Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One-Hour Workouts: 50 Swim, Bike, and Run Workouts for Busy Athletes
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Spiral-bound|Change

on August 31, 2010
You get that for which you pay. This book delivers on its promise. None of the workouts are "run for one hour" either. As an active triathlete, I am always looking for workouts to insert into my annual training plan. This book comes with 50 base, tempo, and speed workouts in each discipline. Basically, that gives you five or six workouts you can incorporate into each phase of your training (base, build, peak, etc). In addition, the authors provide advice on almost all the workouts on how to change it up, adapt it to your situation, and create different flavors of the same workout. For those of us that crave variety, this book doesn't have enough workouts to build an entire annual training plan for every distance, but it does have some really good workouts and advice on how to implement them.

I gave this book five stars because it is deserved. What frustrates me, however, is a lack of "advanced workouts" that coaches save for the athletes they are personally training. Even just one or two of those per discipline would have been nice (and that's really the only complaint I could come up with :-). Overall, this book is an excellent value. A few judicious purchases of other books with workouts combined with some internet research, and you'll have everything you need to fill in the workouts for an entire season of triathlon training.
on January 30, 2011
I am new to triathlon training, and I needed some easy-to-grasp "short" workouts to get me started in my training over the winter. I was very impressed with the quality of the book's design & construction (all laminated pages, small enough to bring to the gym with you) and the clarity of the instructions. I can't wait to put these workouts to use!
on June 7, 2011
Even if you don't do tris. this is a great book. Great one hour workouts, I use it all the time. My 2 complaints are 1. some of the workouts are not well explained (like when do you take a rest lap etc) and the other is that it is "sweat proof" not water proof.
Has bonus lifting routines at the back.
on February 27, 2013
I consider myself an Advanced Beginner triathlete, concentrating on sprint length events. I really like this book as I am also a full time employed mother and wife. I can easily get a really good workout in during my lunch...give or take the time it takes to change in and out of work out clothes and of course stop sweating! I also find them easily adaptable to the days that I may need to be out of the gym in 45 min. The inclusion of Gym (indoor) workouts is great too, since we can't always drag our gear all over the place. I highly recommend this training tool.
on December 17, 2012
I like this book as it was great workout ideas and is well organized. I especially like how the pages are sturdy and laminated, spiral bound for easy gym transporting. Need to use it more though as I tend to do my own workouts.
on August 26, 2015
I was really excited to get some other ideas for triathlon workouts, but this book is a bit chaotic and I find I don't really use it. They seem to have collected workout ideas from different people, but didn't take time to format them in a similar fashion to one another. So, it takes a few times to read through a workout to figure out what to do. I really just want to grab a workout & go and not want to have to spend time sorting through the different styles of instructions.
on June 23, 2013
If you want to make sure you're getting everything you can out of a little amount of time while training for a triathlon this book is for you. I'm out of bed by 4:30 and in the pool by 4:40 and can still get to work by 7, even while taking care of all my lady business. It also has given me lots of ideas on how to train so that I don't lose my mind with boredom. I write the swim workout on my arm and it has been really effective. Lots of helpful tips and reasons why you need to incorporate certain aspects into your training, like brick.
on January 5, 2013
This is my first review of anything on Amazon but I wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with this book. As a tri coach, I have workout plans at my fingertips from sprint to full iron distance any time I want. So why did I get this book? I needed something to spice up and give variety to my training. I needed something to get me excited about getting on the track again because 800m yasso's werent doing it anymore. I used one of the workouts the other night at my fall run session and my athletes love the variety. I also loved the very basic explinations on what the workout is and why to do it.

I've been struggling to get back in the water, though I love swimming, because I have done all the same swim workouts for the last 5 years. These 1-hour workouts will get me back to the pool and not have me overwhelmed by a 4000 starting workout.

I'll be adding lots of the workouts in throughout my training and coaching. This isnt a replacement for my program but a supplement for when I need something different.

I think I'll even buy another so that my co-coach can have one for herself!
on July 8, 2012
Great workouts for those with limited time. Variety is key, as well as making the workout worth the effort. Great for athletes and those just needing some fresh workout ideas.
on October 9, 2010
perfect! i can drop in a specific type of wo (endurance, speed, strength for swim, bie, run), when i am in a bit of a hurry (planning wise or workout wise), or i just want to do something different.
love the format.