Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2012 12:09:30 PM PST
Nina Morway says:
I ordered Shads of Gray and Noble Cause, only to find out they are thesamebook. Very sneaky.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 8:31:30 PM PDT
Melena99 says:
I did the same thing and I am ANGRY!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 11:12:12 AM PDT
I just ran acorss your post and want to apologize for the confusion caused by the two titles. The first, Shades, was self-published, and then picked up by a publisher who wanted a new, happily-ever-after ending, so they only differ in that respect. If you bought the print version and want to send one of them to me, I will be glad to refund your money. If you purchased on Kindle, I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do as far as a refund. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 11:13:02 AM PDT
As I wrote to Nina, I want to apologize for the confusion caused by the two titles. The first, Shades, was self-published, and then picked up by a publisher who wanted a new, happily-ever-after ending, so they only differ in that respect. If you bought the print version and want to send one of them to me, I will be glad to refund your money. If you purchased on Kindle, I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do as far as a refund. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 10:33:31 AM PDT
I loved "Shades of Gray" so I ordered the "supposed" continuation of the story only to find it was the exact same book except for the last 10 or so pages. Now I hate both books...I paid for two and got one book. Last one of this author's books I will ever read. There was nothing wrong with the first book. I consider the "Noble Cause" a "dumbed down" version.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 5:34:22 PM PDT
M. Wysong says:
I have to be honest. I liked Shades of Gray so much that I looked for more from the author. All I had to do was read the description for Noble Cause to realize it was the same book. So, I'm not angry about it, (just disappointed that the author doesn't have more books to buy, [yet!]) It's not unusual for that to happen with books, (or CDs, etc...,) when a publisher or label wants to make the book more popular for a larger audience. Personally, I found the end of Shades of Gray to be heartbreaking, but knowing the noble character of Hunter and the value he found in his men, it made sense. I'll probably purchase Noble Cause at a later date just to read the happy ending, but I suspect the sad ending is a more realistic outcome for a Civil War love affair.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2012 12:36:44 PM PDT
Me too!! I enjoyed Shades of Gray, and thought, Oh, boy....a new one by Jessica James. You just lost a fan, Jessica....I will not buy any more of yours. You can't do your fans this way and expect them to just smile.

Posted on Feb 14, 2013 1:45:35 PM PST
Camba Reader says:
As a man, and with not a lot of time to spare for recreational reading, I'm pretty careful what I get into. I am concerned that only a few men have reviewed the book. Is that because the novel is unfairly lumped with romances, or is it unfairly categorized as a women's novel? Appreciate your feedback.
Ron

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 14, 2013 6:09:49 PM PST
Southern gal says:
It's romantic historical fiction. Some men enjoy it very much, but those who like to read straight historical fiction along the lines of Jeff Shaara may not. Hope that helps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Noble Cause: A Romantic Civil War Novel of Virginia (Hearts Through History Book 1)
Noble Cause: A Romantic Civil War Novel of Virginia (Hearts Through History Book 1) by Jessica James
4.5 out of 5 stars   (184)