5.0 out of 5 stars Can hear stereo again!
Published on July 24, 2011 by blwsaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid earbud with good sound [UPDATED - downgraded rating]
Published on August 2, 2011 by elvistrek

5.0 out of 5 stars Can hear stereo again!, July 24, 2011
This review is from: OneGood - XDU Stereo-to-mono Noise Isolating Earphone (old model, replaced by fabric-wrapped version ECP1) (Electronics)
I am deaf in one ear, so regular earphones only give me parts of the sound. With the earbud, I am able to hear ALL the notes and tones that I was not able to before. It's like getting a huge Christmas gift. I completely recommend the earbud to anyone! I was pleased to find that it was as advertised. Another plus is that I am able to plug the earbud into my television and not have to rely on captioning. It is also great for laying down to watch tv or listen to music- the earpiece is very comfortable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid earbud with good sound [UPDATED - downgraded rating], August 2, 2011
elvistrek (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
Original August 2011, review: At work, I got into the habit of just using one earbud in order to stay situationally aware. The only problem is that you lose part of the music if the song is in stereo. I bought this mono earbud to remedy that. I've been using it for about a month, and it works perfectly for what I need - converting the stereo sound to mono. The fit and sound quality is very similar to the JVC HAFX67B Air Cushion Headphone (Black) (which are only available in a stereo configuration). Occasionally, the sound is muddy - probably due to the conversion down to mono. Not often noticeable. Overall, a solid earbud that I would buy again. [Original rating: 4 stars]

UPDATED March 2013, review: The review above referred to the 2011 version of this product [with sliver-colored plug]. In 2012, I ordered another one. The newer version [with gold-colored plug], which appears also to have been rebranded, actually only gives you one of the sound channels. It does not combine the channels to form mono sound as the previous version did. In other words, if you listen to a stereo track, you will now miss half the sound. Very disappointing. [Updated rating: 2 stars]

2.0 out of 5 stars OK quality, but muffled/bassy sound. There are better and cheaper options exist, October 18, 2011
I have several of these in-ear earbuds, both stereo and mono. This one ranks in the middle of the pack

Pros:

- decent quality of construction
- comfortable
- plenty of low-end / bass

Cons:

- expensive relative to competition
- poor mid- and high frequencies, which makes hearing voices (think phone calls) and podcasts difficult

I listen to podcasts on my walk from the train to my office each day, and prefer a mono earbud so I can hear things around me and not get hit by a bus during my walk. I have another mono earbud (also bought at Amazon, for about $6) that Iwas using and was hoping to get something better. Unfortunately, the mid- and high frequency response on these earbuds is poor. For people who plan on listening to music, and like a lot of bass, these are probably ideal. But if you're listening to voices (podcasts, books on mp3, phone calls, etc.), be ready for some muffled sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD FOR MY PURPOSE., December 10, 2011
I use this earbud only for listing to my IPOD. On the IPOD, all I record is "old time radio." Many recording of Old Time Radio lack good recording quality. I supect that's because the recordings were made decades ago. My rating is for performance on "old time radio." I don't know whether my comments are applicable to music.

This earbud does an excellent job of reproducing the "old time radio shows." I have no problems with it. It's a bit bassy but the bass can be reduced using the controls on my IPOD.

The best feature of this earbud is it sensativity. I previously used another earphone, which I purchased from a local electronics suppply store. The earphone I previously used needed almost 100% amplification on my IPOD. This earphone needs only about 50%, to achieve the same volume level. That's a great improvement.

So, the sound is better and it's louder. It sells for a reasonable price. I recommend it but as metioned, I'm not able to evaluate its performance on music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, March 12, 2013
Seems to be a newer version and works really well. Someone said it only plays one channel, that is wrong, I tested it and it plays both left and right at the same time. Sound quality is pretty decent and I would order another one if needed. I would bring it down a few dollars since it is actually only one earbud($19.95 as of this review). All in all it's pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad these exist, March 8, 2013
A. Kane (North Windham, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I use this earphone with my iPod touch at work. We can't use earbuds in both ears for safety reasons. The sound is quite good, although some songs that capitalize on stereo sound (as in different parts of the song go to each ear) don't quite sound right, like something is missing. This ear bud has more oomph than stereo earbuds, so I don't need to turn up the volume as much to hear my music. The cord is just right in length for me too. I can keep my iPod in my back pocket and have plenty of slack to prevent the ear bud from being yanked out.

I love the fact that they come with three different size ear tips. I seem to have tiny ear canals, but the smallest size they provide is perfect for me. Anyone looking for a good mono earphone will be well served by this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea - Poor quality, July 14, 2012
I bought these only for using outside when watching my kid in the playground so that I could still hear with one ear. These shorted in just a few months of limited use. And this seems to be a common problem with these headphones.

Considering that a lot of folks use this for walking/running outside the manufacturer should have made these more durable. I have a popular brand PC headphones (that cost half of these) that have lasted me several years and are still going strong.

For the price, I expected better quality. I see no mention of this here, but on their website the manufacturer promises a 1 year warranty. I messaged the seller about the 1 year warranty and received an offer for a replacement.

UPDATE: Got the replacement today. So added a star for customer service!

I do like the concept, but will wait for the manufacturer to improve the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars OneGreat Product, June 22, 2012
At Last - a product to help those of us who are partially deaf. I am deaf in one ear and have searched for many years to find a product that would allow me to hear both sides of stereo content without plugging in multiple adapters or reversing the earphones. This earphone performs exactly as advertised and has excellent sound quality. I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for a stereo to mono earphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for one ear, November 25, 2011
I have lost the hearing in one ear and therefore could not enjoy stereo music. This earbud made that possible again, as it mixes both channels into one side. I would recommend this to anyone with a hearing problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, March 8, 2013
Great audio quality - very good fit. Comfortable and length of wire just right for use with computer. Use it at work, and great for keeping one ear open for phones.

ARRAY(0xa08c2c18)