One Day On Earth" begins as an exciting travelogue, a glimpse at exotic lands and customs. But, perhaps, the film is a little too ambitious in the end. By attempting to use so much different footage, its message gets a tad muddled. The film tries to pack in so much commentary, it can veer toward chaos at times. And before some of its more potent themes (immigration, water conservation, religion, and climate concerns to name a few) are fully digested by the viewer or have much impact, they are quickly passed over. I wanted to love "One Day On Earth" as a movie because I think its an important and awareness raising project. But it simply tries to achieve too much in this limited time frame and structure. I give the on-going project 5 stars but the film itself about 3 1/2 stars. I still encourage you to support the film and its messages, but check out the three Ron Fricke films I mentioned for more truly immersive collage style films. KGHarris, 4/13.
on May 4, 2016
Amazing film! So beautifully it connects us all to one another regardless of the differences we love to point out. This film ignited highly emotional responses continually. Watching with the family would make for some incredibly eye opening conversations. It incredible what I take for granted...I plan on making my voyage around this great world we all have the privilege to live in!!! This would be great for everyone. A must see if you ask me :-)
on February 8, 2013
Stumbled across this online and had to share with my students. It's a great reminder that miracles happen every day and life sure is a beautiful and precious thing.
on August 10, 2015
As much as a great movie,this was, I was completely astonished by the way the music and images were all strung together in perfect time and meter!
on December 23, 2012
Fantastic! Great Idea. I put a 2min. video for 2012
I have no words to describe this video.One Day on Earth