Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Fine Day
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

Five BEAUTIFUL Stars! Marvelous performances by Britain's 'crossover' star! For those not familiar with the award-winning 31 year old mezzo-soprano Katherine Jenkins, this program may come as a surprise, but the statuesque Welsh beauty is already a huge, multi-million album selling superstar in Europe, winning the first-ever back-to-back Classical Brit Awards. With a beautiful voice that is angelic, clearly recognizable, and capable of overpowering the listener, six albums have gone straight to the top of the British classical album charts and landed among the top of the general music charts, competing with rock and pop stars. Among the seemingly ever-expanding group of classical crossover artists that I have heard, she is among the very best with a dreamy voice and wide range, anchored by a rock solid lower register, that can bring on goosebumps. Covering Broadway show themes, movie themes, classical arias, religious songs, and her native Welsh songs, this is a magnificently generous compilation set of 21 songs with full orchestra and chorus. The 'best of the best' begins with a soaring "Ave Maria" that shows off her unusual 'nuanced vibrato' that is quite a feat in both voice and breath control. The drama of "Phantom of the Opera: Music of the Night" is a beautiful performance. Her fabulous treatment of "The Prayer" is the best of the many versions that I have heard and made it onto my crowded iPod, ahead of the Andrea Bocelli-Celine Dion Golden Globe-winning version. A rapturous, heavenly "Agnus Dei" (Lamb of God) and "Requiem: The Lord is My Sheperd" are examples of the very inspiring religious themes contained herein. And perhaps best of all, a magnificently ascendant "Turandot: Nessun dorma" (No One Shall Sleep). My Highest Recommendation. Five OVERPOWERING Stars! (This review is based on an mp3 download. Trivia: She is also an excellent dancer, appearing as a celebrity contestant on 2012's 'Dancing With The Stars' on ABC TV, teamed with professional dancer Mark Ballas: she went all the way to the final two teams, ultimately losing to NFL football star Donald Driver & his partner.)
on February 25, 2012
If you haven't hear of, nor heard Katherine Jenkins you are missing a great mezzo soprano. She was wide vocal range and does well on so many different styles of music.

She is a rising star, wish she was touring more in the US.
on May 16, 2012
I'm going to have to admit that I think I have a girl crush on this beautiful and talented young woman. I'm not a big fan of opera in general or of female operatic singers in particular, but her voice radiates clarity and emotion. It would be difficult to choose a favorite track from the CD, but her rendition of "The Prayer" is lovely, without the over-wrought angst of the Celine Dion version. "Agnus Dei" will speak to even a pagan heart, and the bonus tracks of Welsh music bring a tear to this Celt's eye. HIGHLY recommend this one.
on October 8, 2012
Katherine Jenkins singing brings joy to the heart and excitment to the ears. This One Fine Day CD has some of her finest work. I will listen to this album many times over the coming years. Her treatment of such beutiful music is inspiring, as the authors intended. Truly 79:30 minutes of pure pleasure.
on June 17, 2013
I love Katherine Jenkins and have four other of her albums. I was hoping for more "show tunes." Her version of "I Could Have Danced All Night" on another album is totally outstanding, and I had the pleasure to hear her sing it live. One Fine Day is another example of her wonderful operatic voice. I enjoy this album because it accentuates my respect for her range and emotion. For a guy who buys old rock and roll albums and has only attended one opera in 63 years, Katherine has converted me to a new appreciation for a genera that I have under appreciated for most of my life.
on December 30, 2012
I love Katherine Jenkins but I probably think after listening to about 4 of her cd's in a row that it was almost burnout for me. That wasn't her fault, that was mine for not breaking up the monotony of the same music with something totally different. She has a beautiful voice and face and body to go along with it. Her command of all the languages she sings is amazing. I was fascinated by her on Dancing with the Stars, especially when they had her sing. This is a lovely CD.
on May 31, 2012
Katherine Jenkins showcases her versatility with selections from Classical, Broadway, and popular music in this delightful album. "One Fine Day" is sure to reward the buyer with many, many fine days.
on September 27, 2012
I have enjoyed it. The first time I heard Katherine Jenkins sing was when I listened to her and Jackie Evancho sing a duet of "Silent Night" which was beautiful. I do not think there is another voice as beautiful and angelic as Jackies'. The duet was beautiful and that was when I really developed a liking for her and wanted to purchase a CD with her and i am glad I did. I also bought her "Sacred Arisas" and that was equally lovely and I am glad I purchased both. This also led me to purchase several more of her CDs and was happy to see she has a Christmas CD out or will be soon. All in all I enjoyed both CDs I purchased, One Fine Day of which this review was to be about. I have purchased all my CDs from Amazon including Jackie Evancho and Sarah Brightman who I also love to listen to. I should mention I also liked the selections she had on both CDs. I tend to go with what is being sung along with who is doing the singing. If I am not particularly fond of the selections I probably would not purchase the CD. I appeciate you giving a list of each CDs selections and then I can better choose which ones I would like to buy.
on July 3, 2012
We learned to know of "Katherine the Great" from the most recent "Dancing with the Stars" series. Clearly Katherine is a highly cultured, and sophisticated performer with finely honed artistic sensibilities. Her consumate dance performances reveal the superb internal sense of artistic expression that she has cultured through her many years of professional development and performance. This is a wonderful album that anyone with musical taste will enjoy tremendously. Congratulations, Katherine on your wonderful achievement.
on July 4, 2012
This is one of the best CD's I have purchased in a very long time. Katherine Jenkins has the most beautiful, amazing voice...I swear she sounds like an angel singing. I recommend this CD very highly!!