5.0 out of 5 stars A Great New Direction for Our Vocal Queen
This is her most fresh-sounding album ever. While different from the direction her albums usually take, as a dedicated fan for the past few years I was not dissapointed by this CD at all.

Published on March 25, 2003 by Rudy Palma

3.0 out of 5 stars Very commercial
Published on April 22, 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great New Direction for Our Vocal Queen, March 25, 2003
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)

"One Heart," the title track, is an astonishingly fresh, excellent piece of ear candy, and the only instantly addictive song on the album besides the initial Top 50 single "I Drove All Night." However, the majority of the recordings soon catch on, such as other essential listenings like "Love Is All We Need," "Faith," the sensual "In His Touch" and the stately "I Know What Love Is." There is such a great variety here. Celine is really broadening her horizons. Until now, her most musically diverse English album was "Unison," her 1990 English debut that had her doing her signature ballads mixed with techno, 80's tinged dance-pop, and even hints of country.

The odd thing about this album is that has a more rock feel than most of Celine's past recordings. The power ballads like "The Power of Love" or "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" are left to gather dust on the recording studio floor as Celine has chosen to put together a more stark recording this time around. Some fans will definitely feel a little disheartened upon listening to "One Heart," but after a few listens they will probably appreciate Celine's new direction rather be unnerved it, just like myself, the typical Celine fan and follower.

All in all, this is definitely an unusual recording for Celine, but it is an excellent departure from what we have been, at times overly, accustomed to expecting from her. One thing I know: This album will continue to grow on me. I look forward to the experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of the best albums i've heard, January 20, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
Celine Dion is just awesome! Despite being in her early 40s, Celine can really sing! Though she's not really into disco (a la Madonna), the albums she's churned out are all great efforts. Say 'A New Day Has Come' for example, it had 17 tracks and really stood out, though i admit the album isn't as good as 'One Heart', this album i'm reviewing right now!

'One Heart' has really heartbreaking songs, ballads, pop hits, and smooth songs that one can just groove to. Of course, Dion talks more about love in '1 Heart', but that doesn't cream up the whole 14-track CD.

1. I Drove All Night (10/10) An awesome opening track! Also a great Dixie Chicks' 1989 cover!

2. Love Is All We Need (8/10) It's a cool, springy pop song, but i don't really like Celine Dion doing Britney!

3. Faith (10/10) A happy ballad!

4. In His Touch (10/10) A touching, soothing ballad about love. Really awesome!

5. One Heart (9/10) Not as good as the other songs, but a really good title track! It's a happy song that anyone can sing to.

6. Stand By Your Side (9.5/10) This song is more on the happy note.

7. Naked (10/10) It starts off promisingly, and though it's a little bit awkward with the lyrics, this song is truly great!

8. Sorry For Love 2003 (8/10) It's hard to choose between the pop version from 'A New Day Has Come', but I really don't like 'Sorry4Love' sung in a more ballad-like tone.

9. Have You Ever Been In Love (8.5/10) Another track taken from 'A New Day Has Come'. It's an ok ballad.

10. Reveal (10/10) Definitely one of the best songs on this album! Very creative melodies, and awkward but rauchy lyrics.

11. Coulda Woulda Shoulda (9/10) More of a song to groove to when your feeling calm and happy on the roads.

12. Forget Me Not (10/10) Though it's less catchy than other songs, it still deserves a full score.

13. I Know What Love Is (10/10) An awesome ballad!

14. Je T'aime Encore (10/10) A great way to end the album, though it's not the best song on the album.

This is truly one of the best albums i've heard. 4 stars!

4.0 out of 5 stars Diva Dion Does Double Duty!!, March 25, 2003
L. Pacheco "BHOC" (Aurora, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
As music diva Celine Dion marks her Las Vegas debut at Caesar's Palace, she hits a career milestone with her second album after "coming back" from a two-year hiatus. This album is good, but a little weaker than her "come-back" album, "A New Day Has Come."
The most prominent songs on the album include the recent single, "I Drove All Night," with it's heavy, up-tempo sound. Celine branches into a younger genre with Britney Spears' sounding "Love is All We Need," which certainly appeals to a younger generation with sound, but adults with the mature lyrics.
The more risque, "Naked," is certainly a song to share with your spouse, but you might want to cover the ears of your children as Dion examines the steamy romance between a couple. In addition to this steamy song, "In His Touch" reveals how a man loves a woman not with words, but "in his touch." Other great songs include "Faith," "Stand by Your Side."
And as always, the diva couldn't do the album without a strong and moving love ballad, "Forget Me Not," which is beautifully recorded and orchestrated well.
The only somewhat disappointments with the album include the addition of "Have You Ever Been in Love," which was also included on "A New Day Has Come." For some reason either Dion or the record company felt a need to add the song again. However, the encore presentation should have been replaced with the song, "All Because of You," which was generously released on a DVD promo in the re-release of "A New Day Has Come" earlier this year.
"All Because of You," can only be heard by playing the CD in your DVD player. It's obvious ommission from this album was a disappointment, especially since the other single on the "New Day Has Come" DVD, "Coulda Woulda Shoulda" is on the new album.
In addition, a remake of "Sorry for Love," is included in One Heart's track list with a much slower version. It could have easily been left off as well, as it doesn't do justice to the upbeat version on A New Day...
The album is not quite as good as "A New Day Has Come," but it will definitely be a fan favorite and a great compliment to Dion's Vegas show. The album is definitely worth the purchase, but don't expect it to outdo its 2002 predecessor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very commercial, April 22, 2003
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
I have always been a huge fan of Celine and always will be but this album was a little disappointing to me. I think her music is becoming too pop-ish. Although there are a few ballads in this CD, I find most of her songs too boring. Yeah, there's a nice beat but so what?? She's not using her range in her voice anymore. My favorite album from her is "Colour of my World". That was one of her best. If you compare that one to One Heart, you can tell what a big difference her songs have become. I understand she's promoting this CD because of her new show in Las Vegas and those Chyrsler commercials. I have to admit this is not very 'Celine'. I hope she goes back to using her real voice again. I'll still listen to One Heart once in a while but I won't wear it out like her earlier CDs.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Celine I Remember, April 2, 2003
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
I was sadly disappointed in Celine Dion's last release and feared a great singer had headed in a bad direction, but her latest album, "One Heart", has ended my fears. This is the Celine I remember - making albums full of great songs sung with passion.

The album is upbeat, with happy, catchy tunes that you will find yourself easily singing along to. Nearly every song here is single material that would be a major hit for almost any artist - a feat which is not new for Celine. While every track is amazing, there are some that simply deserve recognition:

'I Drove All Night': The first single from this album is catchy, with a driving beat and memorable refrain. The story of longing, it's the sound that Celine was shooting for on her last album (a dance song performed with emotion) but failed to get.

'Faith': This is probably my favorite song on the album, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it turn into a radio smash hit. The song is about wanting people to have faith in you, despite your shortcomings. It's something that we all can relate to, and, with a brilliant tune, it will have you singing along.

'One Heart': The title track to Celine's latest is a great testament to the power of the human will. Everyone has been through rough times, but the song offers encouragement to all those who are caught in personal ruts. An upbeat tune about personal strength, combined with a catchy melody, are what make 'One Heart' a great track.

'Naked': This is yet another great track, with an emotional vulnerablity shining through in Celine's vocals. A song full of anxiety, excitement, and honesty, it's a refreshing look at a long-time love.

In "One Heart", Celine has captured what we knew she was capable of all along - singing upbeat tunes with emotion and tenderness, honesty and passion. A few of the tracks on her last album came close, but none of her previous material has been this daring, this refreshing, and this successful. It's the Celine I remember - the Celine that we all knew she could be.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bold New Sound for the Best Selling Female Of All Time, March 25, 2003
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
In the 14 track 'One Heart', Celine offers 12 all new tracks PLUS 'Have You Ever Been In Love', and an all new version of 'Sorry For Love'. The new tracks lay new ground for Celine, offering a low key and much more emotional look into her. Songs like 'Reveal' and 'Naked' are offered for Celine's more mature fans and 'Forget Me Not' is an offering for all those beloved mothers out there. 'In His Touch' and 'I Know What Love Is' will surely satisfy fans who want to hear Celine's staple Ballads and 'Love Is All We Need' is a great dance track reminiscent of some of Prince's work. 'Je T'aime Encore' is a beautiful ENGLISH track unlike any Celine has ever done. In my opinion, the most amazing song on the CD would have to be 'Stand By Your Side' as Celine shows more restraint and emotion than ever before. All in all, 'One Heart' fits easily in most music fans collection, even those who aren't Celine Fans. COMPLETE tackslisting :
1. Drove All Night
2. Love Is All We Need
3. Faith
4. In His Touch
5. One Heart
6. Stand By Your Side
7. Naked
8. Sorry For Love (2003 Version)
9. Have You Ever Beeen In Love
14. Je T'aime Encore

5.0 out of 5 stars One Heart keeps you listening!, March 26, 2003
Alex Hutchins (Aledo, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
What can I say? The first time I listened to ONE HEART I was confused. So, I put it away and watched the A NEW DAY... TV Special on CBS. After the show I was in the Céline mood. So, I listened to "One Heart" again!
I TRUELY LOVE IT! It is genious! It is pop! Vocals are wonderful! She did a GREAT LP!
I was worried at first when I heard she was putting out another English LP after a little less than a year, I was hoping for a French LP. But, rumours started to come up and people were worried! She came through for us again! Je t'aime Céline!
I DROVE ALL NIGHT - The 1st single from the LP. Of course you know it from the Chrysler commercials. The vocals are splendid. 5/5
LOVE IS ALL WE NEED - An up Max Martin tune! (From the writer who did "That's The Way It Is" as well as Britney Spears classics such as "...Baby One More Time","Oops!...I Did It Again",etc). 4/5
FAITH - this song is uptempo. It has a nice message...HAVE FAITH! Not my favourite, but ok! 3/5
IN HIS TOUCH - a 1940's type of ballad. It has mild distortion for the effect. The lyrics are pretty and make me want love! 5/5
ONE HEART - This has to be another one of my favourites! It's happy and pretty poppy! 5/5
STAND BY YOUR SIDE - Probably my least favourite. 2/5
NAKED - This is my second favourite. It makes you want to be in love! It's uptempo ballad. 5/5
SORRY FOR LOVE (2003 VERSION) The ballad version of the song previously released on the "A New Day Has Come" LP. I REALLY LIKE IT! I must confess I wasn't too excited having a recycled song! 4/5
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE - another previously released track from "A New Day Has Come". It's a pretty song, but we've heard it all before! The same exact version! They could hbave at least done alternate vocals! 2/5 (On ANDHC 4/5)
REVEAL - A nice, pretty song! 4/5
COULDA WOULDA SHOULDA - previously released on the A NEW DAY HAS COME LIMITED EDITION CD+DVD 5/5
FORGET ME NOW - This is the "Goodbye's (The Saddest Word) of the LP! Pretty! 5/5
I KNOW WHAT LOVE IS - My MOST FAVOURITE SONG! I love it. I had it in my head all day at school! This is a big ballad. MY FAVOURITE! 5/5!
JE T'AIME ENCORE - I was hoping this soung would be in French, but what can I say. It's a poor song to send the LP. After it's done you're like "huh?"! 2/5
"ONE HEART" is an excellent LP. Makes me proud to be a DION fan!
Get it, you'll love it! I can't wait for her forthcoming music! I LOVE YOU!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Celine's Best, October 30, 2005
Arthur Welborn (Coos Bay, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
I have been a huge fan of Celine's since her English Debut "Unison". Since the early 90's I have bought all of her albums, including the early french albums. Celine's voice is beautiful in her native French or in English. She is also a fantastic live performer...If you have not seen her live, I highly recommend it!!!! Okay now for this album One Heart...It has been a staple in my CD player since the day it was released in 2003. With this album, Celine proves she is just not a ballad singer. She can sing those dance tunes just a good, if not better than anyone out there! I do not ever skip a song on this album...The whole scope of this album is about her deep love and devotion for the man in her life...It is also a very sexy, romantic album...I love her dance re-make of I drove all night...This song is great live...Love is all we need is a good uplifting song...Faith is a great mid tempo song. In his touch is a classic Celine Ballad...One heart is another great dance song...Stand by your side shows off Celines vocal chops...Naked..This song is absolutely on of my favorites..Her voice is very beautiful and the song is sooo sexy!!! Sorry for love was first heard as a dance song on Celine's A New Day Album...Here she turns it into a slow jam...Still good but I prefer the dance version better...Have you ever been in love is another ballad which was also heard on A New Day...Reveal..Another of my favorites and another sexy song...Coulda woulda shoulda is another great dance song....Forget me not is a sweet mid tempo song...I know what love is, is another great Celine ballad...What can I say about Je T'aime Encore...This is a beautiful ballad in English and In french...She performs it in French in her live shows....This album is a must have for any Celine fan!!!

My picks are: I drove all night, One Heart, Naked, Reveal, Coulda Woulda Shoulda, Je T'aime Encore

5.0 out of 5 stars Celine Dion:- "One Heart", September 24, 2005
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
After her comeback "A New Day Has Come", Celine returned with her next English-language studio album, "One Heart". I can honestly say, this is her best English-language set so far. I have only heard one of her French recordings, but I own none. The songs on "One Heart" are either about being in love, wanting to be in love, or needing love, etc. The album faired quite well on the charts, though the singles went nowhere. While the album got #2 in America (and #4 UK; #1 Canada; #6 Germany; #1 France; #6 Australia, and a rather lackluster #27 in Japan), the singles achieved Top 50 status ("I Drove All Night") and outside-the-Billboard-Hot-100 status ("Have You Ever Been In Love?", though the song was first found on her "A New Day Has Come" album). "I Drove All Night/One Heart" was also released as a double A-side single in the United Kingdom, but only achieved #27. "One Heart" - the album - has achieved 2x Platinum in the US since its release in 2003, and has so far sold 8 million worldwide.

1. "I Drove All Night" (10/10)
2. "Love Is All We Need" (10/10)
3. "Faith" (10/10)
4. "In His Touch" (10/10)
5. "One Heart" (10/10)
6. "Stand By Your Side" (10/10)
7. "Naked" (10/10)
8. "Sorry For Love" (2003 Version) (10/10)
9. "Have You Ever Been In Love" (10/10)
10. "Reveal" (10/10)
11. "Coulda Woulda Shouda" (10/10)
12. "Forget Me Not" (10/10)
13. "I Know What Love Is" (10/10)
14. "Je T'aime Encore" (9/10)

"One Heart" actually surpassed my very high expectations. After I heard the singles "I Drove All Night" and "One Heart" and after hearing tracks 2, 3 and 4, I knew I had to have the album. While the first five songs - probably because I'm most fimiliar with them - still remain my fave songs on the album, along with the beautiful "Have You Ever Been In Love", all of the tracks are FANTASTIC, being unique in their own way. While the title track and tracks 1, 2 and 3 are rather uptempo, the rest of the album remains quite laid-back. I thought that "I Drove All Night" and "One Heart" would be two of the album's best tracks, but songs like "Reveal", "Stand By Your Side", "In His Touch" and "Faith" were slightly better. I recommend this album completely from the bottom of my one heart (no pun intended, Celine) to all of those who love Dion's music.

My top three "One Heart" pics:-
3) Stand By Your Side
2) Faith
1) Reveal

5.0 out of 5 stars Change is good.., May 16, 2003
This review is from: One Heart (Audio CD)
Yes, this album is unlike previous Celine albums, but change can be good. Let's face it..the pop music world is a fickle one. If Celine kept producing the same songs from (in my opinion her best albums) "Falling Into You" and "Let's Talk About Love," sure she would keep her same fans, but probably wouldn't win over new ones. The music industry is constantly changing and you have to keep up with it. "One Heart" certainly is a better CD than "A New Day..." "One Heart" has a wide range or music from upbeat songs like "I drove all night" "Love is all we need" and "One Heart," very non-Celine songs like "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda," "Naked," and "Reveal," while sticking to some of her ballad works like "In His Touch" and "I Know What Love Is," which in my opinion is the best song on this CD. I agree with comments that Celine is becoming a bit too commercialized, I mean come on...the Chrysler logo on the inside cover?? Nevertheless, Celine has proved her staying power. She is afterall, the best selling female recording artist in history. Not to mention her huge Vegas show and $100 million contract. No, Celine hasnt sold as many albums since her hiatus from 2000-2002, but hey the lady is still selling millions of albums...where are Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston now? Point blank, music changes and you sometimes have to conform. Celine has in my opinion one of the most powerful voices of our time and towers over the likes of Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Madonna, and well, even Cher.
Basically, this is a great album, just dont go into it expecting another "Falling Into You" album...you'll find yourself let down.

One Heart
One Heart by Celine Dion (Audio CD - 2003)