Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Format: Diary|Change

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on January 14, 2014
I wish I had noted the dimensions before I ordered this book. It is the size of my hand, which isn't that large. I thought this was more of an A3 size. It really is only big enough for one line a day. I would have liked to include a bit more.

I love that that every day of the month is dated (except for the year which you fill in yourself) so you don't have to start this on Jan 1st 2014. You can start any day of any year. I noticed that having the dates included makes it easy to keep a daily recording of whatever you wish. I use mine as a gardening journal. I can date when I last composted, which seeds I planted when and when I transferred them, when fruit began to grow etc.
on June 11, 2015
I purchased a dozen of these as high school graduation gifts, and also one for myself. I love the idea and the book is well laid out. As some have noted, there is only a small space given for writing the daily "line" and it's hard to keep my thoughts within that space, but the whole idea behind the book is to write just one line a day so I'm OK with that.

My main complaint with this book - and why I give it 3 1/2 stars instead of 5, is there is a huge sticker that covers most of the back cover it explains what the journal is (which is also detailed inside the book) and is intended to be removed after purchase so that you have a good looking journal. It does not peel off as it should. After at least an hour spent removing the sticker (little pieces at a time), I'm left with very sticky glue on the back cover. I've left a damp, soapy rag on it for a half hour and tried to scrape the glue off. I've used Windex and other cleaners. It is coming off little by little but still cannot be set down on anything without sticking - last night I left it on my iPad case and when I picked it up this morning, it lifted the case 6" before dropping it. And that's after all of the work I've put in to get rid of this sticky, gluey mess. What a shame.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2015
I really like the book itself, but the informational sticker on the back takes up the whole back of the book and has been impossible to completely remove. I've taken to scraping it a little with my fingernail every few days. Eventually, I hope to get it all off. The finish is shiny in streaks where the sticker has been removed. Overall, I'm glad I'm actually writing something every day. The space is pretty small, so it lends itself really to just a memory from the day, rather than a brief journal entry.
on February 8, 2013
The quality of this book is great - it's sturdy, classy looking and holds up to regular use. It's tivery small, though, and the spaces for writing are quite cramped. If you really only plan to write "one line a day" it's perfect. On days when you have more than a sentence or two that you want to jot down, it's lacking. Other journals like this I've had had "overflow pages" at the end where you could finish a longer thought - this book would really benefit from that feature.
on January 26, 2016
I LOVE the idea of this and I have been using this starting this year. It's a sweet little journal to use as a daily gratitude journal.

Pros:
Compact, easy to use, stays on the night stand. Unless you have a jerky cat. But I digress . . . . also, it's AWESOME to have 5 years of each day all on one page.

Cons:
The paper quality! GAH!!! This is the ONLY thing I dislike about this journal. It has horrible bleed thru. The only pen I can use is Le Pen. It definitely won't take fountain pen or my favourite Uni-ball Vision pens. I could use pencil, but that gets smudgey over time. So, I will continue to use it, but if you're a fountain pen snob, keep looking.
on November 2, 2013
It's a small and simple book. For someone who can think of something to say. If you want to look back and see what your thoughts were the same day throughout the years. Interesting.... Not sure I would buy this one again...
on June 5, 2016
I love everything about these except the giant sticker on the back that does not remove easily. It took me about 15 minutes to pick the bits of the sticker off and now there is a sticky residue leftover that won't wash away with water. This would be 5 stars if it weren't for the sticker. I bought four of these to give as gifts but now am not sure I want to because of the dang sticker.
on September 15, 2015
The sticker on the back is a huge PAIN. It took a long time to take off and lots of goo gone to get rid of the stickiness. The spaces are a bit small to write much. 2-3 sentences max. If I could go back I would get a different one.
on January 5, 2013
To be honest when this journal arrived in the mail I was a little disappointed. The spine creaks when I flex it, the gold around the outside of the pages was already flecking off and the material the cover is made of feels like some kind of vinyl.

On the plus side, there is enough room to write more than one line per day - something like five or six lines are provided for each day, so it's nice to be able to record several events or a few thoughts for each day.

Overall it's 'just okay'. If I had paid more than $11 I would have returned it, but for now I plan to use it until something a bit nicer comes along. It doesn't strike me as the sort of beautiful keepsake that would last many many years. I'd be surprised if it lasted five years worth of wear and tear!
on January 3, 2013
I saw this journal on a blog and thought it was the perfect baby shower gift, so I ordered it for a friend. But when I got it in the mail, the binding was completely broken and in no condition to give or even use myself. I returned the book ( a really easy process) and bought it at Barns and Noble because the baby shower was that same week. Overall, I love the journal, but recomend buying it at a store or giving yourself extra time in case broken binding is a frequent problem.