5.0 out of 5 stars One Month to Live Guidebook
If you are reading the book then you need to purchase the guidebook. It is a great compliment to the study. The guidebook takes each section making you go deeper into the material. I've really enjoyed it.
Published on December 28, 2009 by Delana Marlene Elliott

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money
Review of "One Month to Live" by Kerry & Chris Shook

This book is disappointing.
It should have been titled, a "Compilation of a pastors sermons". The suggestions & examples are often trivial & obscure. There is no index.
Published on March 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars One Month to Live Guidebook, December 28, 2009
This review is from: One Month to Live Guidebook: To a No-Regrets Life (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, March 13, 2009
D. Dearing (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
If only this book would have come out sooner!! This book has taught me so much about life and myself. Life is short and we sometimes take time for granted. I would recommend this book to everyone. Pastor Kerry and Chris Shook are wonderful people and have a gift that blesses many.

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money, March 5, 2012
Review of "One Month to Live" by Kerry & Chris Shook

This book is disappointing.
As an 84 year old man, I do give active consideration to what I ought to be doing with the limited time I have left. This book was no help.

The main theme seems to be that God, as the Shook's understand Him, has a plan for each of us & we should try to find what that plan is. That may be so, but I, as a believing Christian, I have felt that God expects me to use my free agency & try to develop what talents I might have so I could be of service to others. I should try to control my own destiny, with God's help. Their idea seems too fatalistic for my taste.

Much of the examples are too superficial to have much real meaning to me. Some examples are from boxing, rock climbing, GPS, etc. Another example is their trip to Italy & they had a "painful experience" - different train schedules, difficulties in getting a cab, etc.
My travel experience is just the opposite. I have found it exhilarating to be the "odd man out". I try to understand why things are different, & in many cases better than our way.
Their "painful experiences" seem trivial. This does not compare with the death of a son-in-law in a plane crash, or the loss of energy due to iron deficiency anemia, or a friend that can no longer walk due to old age, etc. I have the feeling that as a pastor he has heard about other people's real tragedies, but, that he has not yet experienced life's real strains.

They assume "intelligent design" & ignore some of the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution, but what does that have to do with "what should I be doing in the limited time left"? I see no conflict between my Christian belief & the facts of evolution. The rapid mutations of bacteria is amazing evidence of genetic changes.

There are many strange statements: page 135 "the worst natural disaster in our nation's history" the 1900 Galveston hurricane. What about Florida hurricanes in recent years, Katrina recently, etc.
What about manmade disasters e.g. 9-!!
Page 147 butterfly's "transparent wings", Several pages: God does not cause painful changes, but He uses them in ways to help us grow?? Etc.
They assume that the reader is an active Christian, no help for any others.
On page 27-28 they say: " - to solve our problems -- Christ says "abide in me" ? So what does that supposed to mean? The list of vagueness is rampant.
I wasted my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for everyone., November 29, 2008
Great book!! Must read for everyone. Take time to read this if you want your life changed forever!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good guide for the book., February 26, 2011
Pam Burwell (Papillion, NE United States) - See all my reviews
This guide will help you stay focused as you go along through the book "One Month to Live." A great resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars It makes you think about what is important in your life!, March 12, 2014
What is my life all about? How should I view the needs of others around me and how should I deal with family and friends and also
those I come in contact with in my daily contacts?

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 28, 2014
Love ít, thanks so much to Pastor Shook. It changes my thinking!!! From now on I will live better !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 26, 2013
connie fielder (MCALLEN, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
Using for a lady's class on Wednesday night. VERY useful...makes you get your priorities in line. Relationships are the most important thing in this life...especially with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good outline, August 18, 2013
I am slow in getting through the whole One Month To Live book, and currently haven't had time to journal. However, I see that it is a well written outline and interactive tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I like this book, April 2, 2013
Unforunately it was not the book I wanted. I wanted the book to read not the guide.
Although the guidebook is good - I still would like to
read the book. Maybe someday I will have enough money
to purchase it.

One Month to Live Guidebook: To a No-Regrets Life
One Month to Live Guidebook: To a No-Regrets Life by Kerry Shook (Paperback - September 16, 2008)
$11.99 $10.39