Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Love
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 29, 2009
I'm glad I watched the movie BEFORE I read a certain review of it here on Amazon. One Love is an awesome movie and it definitely "inspires feelings of love." I did not find it disappointing at all!!! I paid $14.50 for this movie, I have watched it several times and if I had it to do all over again I would pay the $14.50 again. AND I don't feel "cheated" or "bamboozled"! Wonderful movie, beautiful location and wonderful music! You can't go wrong!
review image
on August 7, 2008
It's strange that someone would give this film a one star review. But then again, everyone has their own different views on things, especially movies. Anyways... I've looked at this film over and over again, and I actually do feel the love connection between Kymani's and Cherine's character. The storyline doesn't only focus on the Romeo and Juliet scenario, but it also touches base on how people see Rasta and Christianity on a whole. Kymani actually touched based on that during the film when he talks about the Rasta livity. Another thing to note is that there are different sectors of Rastafari.. Whether it is Bobo or 12 Tribes. I wouldn't say it's focusing on those elements of Rasta, but mainly the livity (their way of life including spirituality). Many of the points that was touched on is so true, and some people can therefore make a connection to it. An example is the way one looks at a Rastaman being with a Christian woman, or vice versa. You can't escape the feelings of love no matter what religion or belief you may be in. You will always feel that way, and it's up to you in the end to give in to it. I can't give this movie a ONE star... This movie is a must see... as it involves love, a little bit of history, beautiful scenery and music, and reality.

FIVE STARS!!!
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2011
I've watched this movie over and over again. It's a low budget (I think) movie that tells a great story of how two people with different religious beliefs over come those barriers inspite of what the nay sayers thought. It's a very simple but sweet story. The location shots are very nice.

Enjoy!
on October 24, 2011
This movie was great. I watched it a few times. I still love the music to this day, they chose the best music of the time. I like the concept of the movie it really would open your mind to learn the real meaning behind certain religions or just people in general. People often judge not only by the color of the skin but how the person might be dressed but if you take the time to really get to know the person you would find out you had more in common than you would ever believe maybe even the same passions. Awesome movie!
on June 18, 2012
Hey y'all, I think a RASTA just stole my heart! I just watched this movie for the first time EVER and was so captivated. Let me tell you, Ky-Mani is the ish! No disrespect to the other actors, but Ky-Mani... Whew! Yes, I said it. I think a RASTA just stole my heart. This movie was so sweet & beautiful and the final number had me in tears. OMG! Yep, a RASTA just stole my heart!
on March 5, 2013
I love movies n when I saw the price for it. I said to myself that I have to have this movie. I love this movie a lot.
on February 4, 2010
A friend of mine recommended that I see this movie and I"m so happy that she did. I absolutely loved this movie. I think the music was great, the story-line was cool and the cinematography and backdrop of Jamaica itself was breath taking. Being a Jamaican myself, Rastafarians are often the victims of negative stereotype and the movie holds truth to that many family despises them, especially when seeking a Rasta as a "soul" mate. ;o) Definitely check it out. Plus it doesn't hurt that Kymani is a cutie pie. The only problem I had with the movie was, I felt the chemistry between Kymani and Cherine Anderson was a bit off. She looked like his little sister more than a love interest. LOL But overall a great Jamaican film. ;o)
on July 30, 2013
OMG...i rented this movie at Redbox and did not really expect much. I was WRONG. Who is this Ky-Mani guy? he is an awesmoe actor and we need to see more of him. He performance was captivating, real and well perceived as authentic. When I consider all of the classic and iconic movies i.e. Boyz in the Hood, How Stella got her groove back, Ddaddys Little Girl, Love Jones etc...this movie ranks in the same category and in most cases better. I love beach so the scenes of Jamaica were beautiful and a perfect backdrop for this love story. I am definitley buying this movie.
on December 26, 2012
This was a really good love story. I really love how it built up to reveal the events of the storyline.
It is hard to find West Indian movies that are really good. (in my opinion)
on January 12, 2011
I love this movie! This is probably the best movie produced in Jamaica. The soundtrack is awesome and gets you into that feel good mood. ONE LOVE is the best!