Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Diary|Change

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on May 13, 2015
A normal journal overwhelms me. All that empty space! I need something finite. This journal fits the bill.

This is my second One Line A Day Five Year Memory Book. I started the first one the day I got it...no reason to wait til Jan 1--that's the beauty of it! I just finished five years and purchased a second one. I really do like the journal because I HATE journaling and this is totally manageable. I write small and don't actually do "one line;" I just write about my day. This is a great journal for anyone who either hates journaling but wants to do it to have something to look back on, or someone who enjoys ruminating over their day and choosing one thing to highlight, or for anyone who just wants to keep a brief ongoing journal.... There is an "If found..." page at the front, and three "Dates to Remember" pages at the back. An attached ribbon makes it easy to keep your place.

The best thing about keeping a journal like this is you can easily look back on what you did on a particular day up to 5 years ago, and you can compare each year. Kind of cool. It's kind of interesting to note coincidences over the years, like I happened to be sick at the same time a few years in a row--weird. And my kids saw a particular movie one year, and three years later saw the sequel, to the day, with the same friends, even though they had moved away!!

Ok, so it's just a journal. But it's nice and small and fits nicely in your night stand--or in your suitcase when you travel.

Why did I take a star away? Because the manufacturer affixes a big sticker label directly on the back of the book, which does not peel off without a fight, and leaves all kinds of crud all over the book. Who wants a book with a giant sticker on it?? And who wants a book with sticky crud all over the back? Well, now I'm stuck with the cruddy back. But it's better than a sticker. My first one did not have this problem. I suspect it may have come with a cardboard label around it instead, or wrapped in plastic. I don't remember. But it is crud-less.

And as for any concerns about how it holds up for 5 years...it is fine. All you are doing is opening it, writing in it for a few seconds, closing it and putting it away. I don't see how it could fall apart from that. I'm sure someone could destroy it, but mine held up great.

It's a good little book. Nice to have, and even though I hate journaling, I've missed the routine of mulling over my day and writing about it right before bed. Now I'm all set for another 5 years!

EDIT: I was able to scrape off the sticker (it was a MESS) with my fingernail, as you can see in the photos, and then use a goo-gone type spray on a paper towel to wipe the sticky guck off. It's fine now. I learned afterwards that if you use a straight edge razor (the kind you scrape paint off windows with) very gently and slowly around the edges of a label, you can work around it and eventually get it off pretty cleanly, then clean the residue with the stuff I used. I'll try that next time I have a massive sticker slapped across the cover of a book. (What were they thinking???)
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 23, 2015
Gorgeous! To be fair I just received it today so I haven't started using it yet but the gilded pages are so nice. It's a tad on the heavy size but for five years I don't know how they could make it any lighter.

The sticker that someone else reporter as very difficult to remove they must have changed because mine peeled off seamlessly. So if you're not a fan of stickers on the back its now easy to remove as you can see in the picture. Mine came off cleanly in one piece and left no residue on the book. Love the book so far!
review image
on February 22, 2013
This is such a cool concept and really nicely made book. The cover is a padded vinyl meant to seem like leather, and the title is embossed in a foil gold which gives it an air of antiquity and importance! Pretty cute.
It's a diminutive little book, which actually is great because it makes it easy to throw into a bag and carry with you to write whenever the fancy strikes.
I began very gung ho with this but kind of lost interest though. The area for writing your 'line' is really small, so literally, one short line is basically all you get. It's a truncated Twitter format basically. But it's cool that it spans five years. I kind wish I had really committed to this and kept writing this last year! Although with only a very very short line, it might be hard to really glean the meaning and memories from the entires...

Neat little gift though!!
on May 7, 2016
The idea is simple. Write a few lines about your day, every day for five years. Each page contains the date at the top and five sections that have a 20__ (you fill in the year) with blank lines. Each section on one page represents a year so that the pages recycle themselves. You will be able to see what you were thinking, feeling, or doing that same day for the next five years. A very cool concept.

This allows one to get "to the point". Great for busy individuals or over-thinkers. It also helps you gauge what is important and what it is you want to highlight about that day in a couple of sentences. I have forgotten to write for a few days but it was easy to catch back up since the diary is so direct. I love the concept. The book is small so it makes storage or travel a breeze.

However, when my copy arrived it, it had been put in a regular box (not a book box) with no plastic cover, just a few of those plastic air bubbles. It had lots of little surface scratches on the outside and an indention on the front cover. Unfortunately the binder is loose in some areas and many of the pages are actually stuck together so you have to carefully pry them apart. It was not in really poor shape but it looked as if it had either been handled roughly or had a rough shipment...Maybe both? Regardless, I am using it. I am enjoying jotting down my day in this little thing.
(Reference: I have had this diary for a few weeks).

(Seller: Amazon.com, LLC).
review image review image review image
on June 29, 2010
This book is exactly as it described - one space a day, every day, for 5 years. It's been a pleasure to write in it every night so far.

The color and design are exactly as described. It gets 4 stars instead of 5 because some of the pages inside are folded/crumpled, which isn't ideal for a new book.
on January 4, 2016
As much as I believe that keeping a journal of some kind is important to your personal well being, I have never been able to develop the habit of writing in one myself for more than a few days before I give up on it. The concept of just writing a sentence or two every day and being able to see where you were or what you were thinking on any given day over the course of five years really appealed to me. This journal is small but I appreciate the size for its ease of portability. The packaging could be a little better as mine arrived with a nic in the gold trimmed pages, though I figure all that gold trimming is bound to be rubbed completely off over the years anyway. I was torn between this and the journals that provide you with a specific question to answer every day, but I think I prefer to write what is important to me at that moment. I am still contemplating getting the other journal as well and writing in both since this little blue book of blank pages has really gotten me excited about writing.
review image review image
on February 24, 2015
Nice little diary. It forces you to summarise your day. I'm using it in conjunction with a longer yearly dairy, so there is some double work, but I don't mind it. Sturdy so far and has nice thick pages that my fountain pen doesn't bleed through.

I recommend it for those accustomed to using Twitter to distill ideas.
on February 28, 2015
I'm on my second year of using this book. It's a really cute idea and makes a good gift. Writing the year every day feels a bit silly and you have to write pretty small to fit your words into the lines provided. Overall I like this product but it's easy to forget about it and having something like this as an app might be more convenient.
on November 28, 2015
The item came in a mail envelope with bubble wraps. It's smaller than expected size of my hand. I bought this bc I wanted to keep a journal or a diary of everything with my new born son, he's 5 months now and I haven't even started. I bought this in hopes that it will make it simple and easy for me to do it. The only drawback is that it starts January 1st so I'll wait until then I don't like to start in the middle of the book. It's only a few lines per day so you don't have to write a lot. If this makes it simple to be able to do everyday for 5 years then it would definitely be worth it. There is also a bookmark to use to know where you left off. I like the simple ness and the colors too. Gold trimmings.
review image review image review image review image
on April 7, 2016
I've been using my book for 3 years now. It has become important to my daily process. Takes just a moment to fill out, and it is fun to go back and read. The only negative (and why I gave it 4 stars) is that the cover could be better quality. After 3 years, my cover started to crack and I was afraid it would break in time. So I took it to a friend who is a professional bookbinder, and he replaced the cover with a real leather one, with the years and my name embossed on it. It is beautiful! I will do this first to my next one, and to the ones I have bought as gifts