Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on January 12, 2014
I've enjoyed this game a lot so far and I am finding it to be more fun than the first. The amount of characters that you get to play in this game is immense! Also duplicate coins now serve a purpose and level up coins to a "max" level!

The only draw back I can mention about the hard copy if you buy it from Amazon, like I have done, is the lack of DLC due to the EU region code I suppose. If you buy the digital copy, you'll be able to use the NA DLC that's available.

I am pleased with my purchase but a bit disappointed I cannot see everyone in different outfits.
on December 31, 2013
One Piece has been adapted into many Video Games throughout its series run, but Pirate Warriors 2 stands out as one of the best incarnations. It's an incredible experience, even if it's not an incredible game. Looking past the minor performance issues and less than stellar story, Pirate Warriors 2 is a perfect representation of the Musou genre and a satisfying game for fans.

Musou type games (For Example: Dynasty Warriors and Sengoku Basara) are very popular in Japan, and thus people have been trying to apply the formula to games that really don't benefit. The main idea is that you take control of a powerful hero and you overtake hordes of soldiers in order to capture objectives and defeat the main boss at the end. Most of the combat is done in close range (even ranged characters) against nameless soldiers that stand around waiting to be pummeled. When you apply this type of combat to something like Gundam, it's unbelievable. One Piece, however, makes complete sense. Story wise, marine soldiers or other pirate crews aren't particularly powerful, but they exist and they get blown away. Since this is a Bandai Game, it has more of the Sengoku Basara flair, versus the more realistic effects of Dynasty Warriors. The attacks will get repetitive, but they are true to the heart of the series in every way. For the most part, I haven't seen anything out of character.

The story of the game is a bit lackluster. It's not canonical, which can be a good thing, but it's also way out of the box. This game is trying to give you an experience more than a story -- Enjoy old battlegrounds and face old foes with your newfound powers (it's post time-skip). There are weird match-ups and thrown together plot strings, but you can always just skip the fluff if you can't stand it.

Performance issues are abound. They are minor, but quite noticeable. The PS3 is showing it's age, but Pirate Warriors 2 tries to eek out as much power as possible. You won't notice the usual PS2 quality shaders and lighting, but instead, more modern shadows and coloration. The problem usually shows itself in the form of slowdown when enemies appear. With the character by themselves, you see an instant increase to 60 FPS. As soon as you see a single soldier, 30 FPS. If you face a group of soldiers at a barracks, be prepared to slog through at 24 FPS. Musou games aren't about tight controls, so it's forgivable. Once you clear a few dozen soldiers out (Usually one special move will do it), you're back to reasonable framerates.

The game has an incredible amount of replay value, and it exists digitally for the US. If you're looking for a physical copy, buy one of the European copies from Amazon! The PS3 and this game are both Region Free so there is no issue at all. If you love One Piece, but hate Musou type games, it's still worth giving this game a chance.
on November 17, 2014
My nephew loves this games I just wish they were in english but he is picking up on the lanugage very easy now so I guess its okay.
on April 9, 2015
I am not a happy customer. The product doesn't say if this game is region locked or region free. I bought the game thinking it was region free, only to find out it's region locked for Region 2 ONLY?!?!??! I thought PS3 games (or most of them) were region free?!?!?! Please make sure you add in the title of this product and in the description that this product is REGION 2 ONLY AND WILL NOT WORK ON ANY OTHER REGIONS!!!! I'm Region 1 so this game will not play on my PS3. I am very disappointed because I really wanted to play this game only to find out I can't do that due to the region locked thing on the game.
on January 4, 2015
NO ENGLISH VERSION But my son was OK with it
on May 4, 2015
i am a die hard fan of one piece and to actually play the characters in a Game is just freaking amazing!

Pros -
1) all good
2) pure hack and slash, i love this type of gameplay

Cons
1) wish i could play some of the other characters in the game
on November 13, 2013
Love the show, and love this game. Great choice of characters to be, and levels, also like the online play. Cool that you can put out an S.O.S. for others to help you with a level.
on April 22, 2014
LOVE THE GAME
the RPG effect really adds to the game play
make sure you have an HD compatible TV, not like tube tops even exist anymore
great gameplay
on October 25, 2013
It's much better than I expected & the fact that it's not yet available in my country and I was able to order it makes this game that much more AWESOME! Thank you!!
on December 30, 2013
Exelent fighing mode . I play one piece pirate warriors and i love everything thats why i buy one piece pirate warrios 2 ;-)