Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: One Pot Meals for People with Diabetes
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 12, 2004
This is fabulous cookbook! Cooking has never been my favoirte pastime, and I hate spending a long time in the kitchen. Not only are these recipes fast and easy, they are also enjoyable to make. I've tried several diabetic cookbooks, and the recipes in this one are by far the tastiest. In fact, I like the taste of these recipes more than my "normal" cookbooks. I also love that you get your meat and veggies all in one place without having to put thought into a well balanced meal. It's a wonderful cookbook! I highly recommend it.
0Comment| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2003
I'd rather eat a home-cooked meal than fast food any day of the week. But I hate spending a lot of time in the kitchen. That's why I love this new book-ONE POT MEALS FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES. In most of the recipes, everything goes into one pot or skillet or microwave casserole, although sometimes the authors do make a dish that you serve over rice or pasta. And they expand the definition to whole meal in a bowl salads and hearty meal-sized sandwiches, too.
There are some great recipes here: Italian Chicken with Peppers and Onions, Quick Beef and Bean Chili, Unstuffed Shells (a personal favorite), Navy Bean and Ham Soup, Kung Pao Chicken, "Stuffed" Pepper Stew, Round Steak Pizzaiola, just to name a few.
I like the fact that all the recipes are nutritionally balanced so I don't have to do any thinking about the right combinations. And I also like that there's so much variety-with lots of wonderfully flavored ethnic dishes.
This is a cookbook for anyone interested in healthy cooking.
For people with diabetes who also like to cook this is an excellent cookbook. Not only does it have some delicious recipes and the usual full ingredients and preparations instructions but also has detailed nutritional analysis information. Each recipe has exchange information for those who are watching their diets closely as well as information on calories, saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, fiber, sugars, and proteins. Each of the recipes in this cookbook is a soup, stew, casserole, curry, or other similar meal that can be prepared in one pot, skillet, or slow-cooker. This is a welcome resource to diabetics and others looking to eat healthier. "One Pot Meals for People with Diabetes" is a highly recommended read.
on March 7, 2006
The recipes look very interesting and tasty, however the carb levels are higher than some diabetic diets require. Since it is put out by the ADA I guess that I should have known that in advance.
on April 30, 2008
This is my favorite new cookbook in 20 years. Now, to be totally fair, I'm not much of a cookbook kind of gal. I have a handful of family recipes I usually rotate through without having them written down, and I never cared much for cooking or eating in the first place. I have spent the last two months, though, trying out a large sampling of the recipes in this book, and the whole family loves them. I really like one-pot-meals because I get flustered trying to time too many different pots and pans at once, with a pesky toddler getting into the clean dishes, and older kids asking for help with homework. These recipes are clear and easy and extremely delicious. I can get them done in a very reasonable amount of time. The flavors, variety, and ease of preparation can't be beat. And I love the nutritional breakdown; easy to use, even for those of us new to the nutritional needs of a type I diabetic.
on December 2, 2007
he second edition of ONE POT MEALS FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES has been revised to offer a range of excellent dishes in ten varieties, from skillet dinners and microwave dishes to crockpot and sauce dishes. With sidebars of nutrition, exchange and prep time, it's an excellent reference.
on November 29, 2006
I have tried 7 recipes as of yet and everyone of them are excellent. Everyone should have a copy of this book not just people with diabetes. Very healthy cooking!!!!!
on February 23, 2006
A wonderful compilation of diabetic recipes. Easy to understand, easy to make and delicious. Highly recommend.
on January 28, 2006
With this recipe book you can prepare simple Diabetic meals into one dish or pot as it says. It could have had more pictures of the dishes that the recipes represented, but all in all it is a good book
on February 10, 2008
This is a great cook book. How simple can it be to put every thing in to one pot? Lots of "real food" type recipies in this book as well. I believe this is a great cook book for anyone trying to cut back on fat etc...heathly meals for the entire family.