5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Winner
The first thing I noticed about Eckhart Tolle's Oneness with All Life: Inspirational Selections from a New Earth, is that it is a beautifully bound hard cover book (ribbon bookmark included,)with an old-time feel. The inside is beautifully laid out with flower illustrations. It actually conveys a feeling of peacefulness to hold the book.

"Your inner purpose is...
Published on November 4, 2008 by Norma Lehmeierhartie

3.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Edition Overpriced
I'm a fan of Tolle. He writes simply and clearly. And for those who want just the meat without the potatoes, these selected passages can act as a nice daily reading for contemplative meditation. When I leafed through the paperback version at a friend's house, I thought I'd like to have my own copy.

But I am NOT a fan of this Kindle price! This is a slim volume...
Published on December 11, 2012 by Eliza G.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspirational Winner, November 4, 2008

"Your inner purpose is to awaken," says Tolle. This is the essence of the book, and what my own spiritual teacher tries to instill in her students. Each chapter works on this lofty spiritual plane.

Tolle recommends that you read A New Earth before Oneness with all Life, as this book is a distilled version of the first and contains fairly advanced spiritual lessons. He suggests reading a random section or single chapter at a time. The point is to read, reflect, and allow the messages to resonate within your soul.

"The informational content of this book is of relatively little importance," he writes. "You read it not so much to learn something new, but to go deeper, become more present, awaken out of the stream of incessant and compulsive thinking."

This sums up the book for me: "If you come across passages in this book that you feel are powerful, I want you to realize that what you are feeling is your own spiritual power. That is to say you are in your essence."

This book is like having your own spiritual teacher to turn to whenever you need some clarity.

A typical passage: "How to be at peace now. By making peace with the present moment."

Highly recommended.

By the author of the award winning book, HARMONIOUS ENVIRONMENT: BEAUTIFY, DETOXIFY & ENERGIZE YOUR LIFE, YOUR HOME & YOUR PLANET.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not necessary, December 22, 2008
If you are considering buying this book, or A New Earth in the bookstore, you are probably interested in exploring Tolle's work.

As I leafed through this book which is merely selections from the other book, albeit with a nice hardcover binding, and a ribbon bookmark, I realised, why get the milk, when you can get the whole cow for less.

So, that's what I did, I got the whole cow.

So, if you already have the whole cow, are a fan of the whole cow, love the whole cow, and merely want more or less of the same, or to give it as a gift, get this book. It would make an excellent gift.

If not, the other one beckons, and I do recommend it.

I know this one is tempting, it's a really nice cover. This is a good opportunity for you to practice your desirelessness, and not buy it : )

I hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quiet Inspiration, November 13, 2008
Oneness with All Life is another jewel by the bestselling author of The Power of Now and A New Earth. I recommend that you first read A New Earth and then enjoy this beautiful book for inspiration and meditative reading. While it includes many powerful pointers from A New Earth, Eckhart does not dissect the ego or explore the pain body as he does in his other books. This is in no way a diminishment of the profound message that you will cherish within.

The purpose of this book is to shift deeper in consciousness and to allow the presence that is already within you to consciously emerge. If you find yourself lost in compulsive thinking, take a moment and read a passage or start each morning with a quiet inspiration. In this gentle manner, Eckhart will guide you to your essence.

When you first glance at the physical beauty of this book's cover, it is the first hint that you are about to receive an intimate gift directly from Eckhart Tolle. It is appropriately referred to as the "Treasury Edition."

Katie Davis, Author, "Awake Joy"

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn who you really are., December 25, 2008
This book really captures the essence of Eckhart Tolle's teachings. Taking selections from his latest book "A New Earth" and editing them under topics that make them useful and easy to understand and read.
The book explores how to go beyond thought. We get lost in the delusion that our thoughts are us, they are not, we are the awareness behind the thoughts. What we can observe is not what we are. Awareness lives in the present, when we do mental movie making of the past or future we have become lost in thoughts. Most people's conscious awareness is asleep and associated completely with thoughts, emotions, and the body. This book is about creating awareness through observing that this is not who we are. When you become one with the present moment your false ego falls away and you clearly see life for what it is, released from the bonds of opinion, judging, and ego desire. Yielding to what is gives you the ability to observe life and make decisions from the power of your clear awareness and avoid the confusion of the false ego.
If you are ready to move to a higher level of consciousness, and break free from the delusions of the false ego. Then I strongly suggest you buy and read this and Tolle's other books. He integrates the teachings of Buddha and Christ and explains them in their true spiritual context.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to daily meditations, November 16, 2008
Amazon Customer (Valparaiso, IN United States) - See all my reviews
I am a wonderful codependent! So, that being said, I reach daily for books to help me stay focused. I am so pleased that I now have this book in my collection. I simply let the powers that are direct me to my page for the day, or that moment, and shazam, exactly what I need to hear is on that page. Also, I love the illustrations...simplistic and peaceful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy only if you REALLY need it!, November 18, 2009
If you are familiar with Tolle's work, the substance of this book is no different. The presentation however, is geared more towards casual quick reading. The subject matter is broken down in to smaller sections which make it easy to read and then contemplate. You don't feel compelled to read cover to cover. In fact Tolle recommends against it.
Personally, I like the layout and the art. There is something calming and soothing about flipping through the pages of this book. My purchase was a self indulgent splurge.
I would not recommend this book if you are looking for new information. This is more for your "feel good" book collection. If you do know someone who enjoys reading Tolle, this would make an excellent gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oneness With All Life - YES!, December 1, 2008
Simply put, this edition is a wonderful bedside companion or glove compartment emergency kit! It shares some of the most beautiful & inspiring quotes from "A New Earth". Snack on it often as there are no calories, only spiritual nourishment! Soul Yummy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Continuation, January 3, 2009
A continuation of healing and understanding from Eckhart Tolle for those who have read "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth". He gives some of his most powerful quotes on each page that can be read and re-read to emphasize the powerful messages he spoke of in his series of books.

4.0 out of 5 stars The words are brilliant, the art is not....., November 17, 2011
Miriam Slater (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth (Paperback)
Eckhart Tolles word's are, as in his other books, always golden. The book is laid out in a more free form manner, for meditative reading, where one simply picks up the book, opens it where they may, and contemplates the concepts presented, which are profound. I love reading books in this way and glean just as much inspiration in this manner as I do from reading denser books from beginning to end. For this reason, the book, based on the text, should have received a five star rating, but unfortunately, the beautiful consciousness of Tolle's writing is impeded by less conscious art that accompanies it. The art (watercolors of flowers) is not worthy of the text in my opinion, although the overall design and layout of the book is fine.

In past times, there was a beautiful tradition of using only the finest artists of the land to illustrate sacred teachings. These artists brought excellence and consciousness to whatever they did, and their art nicely complimented and even enhanced the teachings. Examples of artists of a higher caliber of were those that decorated churches of the Europe, or those that created the exquisite illuminated manuscripts of Christian times, artists of the Renaissance, the beautiful illuminated versions of the Koran, and the elaborate mandalas of Tibet. My hope is that for future books, the art work chosen will be of a higher caliber.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oneness with all life:, September 11, 2009
This is a beautiful collection of the inspirational sayings in the book A New Earth. If you have never read any of Eckhart Tolle's writings, i would suggest that you read A New Earth (or The Power of Now) first, or watch one of his DVDs (the 'Flowering of Human Consciousness,' or the 'Findhorn Retreat').

Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth
Oneness With All Life: Inspirational Selections from A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle (Paperback - October 27, 2009)
$16.00 $12.68