5.0 out of 5 stars 1 day to find a husband
One Day To Find A Husband by Shirley Jump
Finn McKeena is one of the best architects in the city for any design needed.
His younger brother is the casanova of the family, a girl every night of the week without even trying
Published on June 29, 2012 by Jbarr5 (julie Barrett)

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't open
I can't review this book since I wasn't able to open my Kindle on my PC after I downloaded this. Not sure what happened but it screwed up my PC Kindle.
Published on August 23, 2012 by Confused

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, July 1, 2012
I found 'One Day to Find a Husband' hard to get into initially as the hero Finn Mckenna was really hard to accept as a hero, he seemed much to business like and not very likeable. How wrong can first impressions be, Finn turned out to be a well rounded character who had shut himself off from the world of Love due to heartbreak. Something I am sure many can relate. His business is in serious trouble and agrees to enter a marriage of convenience in order to get on board with WW CEO Ellie. She gets to adopt a child from a Chinese orphanage and Finn would get his business on track.

Without a husband Ellie can not pass the stringent adoption process, it made me wonder if my parents had to go through a similar thing when they adopted my brother then a few years later me. The marriage of inconvenience works and both get what they want. But they go back to being the people they both were at the start. Yet why is it they still feel so sad and empty without the other.

I will let you all wonder how it ends and if they get together. Some people may take to Finn straight away others may want to hit him with his briefcase, but believe me you want to give Finn a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 day to find a husband, June 29, 2012
One Day To Find A Husband by Shirley Jump
Finn McKeena is one of the best architects in the city for any design needed.
Ellie Winston has just moved from the south to Boston to take over and run her father's architect firm as he's had a heart attack. Problem is people are leaving for other positions with other companies. she has just won a bid for the new hospital and nobody there is qualified to design it for the company.
Finn needs an alliance with Ellie so his company can stay afloat.
He approaches her and will think on it. She needs him to marry her to save her friends child from the China orphanage and counteroffers marriage.
After the marriage they both work on avoiding one another and staying out of each others way. When she learns from her father what went wrong in Finn's previous marriage to cause the divorce he's concerned it may be happening again...
His brothers love giving him a hard time and she's always wanted that type of family life...
I couldn't help but smile when reading about Boston, the rowing and when they guys talk to one another...

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, easy read with feel-god vibe, August 14, 2012
Social media has put me in touch with Shirley Jump and I have since learned that she has an enviable shoe collection and far too much energy, doing desperately unhealthy things like running (and hopefully not in some of those high heels I've seen!). Shirley also offers online writing courses for aspiring authors as well as established writers so when I was offered ARCs for the McKenna Brothers series, I jumped (no pun intended) at the opportunity.

Through no fault of the book, it has taken me weeks to read this first instalment - I was knee deep in my own WIP when it landed in my inbox - but it has been my 'go-to' book whenever I was having downtime and I finally finished it last night, reading the second half in one session. It can only be testimony to Shirley's writing that I had no problem remembering the characters.

I found One Day to Find a Husband to be a pleasant read with a believable plot and well-rounded characters with their own baggage and foibles. The writing was very easy to follow making me want to turn the pages to follow Ellie and Finn through their journey and see if they ever found the courage to make that final step together, although at times I wanted to bang their heads together and make them jump to a happy-ever-after moment sooner. It was also interesting to meet some of the secondary characters knowing that the brothers had stories of their own for me to dive right into, making me wonder who or what would be happening to them too whilst following the main story.

I can't quite put my finger on 'why' but I didn't naturally invest myself in the characters, I stayed more of an outside observer rather than heavily involved in the story which meant I didn't feel the usual peaks and troughs of the roller-coaster ride. Maybe it was because the writing seemed almost too easy to read, with everything spelled out to me and not leaving me with any conclusions to jump to on my own so that I didn't need to think? Maybe it was because I didn't read it in one or two concentrated sessions and instead, spread it over a much longer time span?

To summarise, this is a nice story and I would happily recommend this book to friends as a non-taxing read with an enjoyable feel-good vibe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of smiles - A "Feel Good" sort of book, February 28, 2013
This review is from: One Day to Find a Husband (The McKenna Brothers) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book so much, I bought the other two in the series. Not New York Times best seller work, but good character development, pleasant but challenging relationships, good ending. When you read this kind of book, you look for these elements, and this writer has them in spades!

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't open, August 23, 2012