Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$8.99

on August 1, 2011
One Time Around is not only an excellent read, but the Editorial Review does a great job of giving a solid description of what the book is about. I just recently interviewed Mr. Clipper and I have to admit I was impressed about how accessible he was, and he shared some interesting anecdotes that did not even make the cut for the book. Great reading.
It appears I am one of the first persons to review this book and trust me, I have done my research. Lots of reading, interviews etc. However being the first to review I am not sure whose review I would suggest you read. I had an interesting visit to the bank today. I was talking to the tellers and they started talking about a friend they had who had a Pot Bellied Pig. I mentioned that I had just been researching where to buy game bird feed, and saw a link to Pot Belly Pig feed. I did not read what the ingredients were. One of the tellers told me that she was visiting with the family that had the pig and it started chewing on the cuff of her jeans, and then tore off the buckle of her shoe and proceeded to eat her shoe. She also lost most of the contents of her purse to the pig. So I would guess if you opened a bag of Pot Belly Pig food that you would find old shoes, blue jean pieces and a hodge-podge of purse contents. Curious diet.
In conclusion, One Time Around will leave you as satisfied as a Pot Bellied Pig with a stomach full of shoes.
on August 28, 2012
I was perusing motorcycle travel books when I came across this book. I read the description and found out the arthor and I ride the same motorcycle.
Then I saw that I could download the book for free onto my kindle as a prime member. Well that was the deal breaker. I downloaded the book to my kindle and two minutes later I was reading it in bed..isn't technology great!

Ok so onto the book. It was entertaining, and well written. Usually I take a few weeks to read a book because I'll read a bit then put it down for a few days. With this book I finished it over two days. The author is descriptive enough to make you feel like your there sitting next to him in the cafes spread across small town America. In terms of action and adventure there wasn't much. A normal guy, on a good bike that rode across America and shared his thoughts with you. Is it the best book I've ever read? no it's not , but it's definitely worth a read if you are into travel and motorcycles. To me a good book will have some sort of affect on you, and after reading this book I want to explore Western Nevada and finally make the time to take my V-strom out and have an epic journey.
on October 4, 2011
Paul is a talented writer. He manages to tell the story in a straighforward style, while still leaving lots of room for wry wit, adept observation, and sometimes even just plain-old driping sarcasm. What makes the book a great read though is the candour of the story. This book doesn't romanticize the open road in a way that many do. Whether presenting the frustration of evading thunderstorms, the discomfort of sweltering heat, the disappointment of congested tourist traps, or even just the tireless demands of being on the road, Paul tells it in a way that anyone who has been there can truly understand. If you have rosy visions of escaping your workaday life, of finding yourself out on the open road, and dream of the wind in your hair while experiencing the great American sights, then you need to be grounded by this book. If you've done any amount of real riding, you will find a familliar, agreeable and refreshing friend among the pages of One Time Around.
on August 22, 2011
This is not a heavily introspective wandering where the author achieves a climatic breakthrough that makes the trip worthwhile and gets him to conquer an addiction while getting over the death of his mother. Neither is it a lightweight fru fru travelogue that highlights miles clocked daily and the best place to get a hamburger in Everytown USA's sports bars. This is an every-man's trip with the expected and understandable highs and lows of being on the road. The author's insight and wit is entertaining and keeps the daily updates moving, but to me it is the magic of the small town USA observations that really make this story. The contrast between the joys found from pie in New Mexico compared to the dust bowl in Yosemite highlight the authors connection in spirit with many travelers and the joys found in little things on the road. I kept looking at the map during the read because I felt like I was in the back seat on the Suzuki.

Saddle up for this ride and don't stop until you see a motel sign rimmed in neon.
on December 29, 2012
As a rider, and someone who was looking for something approachable as a foray back into "reading for pleasure", this book fit the bill. Written in "everyman" style, I was able to visualize most of it easily - with bonus points for riding a VStrom - I ride one too ;). There was an appropriate amount of riding detail (broken chains, gas mileage) without falling into a trap that is lined with technical detail overkill
on August 22, 2011
As an aging motorcycle enthusiast, I think I speak for the many aging bikers who have been tempted by the open road, taking each day as it comes. The author captures the essence of such a journey. It's a time to reflect on life while you wander what's around the next bend. He takes you day by day in a way you feel like you are riding with him experiencing the sights, sounds, towns, people, and of course, the weather which makes the prospect of riding over 14,000 miles an incredible feat for this old rider!

In the end I felt his tiredness, but was wishing he would go one more time around.
on November 9, 2012
I enjoyed this read , having a bike and doing some touring around New Zealand , i was interested in the comments of another aged biker ; i'll be 62 soon enough. i have never travelled the states, so more detailed maps, would have made the read that bit more clear.
on March 10, 2013
I've read a few of these adventure tales and although the author didn't go into extensive detail, that really is what his story moving along. Just enough to keep me interested, yet not too much to the point of making me think he takes things too seriously.
on February 4, 2012
I'm not even a rider, but this book made me want to become one. I heard about it from a friend who's an avid rider and reader and, since he's got discriminating tastes in literature, I took his recommendation and picked up this book. I then could not put it down. It is engaging and entertaining. I can't wait to hit the open road--the real one, on a bike this time--and I can't wait for Paul Clipper's next book! Outstanding.
on April 30, 2013
The book seemed perfect for me, a 51 year old taking off this summer myself. While I don't have the time nor the resources that this author had, there was much information to be gleaned from his pages. Great mix of info and story, very illustrative of me when I see a warning light come on in another state, so I felt we shared a lot. Even grew to admire and respect the author throughout the story, both for his clarity and perceived honesty. Would have had another star if he were more like me, which would also likely make him dislike himself so don't let my opinion on this matter curb your enthusiasm. I tend to enjoy life from a Southerner's attitude. Hope for the dream, learn from the transition, but do it with a positive attitude. So that is as much a criticism of me as it is anything else. So, read it; you will love it or like it a lot, you will feel like you were there and like you made a friend. Just have to decide if your new friend is cut from the same cloth as you. If the book weren't written so well on a personal level, this wouldn't even matter. I can give it no better praise in that respect.