5.0 out of 5 stars Helps with grief
This book is great. It help people overcome the lose of love ones. I recommend it highly along with the book an Encounter with A Prophet.
Published on July 3, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book
What Did Jesus Really Say-How Christianity Went Astray: [What To Say To A Born Again Christian Fundamentalist, But Never Had The Information] -- by Peter Cayce [2005]

I've been watching John Edward via satellite on various programs for many years. I'm generally a skeptic who is open to what he does, but I have always found him to be genuine. I honestly believe...
Published on February 21, 2010 by Patricia Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps with grief, July 3, 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritually Uplifting, September 6, 2001
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I have to admit that I watched his show, Crossing Over, only once. It was strange, watching a psychic pick people out of a crowd. The show left me wondering how he kept himself focused and how he managed to single out one person at a time.
That one episode intrigued me enough to buy the book, and I was glad that I did. He comes across as down to earth in his book as he does on his show. That makes the book very easy to read and understand.
One Last Time touches everything about his life--his relationship with his family, his healthy skepticism about talking to people from the Other Side, his career in the medical field, his religious faith, and the cases he has experienced. I almost felt like I was there as I was reading the pages, he writes so well.
I was especially touched by Andrew and Mikey, who both died in accidents. Their cases resonated with love and caring for their families. I felt empathy for Mr. Edward when he worried about how his mediumship would affect his standing in the Catholic faith. What impressed me the most about One Last Time was that it wasn't filled with the typical "harps, chariots, and beyond-beautiful" picture of the Other Side like I've read in other celebrity psychic books. He talks about the Other Side as being an infinite place that is full of love and a place where souls can evolve.
He explains what happens to people who commit suicide. Being a survivor, that was especially comforting. At the end, he tells us how we can tap into our own spiritual awareness.
I highly recommend this book for anyone who has an interest in spirituality and anyone who has lost someone close to them. One Last Time is a message of hope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Reading - believable and dynamic, October 11, 1999
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I bought this book after seeing John Edward on the Larry King Live show. He impressed me as he didn't come off as being "above" the rest of us. I found his book to be almost just like you were sitting in the room with him and discussing the subject. I found him to be a fascinating person - and at such a young age; he has many years to go and to assist people who have lost loved ones suddenly to give them the peace of mind that they have reached the other side and are fine. I also
found his experiences with his mother here and beyond to be interesting. I'd recommend this book to anyone who is interested in psychics to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone who has wondered about the after life, November 4, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: One Last Time (Hardcover)
There are few books that I have read on the subject of the afterlife that is as credible and real as "One Last Time". The author John Edward accomplishes this by approaching the subject from his own skeptical veiwpoint, then having to validate to himself and the reader that there is life after death. Each chapter is compelling and mind boggeling at the same time. Chapter 13 "Andrew's Story" will live with me forever, I have re-read this chapter 5 times. If you ever lost someone close to you and wondered "how they are" or "do they see whats happening now" and you want those assurances, then read this book, it will change your life forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars God is energy and so are we, November 1, 2000
Debrah LaRue (Near San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I am no longer confused by the term 'made in their image.' John explains convincingly that humans are all "energy" in the eternal world, so I finally believe in god, though not the Christian God perhaps. This is the most powerful book I have ever read! Proof for the most devoted cynic or skeptic that life after life does exist; Here is the evidence that there are genuine psychics/mediums who can communicate with those who have "crossed over." Mr. Edward gives the living "One Last Time" to hear from their Loved ones through sessions/readings with him. His graphic disclosures are consistent and objective without conflicting with ones' personal faith. I had a "religious experience" upon reading this book and by watching him with an audience. No one will finish this book without feeling changed, validated or at the very least awestruck. If you fear Death or dying, this book allows you to look forward to it. (maybe a little too much) John Edward is a statement for empirical evidence of the sixth sense. The argument for a modern metaphysical "science" has just begun. - as posted on darkpoet.net

5.0 out of 5 stars Answers to Questions, April 28, 2001
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I recently started watching John Edward's TV show, Crossing Over. I must admit I was skeptical about his abilities, but within a few episodes, he convinced me that he is geniunely reconnecting people with their deceased loved ones. I began to think, "I wonder what goes on in his head." I wanted to find out how his conversations with the dead take place and how they evolved to their present level. This book answered those questions for me and many more. I enjoyed John's casual--and SKEPTICAL--approach to his gift. It was a fun, informative read. He doesn't try to give you all the answers to life's mysteries. Rather, he just tells you about some of the wonderful things he's learned through his work. I, for one, am very glad he chose to share them in his book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encounters With the Otherside, December 7, 2000
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
This book begins with background on Edward becoming psychic - as most books by psychics do - and eventually gets to specific stories. Although it is interesting to learn the biographies of different mediums, the bios are rarely as intriguing as the accounts of actual readings. Once the reader gets to the heart of the book, it is hard to put down. This book will be especially helpful for families who have lost young children. It is also a good read for Catholics because Edward, who was raised Catholic, befriends a priest. Edward is comforted by the priest's view that what he has is a gift from God to help people. Edward enforces that he is simply a medium - he is not sure what it looks like or what takes place on the Otherside. He simply sees the spirits and translates their messages. If one is interested in what life is like after you pass from this world, I highly recommend books by Sylvia Browne.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best psychic medium around!!, August 23, 2000
"homewoodcat" (Little Falls, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
One last time ... I don't read many books but I am really intrigued by John Edward abilty to hear messages from loved ones, friends, animals who have crossed over. He is the most honest,down to earth person as a psychic that you can seek to hear a reading from. If you have seen his show on the scifi channel you can see that he really wants to help people to give and a chance for healing in a passing of a loved one for one last time. I have found his book to give me a better understanding that there is life after we crossed over. and that we will be happy on the other side. so we can see ourselves helping the people in our lives cope in moving on when our or their time will come. I hope that readers will benefit from this and give John the avenue to keep doing this for years to come ... I cannot wait for him to come more things on his ability to hear from those who crossed over.. the most honest book there is !!get this you will not be sorry !!! One last time is all you may have !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are grieving, this book will help you find peace., April 19, 2001
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I would have never even glanced at this type of text prior to the tragic, sudden death of my dad. My heart has never borne such woe. Several friends recommended One Last Time as they watched my family and me struggle to continue our own lives without our beloved Father. The reader must be in the "right" place in life to understand the messages conveyed so beautifully and gently by John.
He provides comfort and validation through his own experiences and the experiences of many others whom he has "read;" those who came to him because, like me, life had stopped in its tracks due to the death of a loved one.
Thank you, John, for helping me to see that my Father graces my life EVERY DAY and is ALWAYS with me-- you have validated what I have thought for a long time.
You are truly Heaven sent!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly amazing, August 19, 2000
This review is from: One Last Time (Paperback)
I have been of fan of John Edward since last year when I heard him on a local radio station. I read his book in two days. I could not put it down for a second. It was truly amazing. He really does have a gift. His new show on the Sci-fi channel is also amazing. My husband, who was a HUGE skeptic, now believes in life after death and spirits communicating with us thanks to John Edward. If you don't believe, you will after this book. If you do already believe, John just reinforces it for you. It totally changed my outlook on life. I am very glad that there are people out there like John who have such an incredible gift and share it so generously. I am now trying to get tickets to his show "Crossing Over" on Sci-Fi.

One Last Time
One Last Time by John Edward (Hardcover - December 1, 1998)
Used & New from: $0.01