4.0 out of 5 stars Great for your everyday cupcake

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite as Good as it Seems
Published on April 27, 2006 by Elizabeth

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Quite as Good as it Seems, April 27, 2006
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
As an avid cake decorator and baker, I couldn't wait to have this carrier, especially for school events! I love the ability to carry 2 dozen cupcakes but was dissappointed in the design. As the bottom tray is intended to cook in, it has standard-sized baking cups. Therefore, when you place a decorated cupcake in it it sinks down and you have to smudge the frosting to get it out! The top tray is shallow so doesn't do that. I have placed marbles in the lower tray cups to elevate the cupcakes which works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for your everyday cupcake, December 20, 2007
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I was very excited to get this carrier in the mail, as I've gotten somewhat obsessed with baking cupcakes lately. Overall, I think it's great. Easy to use, seals the cakes up well, can be stuck in the fridge (if you have room!) so that they keep longer, etc. However, there are some negative aspects of the product, which is why I've deducted one star. Like others have said, the bottom pan is a real cupcake pan, so once your cakes are decorated and put in there, they're a bear to get out without smudging frosting or getting your hands all goopy. I've tried the advice of others about putting something in the bottom of the cups to raise them just a bit, but then I found that the weight of the cupcakes on top caused the top rack to bow a little and smoosh into the bottom cupcakes. I've opted for goopy hands from now on and removed the "risers" on the bottom, but I'm worried what will happen if I decide to do anything more creative than just smoothing frosting on top. I wish they made one of these carriers that still held 24 cupcakes, but the bottom was a little less of a cupcake pan and more like the top rack. Also, they should put a stabilizer in the middle between the two holders because of that bowing problem with the weight of the cupcakes. But overall, it does it's job and gets my cupcakes places safely! The foil-lined box just wasn't cutting it anymore!

1.0 out of 5 stars Top tray sags--ruins cupcakes on the bottom, November 11, 2008
Dressmaker (Silicon Valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
This looks like a good idea, but it doesn't work, for two reasons: 1) The top tray is made of a soft plastic that sags down, making a mess of the surface of the cupcakes below. 2) The bottom tray is a real muffin pan (full depth), so once you put decorated cupcakes in it, you can't get them out without getting frosting on your fingers. I do not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars For what it is intended, December 26, 2005
Amazon Customer (Lenoir City, Tennessee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
The cupcake carrier seems great but I would recommend using a different pan to bake them in or else line the pan. The top carrier is plastic but it was a great idea using a metal pan for the bottom so that it does not sag when you carry it. I did not use it for baking to keep it new looking for the next use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Serious design flaws..., January 21, 2009
Iowa City Mom (Iowa City, IA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I was given this as a Christmas present and was initially quite excited. I like to make cupcakes for my office and for my son's daycare. I'm really disappointed with this product, however. First of all, the spacing between the two tiers is very, very narrow, causing the lower tier to become smooshed - all frosting smeared and if you have any sort of height and/or topping, decorative add-on, etc, it's going to get ruined. Secondly, the plastic second layer - the black upper level shown in the photo - is very weak and bows considerably under the weight of 12 cupcakes, which only adds to the smooshing in of the lower level. (Sadly, this plastic tray even looks bowed on the photo on the box!) I hate returning gifts, especially those that I'm so excited to have, but this is useless. Whoever engineered it did not think things through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for baking, February 16, 2008
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
This is a great cupcake carrier, but I don't bake in the bottom pan that is intended for baking. If you're making 24 cupcakes, you need to put two baking pans in the oven. This pan cannot be turned lengthwise to fit another pan next to it, because the rounded end (which the top part snaps onto) sticks out too far to fit in a conventional oven. Don't think they had any cupcake bakers on the design committee!

2.0 out of 5 stars almost does the trick, March 21, 2008
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I received this as a gift but I use it if I only have to transport 1 doz cupcakes. I've found that the upper tray is not tall enough to fit most of my frosting efforts and it sags under the weight of a full load of cupcakes squishing into the bottom row.

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay Product, May 6, 2010
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I have used my cupcake carrier probably 3 or 4 times. The top plastic tier is already sagging so that you can't put a lot of frosting on the cupcakes below. Also the metal baking tray has started to rust after only a few uses!! That's just what I want to feed kids, a little rust with their cupcakes!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, May 14, 2007
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I love the idea of being able to carry 24 cupcakes in one carrier, but the cupcakes in the lower tray will get smooshed if you are decorating them with anything but regular frosting. You still need to be careful carring them since they can bounce around oin the container.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, not such a good design..., September 17, 2008
This review is from: Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case (Kitchen)
I was so excited to get this, as I am always carrying cupcakes to work events, friends' parties, etc. However, the bottom rack of the carrier is an actual cupcake pan, so the cupcakes are really hard to get in and out of the wells once they are decorated. Also, the top rack seemed to dip down in the center, smashing the tops of the cupcakes on the bottom rack. If you were doing very low frosting on these cupcakes, it probably wouldn't be a problem, but I usually pipe my frosting on, which makes it a little bit taller.

Oneida 24-Count Cupcake Carrying Case