Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Beyonce Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$6.99

on May 10, 2005
The MacGregor saga continues with this side trip. ONE MAN'S ART is not about true MacGregors, but extended family. And of course Daniel MacGregor enjoys his role of matchmaker so much and is so efficient in that function, he's not above sharing his skills with extended family.

Any time I hear that a book is about Nora Roberts' MacGregors, I can't wait to read it, knowing that it will be a hit! ONE MAN'S ART is a little different, although still a very good romance, but gives a little less than the actual stories revolving around the MacGregors.

This is the story of Genevieve Grandeau and Grant Campbell, brother to the Campbell married to Alan. There are not many twists and turns as usually indicated by Daniel MacGregor's involvement, but more on the average and predictable side. The background and scenic area are more interesting than the story line and with Roberts' descriptions you can actually see the seascape and feel the ocean spray.

Overall ONE MAN'S ART isn't a very exciting story, but better than most!
on July 4, 2014
book is great read the characters are fun what I did not like was how the heroin turned out to be world famous as did the hero that said I loved how the hero was Asperger's but it was never brought up or even mentioned the traits he displayed just made him read like it . I liked how neither the hero or the heroin was trying to force the other to make a commitment . the man was like able not the sex obsessed jerk Nora has written about flaw that has made me shake my head and try to figure out why the girl would tolerate the basted not just slap the hell out of him and uninvited or initiated nibbling on her lip other then it might cause him to hurt her lip. I love how Nora wrote the book but some time there needs to be a little more reality I probably would have graded it hire except I just read part one of the Brides quartet it was a thousand time better the character were more real even her hero .a laugh and by the end of the book you really do want the couple to get together
on March 27, 2015
Somehow I ended reading this book out of order in the MacGregor series, but it still seemed complete and whole without the context of the other stories. Roberts always spins an incredible, happily ever after tale, which is what make her audience clamor for the next book. If there is any criticism at all, she might have provided just a tiny bit more time explaining why the male protagonist was so surly and moody. But really, it is a Nora Roberts novel. What's not to love.
on November 10, 2015
Some of her trilogies are excellent this was not, I realize it was not a trilogy but for lack of a better word. I would purchase anything with Nora Roberts name on it I have enjoyed so many of her books.
on March 27, 2015
This was a great book....15 years ago. While I am a huge Nora Roberts Fan and love to follow the MacGregor family, I am disappointed that Nora puts a new cover on her old books and then I buy them for full price not realizing I had read them before. Additionally, a lot of her books are dated.
on June 10, 2014
It's not all about art, it's a book about whether there are coincidences, or chance. It's a book about whether you are determined and will stick to goals, or leave it to chance. Lots of talent there. Whether a person wants to mix and mingle and socialize, or be a recluse.
choices choices.
on December 30, 2012
I really enjoyed this book in the MacGregor saga even though the main characters are not MacGregors. As to be expected with most Nora Roberts books the characters do not admit they are in love until the end but I enjoyed the ride. It was also fun to see the MacGregor clan through non-family eyes.
on April 7, 2014
You can't go wrong with any of the McGregor series. Loved them. Love "The McGregor", his manipulation in a good way. The family's ability to expand to include extended members as well as the closely related ones.
on July 11, 2014
I love the MacGregors' stories. I have read all of them three times and I am just now beginning all of them again. Everytime I read Nora Roberts over and over, there is always some that I've missed and she always brings out my emotions. She is one heck of a writer!!
on November 25, 2013
I think I have read this book in Dutch once, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
Genviève, Gennie, is a famous artist, a painter, but after a few years in the limelight, she has embarked on a tour. Her beloved sister died in a car accident a year ago, and suddenly she could not bear to stay in New Orleans any longer. The city is filled with memories of her sweet sister. So now Gennie is on the road, staying where the mood grabs her, and painting. In a different way though, no more veil of mystery over her work, but stark reality.
And now she has found an old small village in Main that has attracted her, and she wants to paint the views and the village. And so Gennie rents a small cottage from the post mistress, and sets out on the lonely drive to it. Only to have her car break down on her in a severe summer storm. Not wanting to stay in her small car, she sets out on foot, thinking the cottage cannot be far from her. Instead, she misses it completely in the dark, and lets herself be guided by the light from another house, the old lighthouse.
The man who opens the door would have just as happily tossed her back outside, but Gennie is not scared of easily. She refuses to leave again, and Grant relents and lets her inside where he even lets her use his shower to warm up again, and makes her something to eat. But Grant really doesn’t want her in his house, or in his life, he loves his solitude, he needs it for his work. Not that he tells anyone what he is doing, he is not after the limelight, he likes the anonymity.

Gennie doesn’t like how Grant is treating her, but she can’t complain, she did barge in on him in the storm. But she is determined to pay him back, and even though he doesn’t want her, she will paint the view at the lighthouse and surroundings on his land. The attraction between them is instantaneous, but neither of them want to give in to it. Grant thinks she is a flighty sociality, with dozens of men at her feet, if he believes all the newspaper articles about her. And Gennie does not know anything at all about Grant as he refuses to talk about himself. He doesn’t even want to tell her what he does for a living. Perhaps he is afraid that she will look down on him, as he uses his art to draw a hugely popular newspaper comic.

Grant’s only sister just got married Alan MacGregor, and to his own surprise, Grant enjoyed spending time with the family. So when Daniel MacGregor invites/orders him to come visit as he has just became grandfather for the first time, Grant accepts. Only, he wants to bring Gennie with him …

Of course Grant and Gennie fall in love, despite their misgivings about each other, but Grant refuses to see it through, Gennie could never be happy with him, living in his remote lighthouse as she is used to the big and noisy New Orleans. So he doesn’t even ask her, he just chases her off when she finally founds out what he does. It will take some serious grovelling to make her come back to him ….

I enjoyed this golden oldie a lot. As stated, I have read it before, but that might have been 20 years ago in Dutch. It was fun to reconnect with all those MacGregors. I have to admit, I don’t understand why Grant was so extremely secretive about himself. Sure, he wanted his privacy, but that does not mean you cannot share something from your past or present. Don’t you want the woman you love know who you really are inside?
Gennie was fun though, she did enjoy a challenge, and she certainly was no doormat, even though she was an innocent. I liked how they were drawn to each other, and fell in love so fast, even though they really did not want it.

A nice story, in a series I love. It is easy to read out of order if you want to. I don’t have them al in English yet, and some have been read so long ago I can’t remember any details, and now I will slowly read some more of those. I am in the mood again for oldfashioned Nora Roberts romances.

8 stars.