5.0 out of 5 stars Half deaf
Published on June 22, 2011 by Sunseeker

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable
I recently lost all the hearing in my right ear. I am having problems with tinnitus and the audiologist recommended I get this style of headphone to use with tinnitus-masking sounds/music, as it allows me to hear other sounds.

Published on May 28, 2012 by Sonja Harken

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Half deaf, June 22, 2011
Sunseeker (Syracuse, Ny) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OneGood - Flexible Earhook Stereo-to-mono Headphone for the Left Ear (old version, replaced by fabric-wrapped version EHPL) (Electronics)
I only have hearing in one ear, so using normal earbuds leave me hearing only part of the music. This unit does as advertised and gives you both stereo channels through one ear. Sound reproduction is surprisingly good, although the bass is not the best- understandable in such a small unit. I find I need to play with the graphic equalizer to get the response I want out of it, but everything from Beethoven to The Who come out well.
My main use for this earbud is with my netbook for traveling so it will get it's first real workout on an upcoming trip. The earbud piece itself is slightly larger than a normal earbud- I think due to it having what appears to be two separate drivers in one bud- but it's comfortable to wear(even with glasses) and fits well.
The seller's response was very fast. I had the item within 4 or 5 days from placing the order. My only complaint was that I was charged $5.60 shipping and it arrived via USPS with $2.51 postage on the envelope!

4.0 out of 5 stars A godsend for people with unilateral deafness., January 21, 2012
I was born deaf in my right ear, so all of my life I've really been missing out on a lot of music because of the way contemporary producers mix music into two channels. I really am a music enthusiast though, but I prefer to listen on my iPod rather than speaker system. Naturally, when I finally found out about this product, it was everything I could have ever wanted.

For the first couple of weeks, this product was straight up awesome. It really was like listening to all of my most favorite songs in a completely different way. The product is comfortable to wear, at least casually, it does tend to fall off if you're doing anything extraneously physical. However, if you're laying in bed chillin' to music, walking to class, or something like that, you should be fine.

My only real complaint off the bat is that even for earbuds at or below the price range, the bass response is very weak. The pair of $6 knockoff buds I had before this had a better sound behind them. I would like to see a future product line that could fix this issue.

Secondly, I don't know why, but lately I've been having trouble getting the left channel to come through, essentially defeating the purpose of the product. I can resolve it by pressing down on the earbuds jack, so it seems that there is something wrong with the connector as if it's coming loose. I've only had the product for three months, which makes it overall disappointing. Arguably though, I do manhandle my iPod/earbud, just because I'm so clumsy, so there's a chance that I just damaged the product in some way. Even if it is a flaw in the product, there's nothing else like this out there, so if I have to buy a new one every three months I don't have much of a problem, since the advantage that the product offers is so important to me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, May 28, 2012

I have no problems with the sound quality and it does work well with the tinnitus masking music, but it is very uncomfortable. It is not flexible at all; it is made from a quite rigid plastic. It doesn't fit my ear properly and you can not bend this to make it fit better. After an hour my ear feels sore and tender.

I have seen other over-the-ear headphones that are truly flexible, but none that are made for a single ear. The ones for two ears are cheaper!! That doesn't make sense. I'm hoping my ear will get used to it.

2.0 out of 5 stars let=side earbud, March 22, 2012
The problem with this product is that the loop that goes around the ear, holing the earbud in place is too weak to hold the earbud firmly in place against the ear canal, resulting in a loss of volume and especially the bass tone. A good "seal" cannot be achieved. One can manually hold the earbud in place, but having to do that keeps on from doing computer work at the same time and to me, defeats the prupose of the device .

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Quiet & Won't Stay On, October 27, 2011
I ordered this for use on my bicycle & my motorcycle. The first thing I noticed was that I had to turn my Creative Zen's volume all the way to 25 to be able to hear it well. My other earhook headphones are JVCs & are plenty loud at 14. The second thing was that it simply won't stay on my ear. Almost any movement dislodges it, so I can't use it on the bicycle. On the plus side, I can put my motorcycle helmet on without knocking it off, if I'm careful, & the helmet keeps it on. Unfortunately, it's so quiet I can barely hear it even with the engine off. Bottom line, this was a total waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple Issues - Solved, June 29, 2011
I just received two, One Good Earbuds that I ordered. The sound quality is excellent. Here are the issues that these should solve:

1) When recording a podcast with two, in-studio hosts and one or more guests via Skype, the guests' audio will no longer loop back on them via the in-studio USB condenser mic if both in-studio hosts are using the Earbuds (via a splitter)

2) On one-on-one Skype calls, I will no longer look like a headset wearing DJ

3) While reviewing online video or audio content at work, I'll be able to pause and speak to a co-worker without having to pull one of two stereo buds from one ear in order to hear the co-worker

4) At home, while listening to or viewing content, I'll be able to hear and speak to my wife and kids - with our without pausing

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesn't work, February 4, 2013
When I received this, the packaging had a thin film of oil on it and some oil was visible inside the packaging. Strange and not at all what I wanted, so I started the process of returning it. Then the holidays happened and it got buried in the back of my mind for a while and I missed my RMA return window. I recently found it and realized it was too late to send it back, so, might as well wipe it off and use it, I guess.

Good news, the oil came of easily. Bad news, it just doesn't work. I've plugged it into a variety of devices and, without fail, it fails. No audio of any sort has yet to come out of the earpiece.

Also, it's uncomfortable. There's a crease on the part that lays against the top of your ear that doesn't fit me well. Also, they're not really adjustable. You can rock them back and forth a bit to get the earbud piece into your ear canal, but it's not really that great of a fit. Finally, the earbud itself has some rough seams that can easily be felt in the ear.

So, to review. Oily packaging. Doesn't work. I'm not sure there's much more to say about it than that. It might be that the malfunction was caused by the oil, but, really, that's a small consolation. The fit problems might be easier to overlook if it functioned at all, but as it is, they just add insult to injury. So, now, I'm looking at other options. I wouldn't recommend taking a chance on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars **, May 28, 2014
I have had this item for awhile the headphones are great the sound that comes out is great!! I would purchase again

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, October 20, 2013
As a person who is deaf in one ear, this is exactly what I need to hear all the music. I purchased this unit thinking the over the ear format would provide better security - no issues with the ear piece falling out of my ear. I guess it does this, but the speaker does not fit as well in the ear canal and the sound quality is impacted. I also purchased an in the ear version (no plastic over the ear). It is superior. No issues with it falling out and it fits better in my ear canal giving me superior sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, September 17, 2013
Great sound from just one ear bud, stays in place well, and fits well. Great product, I would recommend this to anybody looking for a one ear earbud.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›