Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ChefLand 8-Piece Deluxe Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Measuring Spoon Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Color: Stainless Steel|Change

on October 20, 2012
I am SO disappointed. They should not describe them as "stainless steel". They rusted after the very first time I washed them (hand washed-rack dried)and have a rusty residue after every wash. I'm throwing them out; what a waste.
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2012
Do not buy, the edges of the measuring cups are super sharp, I wouldn't let my kids near them. The measurements are way off- a US standard cup corresponds to 236 ml and these cups measure 250ml, it is the same for the half cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup, useless for baking. I took them out of box and had a couple of cuts as I was opening the packaging. I contacted the seller immediately, and was told that I couldn't return the item because I had already used them!!!
review image
44 comments| 281 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2011
I agree with K. Lambert. For $9.95 this set is a steal - definitely better than plastic but it's not without flaws. As shown in the photos I uploaded, there are brownish discolorations in all the cups, right where the handles were welded on. I tried scrubbing the stains but they wouldn't come off. I guess it's alright as long as it doesn't spread to the entire cup. The cups themselves aren't that thick and actually give a little bit when squeezed (but who would do that)? The cup handles, on the other hand, are quite sturdy and don't bend. I just hope they never come off since they're just attached onto the cups. The spoons are better, I think. I compared them with my old plastic spoon set and they hold the exact same amount of liquid. I have yet to try washing them in the dishwasher. I don't expect this set to last long but by the time they break I'll probably be ready for an upgrade. Product is made in India.
review image review image review image
11 comment| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2012
These started to rust after one washing. No matter how dry I think I got them, I find a new spot of rust every time I go to use them.
on December 8, 2011
As I am cleaning the measuring cups, brand new right out of the box, I see that the handle on the "one cup" is already half detached from the cup. I am also noticing that the cups are very sharp around the rim, and am concerned that this could cause I minor, but probably uncomfortable, cut at some point. I would not purchase this set again. The measuring spoons, on first examination, seem to be fine.
on December 4, 2012
I bought these in June, basically 6 months ago. They seemed fine at first, about what one would expect for the price. The handles seemed reasonably stiff and they were functional for their task. Now after only 6 months of light duty, two of the measuring cups have linear cracks/splits in the metal originating at the tip of the spout and running vertically down the side of the cup, making them useless now for measuring liquids.

I really expect something like a metal measuring cup to last longer than 6 months. Obviously this is a defective design, and apparently the spout puts a stress on the cheap quality metal, and probably triggers a crack due to the heating/cooling of the dishwasher.

I will be looking for better quality.
on February 20, 2013
Measuring spoons were just fine, but we were disappointed in the measuring cups. Not only were they thin and the top rim sharp to the touch, but within two weeks, they started rusting.
on May 26, 2011
UPDATE 4-30-2013: I was right about the welds being weak, one came loose. Also, the one cup measuring cup has developed a rust ring around the outside bottom. The measuring spoons still look like they did the day I bought them. I have never had a recipe not turn out due to inaccurate measurements when using anything from this set. I have also not had anything negatively effect my husband's blood sugar when using these. I am still happy with this purchase.

Original Post: For the price that Amazon is selling this set for it is a steal! I absolutely love that I was able to get stainless steel for less than most plastic sets. I received exactly what is pictured and described and am very happy with this. I don't think these are the highest quality stainless steel, but I am no expert. I have exactly what was pictured and described and no better. I am not able nor willing to pay a lot of money for a measuring cup and spoon set, and in exchange for the cheap price I know that I am not getting top of the line. I feel that for this set being made of metal and not plastic the price is wonderful and I am sure that this set will serve me for many years. My husband is type 1 diabetic and you cannot have enough measuring spoons and cups when you are cooking and trying to keep track of carbs. Hopefully these will be less likely to fall off the counter unnoticed for the dogs to grab than my old plastic set (I am missing measuring cups and spoons and have found many marred by little teeth). The only thing that is worrisome to me is how long the welds will hold up for on the measuring cups, the welds do seem sturdy so they may not even be a concern. I may order another set or three!
on February 25, 2013
I like the measuring cups but I cannot say anything about the spoons because they were not included in my order. After letting the company know, they said I could return the entire thing and get my money back. I just wanted them to send me the spoons and they would not!
on September 15, 2012
Pros:

- The metal finish looks pretty good
- Decent price

Cons:

- Handle for one of the measuring cups broke off before I even had a chance to use it
- Measuring units on cups are hard to read (I didn't even realize they were there at first)

I bought this set based on the mostly positive reviews, so my experience may have been rare, but I was extremely disappointed by the build quality of these. I didn't open the package and realize the issue until it was too late to return to Amazon, so I'm now missing a 1/2 cup measurer, which is frustrating.
review image